Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn or 4:44 gonna clean up

Personally I pick 4:44, nothing skippable, but Damn was more popular (i skip ‘love’ and ‘lust’)

Ross def got snubbed tho

Damn deserves Album of the year, but it's probably gonna go to Bruno Mars. This is the album IMO that solidified Kendricks seat on the crown

Damn and 4:44 were both flawless to me....Love is my shhhhhh!!!! “She gimme a run for my money” :pimp: :pimp:

the Ross albulm was DOPE minus the “trap songs”....trap trap trap trap trap trap sucks ‍♂️

Lol 444 garbage

You love that lazy and boring *** Views album though

5I5s8.png

Sales, quality, impact, reach........ he already delivered these in the past but the DAMN album when we think back in a few years is gonna be his Blueprint Album IMO.

Sales and quality sure. But what impact did it have?

Sales, quality, impact, reach........ he already delivered these in the past but the DAMN album when we think back in a few years is gonna be his Blueprint Album IMO.

I think it’s his worst album tbh. Not saying much tho cuz they are all good/great.

But I see what you saying

Damn and 4:44 were both flawless to me....Love is my shhhhhh!!!! “She gimme a run for my money” :pimp: :pimp:

the Ross albulm was DOPE minus the “trap songs”....trap trap trap trap trap trap sucks♂️

All 3 (or 4) of those songs are some of the easiest skips ever :lol: Trap Trap Trap is alright, but those other ones sound like 2010 leftovers.

Just like y’all love that predictable, boring, reading off a paper sounding music, and not to mention the flop of a tour also known as 4:44

$20 jay z tickets

Kreayshawn charge more than that
F66D7BA6-77A1-4863-B35A-6263D3334116.png

She kinda has to when 12 people show up.

my favorite rap albums are

Mumble Rap
Rather You Than Me
Forever Is A Mighty Long Time
Future
Issa

of big named people

Honestly if that's a question, then nothing i say from this point on is gonna be productive.

Then you could not have responded then. I really don't see what impact Damn had at all aside from being a quality album that sold better than normal.

da problem with 4:44 is its pretentious & preachy....i like either or, not both.

his apex will always be da black album & blueprint...with VOL. 2 and reasonable Doubt also stand outs and in regards to his debut, his best body of work.

4:44 caused a lot of conversation socially, I’d say it was impactful.

Had a lot of rappers mad about the money phone :lol:

da problem with 4:44 is its pretentious & preachy....i like either or, not both.

his apex will always be da black album & blueprint...with VOL. 2 and reasonable Doubt also stand outs and in regards to his debut, his best body of work.

There's nothing pretentious or preachy in the album at all. That's just how you responded to it. It was moreso a reflection of his career and using his experiences to educate.

my biggest problem with 4:44 is he mentions all this stuff after it’s safer to say

he’s said things in the past but not in the span of a whole body of work

the album wasn’t bad at all but I’d be lying if I said I’ve played it since my first listen

There's nothing pretentious or preachy in the album at all. That's just how you responded to it. It was moreso a reflection of his career and using his experiences to educate.
Agreed. As an adult, the points that people said were pretentious or preachy I took as jewels. I think Jay has earned the right to preach a bit about how to build individual wealth. Especially if he isn't out here just bragging about things.

There were times when Jay was pretentious, but if anything he sounded more humble admitting his faults.

DAMN was too safe of an album for me. But it was basically the soundtrack of 2017 & had the best sales. It's hard to argue against it.

Back
Top Bottom