Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That city girls and saweetie song gonna be the one to take off watch. Lil baby got the best song on the project.

Sad what happened to the Migos. Instead of doubling down on what got them hot, they tried to go pop in an era where you don't need to do that no more and they got lazy

I tried to do the QC tape....but couldn’t do it :lol:. This ain’t it.

Migos back to being lazy again. Yachty Trash. Lil Baby the only saving grace...and he got 1 solo song, a smash hit with Da Baby and a joint with Rylo.

No thanks.

mjlol.png

Sad what happened to the Migos. Instead of doubling down on what got them hot, they tried to go pop in an era where you don't need to do that no more and they got lazy

It’s what they do. Happened in 2014 to mid 2016. Then Quavo caught a buzz with some features. Offset leveled up. Lucci threw me an Oop. Bad and Bougee happened. They delivered with Culture and more features. Then got lazy again :lol:.

It’s cyclical with them. If they want to...they can bunker down again and get it right. *****s having way too much paper right now tho, to really care about the craft again. When they backs against the wall, and they counted out...they deliver.

It’s what they do. Happened in 2014 to mid 2016. Then Quavo caught a buzz with some features. Offset leveled up. Lucci threw me an Oop. Bad and Bougee happened. They delivered with Culture and more features. Then got lazy again :lol:.

It’s cyclical with them. If they want to...they can bunker down again and get it right. *****s having way too much paper right now tho, to really care about the craft again. When they backs against the wall, and they counted out...they deliver.
They should feel like they backs are against the wall tho. Do they really have a buzz?

This was the last joint that I really ****** with

Hoodrich>>>>>

DMV gon be fire

This is actually the first album I listened to last night. Love Danny Wolf’s beats and they perfectly fit Pablo’s flow. He’s one of my favorite newer dudes despite him apparently not having hands.

I tried to do the QC tape....but couldn’t do it :lol:. This ain’t it.

Migos back to being lazy again. Yachty Trash. Lil Baby the only saving grace...and he got 1 solo song, a smash hit with Da Baby and a joint with Rylo.

No thanks.

I listened to Baby, What It Is, I Suppose, Frosted Flakes, Pink Toes, Pastor, Magellanic, 100 Racks, Virgil, and Get Em In, and I’m 100% with keeping it solely with those. Felt like Takeoff and DaBaby shined, Offset and Quavo were standard, Megan got off another pants swooshing verse, and I avoided Yachty, so I don’t have many complaints :lol:

Bottom line.

It's a chance for people who don't like Jay-Z to attack him.

and black people love tearing down other black people. It's what we do best. People are more passionate about Jay-Z than police shootings, Kaep or oppression.

On one hand they're entertainers, but then they're supposed to be Martin Luther King

Bottom line.

and black people love tearing down other black people. It's what we do best. People are more passionate about Jay-Z than police shootings, Kaep or oppression.

On one hand they're entertainers, but then they're supposed to be Martin Luther King

And ****** was still watching the NFL so they just full of ****. I'm not talking this outrage serious. ****** had none of this energy for Kaep and being bought

Revisiting Trap Or Die 2 and man this was disgusting :smokin :smokin been randomly burning CDs of a lot of older mixtapes that either aren’t on streaming sites, or been changed due to sample issues, and I’ve been playing stuff I haven’t heard in years. Plus CDQ >

I can forreal run that tape front to back. All the features brought it to.

And ****** was still watching the NFL so they just full of ****. I'm not talking this outrage serious. ****** had none of this energy for Kaep and being bought

I just ignore it as just talk.

Most people aren't giving up **** for Kaep, much less black people. A lot of people have self hate, that's why they hate black people that succeeded.

But still are expecting celebs to make sacrifices and do things they aren't doing in their own lives.

I remember when Lebron made these comments after the loss to Dallas

“Absolutely Not, cause at the end of the day, Ummmm, all the people who are rooting for me to fail, ummm, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today, they got the same personal problems they had, today. You know, and I’m gonna continue to live the way I want to live, and continue to do the things I wannna do with me and my family …they gotta get back to the real world at some point.”

I thought it was harsh and sort of mean spirited at the time. As the years have gone on, I'm seeing it, he was just unfiltered about it from the other side.

Life is hard enough worrying about your life and your families, way too many people live their life for and carrying about celebs. I'm not sure if it was like that to this degree before social media, because so much gossip and negativity is at your finger tips.

Snoop Dogg's new album is so
ld.png
that I ended up listening to Street Money Boochie's new project. It was cool, kept 4 tracks. Part of one of the hooks though "you a thug and a cop/like Pac on Gridlock'd"
dead.png

Bottom line.

_'s don't know how to disagree and keep it at that. It has to be over emotional, extra, draw attention type ****. The minute somebody does 1 thing they don't like it's "let's cancel him, he's done".

Too many people get on this emotional **** where "you must agree with me on the destination and the route we're taking."

I don't need to agree with somebody on every single thing, as long we agree on the most important things, cool we can work together. The rest of that **** we can work out later.

Think it might’ve been the other way around. Quavo was havin at that time. Take them off that song and u got a track that don’t leave the A.

Think it might’ve been the other way around. Quavo was havin at that time. Take them off that song and u got a track that don’t leave the A.

:lol: it benefited both parties. Lucci was on fire at the time...and that was a hit of course for both of them. It led right into Good Drank then bad and bougee

Cuz at that time...it was Quavo had A ft on Pick up the phone and Cocoon was slowly building. 3 way was a street joint that dropped earlier, that had *****s thinking, “Migos back”. Then the link with Lucci with Key to the streets, with all that combined had *****s saying they was back in tune. I remember :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom