Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Funny hearing Joe say Mase called him Sat night and then texting him Sun morning.

It's real funny that so many people are Mase fans all of the sudden. I've been getting killed on NT for years for being a Mase fan but now he got bars, people love him.

I can't wait to hear Joe and Mal speak on this beef on the podcast.

I think it's mostly cause people think of Mase as Pastor Mase that dropped a bunch of duds after his debut, not COTC Mase that could come for dudes' heads. It also helps that Mase sounds like he stepped out of a time machine, while Cam has clearly declined for awhile. Maybe not content wise, but pure delivery. Jim Jones has passed Cam up in that aspect.

On my way to church, hustlers P.O.M.E. The mob mixtapes...etc...even summer in Miami had BANGERS!!

Jim put out just as much hot music as Cam during that era to me ...

Which was a treat to us Dipset fans. That era was such a nice blend of quantity + quality to me....

Dips, g-unit, Wayne squad tapes up to C3....seemed like my favorite artists were ALWAYS dropping hella dope music....

All my OGs gotta remember when Cam went on rap city and the whole music forum made a thread bout it simultaneously :lol:

Whole front page was “Cam on rap city” :rofl:

You talkin bout the time he was counting stacks of cash while rappin? :nthat:

It's real funny that so many people are Mase fans all of the sudden. I've been getting killed on NT for years for being a Mase fan but now he got bars, people love him

all you had to say is Harlem world is classic and they'd leave you alone. :lol:

Ma$e treated Cam like da neighborhood bully with hood stripes who everyone is afraid of except him cuz he never lost a scrap to, and his mama always served him a plate of food when he comes by to visit.

if you're my age (mid 30's) you're whole introduction to Killa Cam is cuz you was a Ma$e fan first.

Mase is and has always been a better rapper than camron, sold more records and everything. Cam was more style and persona aka swag than he was bars. That's why the first thing people mention about him is his antics. Cam and juelz are hard rappers to go back and listen to because they said a whole bunch of gibberish over souls beats. I can post some juelz verses that's downright embarrassing for someone who supposedly had next.

Spot on article regarding Post Malone. Good, clear consise read.

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/11/post-malone-and-racism

1F9D4488-A9A4-4945-90DB-11F443737073.png

Mase is and has always been a better rapper than camron, sold more records and everything. Cam was more style and persona aka swag than he was bars. That's why the first thing people mention about him is his antics. Cam and juelz are hard rappers to go back and listen to because they said a whole bunch of gibberish over souls beats. I can post some juelz verses that's downright embarrassing for someone who supposedly had next.

Although some of the most vocal ppl calling them clowns were Jay stans who were super salty when Cam started clowning Jay around the time of the Jay and Nas beef and what happened right after with Dipset distancing themselves from the Roc.

On my way to church, hustlers P.O.M.E. The mob mixtapes...etc...even summer in Miami had BANGERS!!

Jim put out just as much hot music as Cam during that era to me ...

Which was a treat to us Dipset fans. That era was such a nice blend of quantity + quality to me....

Dips, g-unit, Wayne squad tapes up to C3....seemed like my favorite artists were ALWAYS dropping hella dope music....

Not a lie told.

Those who know :pimp:

Spot on article regarding Post Malone. Good, clear consise read.

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/11/post-malone-and-racism

1F9D4488-A9A4-4945-90DB-11F443737073.png
This is why I cant stand Complex, they post (no pun intended) and promote the hell out this dude music then make an article condemning his dumb**** and parts of his music. But when people are pointing that **** out from jump their called haters, sometimes by Complex themselves. Only part I even found interesting was the "I'm not a rapper" quote. Cause Malone aint the only rapper, white or black, to try and distance themselves from that term or the genre itself. Why is it problem now when it wasnt before?

Back
Top Bottom