Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm not sure you can legally be part of team ownership and have a sports agency. Think thats why he was forced to sell his Nets stake, conflict of interest

You're generalizing.

Colin was expressing his 1st amendment rights by an act of defiance during the pledge to speak on police brutality towards minors and then punished/banished/blackballed from the league.

What you just brought up was treatment (and marginalization) of players in the NCAA.

Do not pretend those two things are the same topic.

It is the same topic. You just don't see it.

He's being paid for photos and appearances to market the NFL
Straight biscuit boy

And I'm supposed to believe a TMZ report that says...."he's going to be a part owner...we don't know which team...but that's one reason why he did this"

FOH :lol:

Remember when he finessed ****** into believing he owned the Nets? :lol:

This is in no way comparable to what Kanye did
I'm just comparing Jay cozying up next to Goodell the way Kanye sided with Trump and started rocking a maga hat.

As far as I see it, Jay is fully in league with Goodell and the NFL. Son out here defending them and all that ****.

Same **** Kanye did just on a crazier erratic level. It's just Ye was crazy thinking what he was doing was right while Jay is doing this for money.

It is the same topic. You just don't see it.
One is Colin doing something and getting a reaction, the other is whats being done to a group of players every year on a mass scale.

One is institutional and the other is individual. That's a fact simply cuz the other NFL players that have joined Colin and kneeled since he got attention for it have not caught the raw deal he has.

If you go by the accepted definition of the word topic then no they are not the same topic.

Only one way to see it.

How many black folks have billions lying around to buy a whole team?
The ones that are billionaires. Go google a list of them.

The whole minority scam thing was just brought up with the Nets. Jay ditched that quick to manage players cuz it was more lucrative.

So you personally want a MAJORITY owner, that makes sense. Much smaller pool to choose from though
It's not really personal it just makes sense to me that if we talking about and want more black owners (or any minority/ppl of color) of major sports teams that they should be full majority owners.

What's the point if it aint? Definitely is a smaller group but that doesnt matter much cuz Im not foolish enough to assume that the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc are ever gonna have more black team owners than white team owners

When it was rumored Puffy wanted to buy the Knicks and more importantly Dolan was selling I didnt want things to end up where he was just part owner and Dolan was still around.

Last edited:
I can respect that but its alot more difficult to establish, the number will grow over time I'm sure. Think Jordan and the guy from the Jags are the only ones.

Revisiting Trap Or Die 2 and man this was disgusting :smokin :smokin been randomly burning CDs of a lot of older mixtapes that either aren’t on streaming sites, or been changed due to sample issues, and I’ve been playing stuff I haven’t heard in years. Plus CDQ >

Back
Top Bottom