Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Who said it did?

Your post is filled with empty statements that sounds like you was tryna say something but not clear on it.

The video wasn't only talking about the NFL, and you can't exclude the NFL from this convo because that's who blackballed Kaep, that's who he accepted the settlement from, that's who Jay is working with (been working with them this whole time through Roc Nation).

Your post is filled with empty statements that sounds like you was tryna say something but not clear on it.

The video wasn't only talking about the NFL, and you can't exclude the NFL from this convo because that's who blackballed Kaep, that's who he accepted the settlement from, that's who Jay is working with (been working with them this whole time through Roc Nation).
You just posted a point that no one made. I was extremely clear in saying Jay-z didn't need the NFL to work on social justice, so this was a money grab masked under the guise of social justice and continuing the goals Kaep set out to achieve.

The league has ZERO to do with Kaep's reason for protest. Jay framed it as if he's doing this as an actionable item past protesting.

:lol:
Screenshot_20190817-105052_YouTube.jpg

:rofl: @ the reccomendation.

bruh someone please come look at how visibly uncomfortable Hov is @ 2:40 - 2:45 that **** made me ******* uncomfortable. Dude coulda been picking his nose or scratching his ***. I've had bosses like that that have just tried too ******* hard :lol:

The new Boondocks episodes are going to be ******* amazing they gotta use all this ****. They gotta come back out with like 20 episodes on Netflix.

boondocks.jpg

Sidenote: I didn't know it was gonna be a video game.

I ****ING KNEW IT
maaaaan wait till im able to ACTUALLY type out a full post

Salute to Hov for always reaching new levels but it's nasty to try and get ahead of this with "social justice" "actionable items".

:rofl:

How are the supporters of this gonna feel if/when it only really results in more ****** in halftime shows over the next 5 years?

The more I think about it, what can the NFL even do to help police brutality? Even with Jay? The issue was that they were so openly "good ol boy" to get Colin the **** outta there that fast for kneeling rather than them having an active role in helping that discussion.

Jay shot his own brother, sold crack to his community, and stabbed a ***** over bootlegging his music. This what y’all mad about? :lol:

Jay shot his own brother, sold crack to his community, and stabbed a ***** over bootlegging his music. This what y’all mad about? :lol:

Mad? No.

Not finna let a ***** making two money moves to help a white entity rebrand into a similar place as the NBA sell it to me as reactions to protests about police brutality? Yea.

It's a major finesse to get an NFL team chunk for probably less than 2-3 years of performance curating (the real play is the gradual rebranding of the NFL to be more urban post them not having ****** since Tittygate and the Colin thing)...salute to him for that...you don't think it's "nasty", as Budden and friends would say, to try and smooth it over with black people on some social justice ****...knowing ****** would have the logic they do now..."It's Hov give him the benefit of the doubt"...

Mad? No.

Not finna let a ***** making two money moves to help a white entity rebrand into a similar place as the NBA sell it to me as reactions to protests about police brutality? Yea.

So you don't watch the NFL and don't work for a white company?

Mad? No.

It's a major finesse to get an NFL team chunk for probably less than 2-3 years of performance curating (the real play is the gradual rebranding of the NFL to be more urban post them not having *****s since Tittygate and the Colin thing)...salute to him for that...you don't think it's "nasty", as Budden and friends would say, to try and smooth it over with black people on some social justice ****...knowing *****s would have the logic they do now..."It's Hov give him the benefit of the doubt"...

But why can’t it be both? For the record, I haven’t read or payed enough attention to the situation to really speak on it. I just know there’s a lot of fake outrage going on right now for a guy that’s done a lot of good for our culture.

So you don't watch the NFL and don't work for a white company?

If I did, I'm not doing press conferences to try and sell it as some woke ****...

That's the issue with me. I salute him for the overall money play (y'all wanna use me to rebrand, give me a NFL team chunk) but him trying to spin it as some other **** is where I can't go with him.

To answer your question, no I don't really give a damn about football I'll watch it if it's on at someone else's crib, and I'm in school, making enough with art/creative type stuff and reselling/flipping **** to handle rent/food and whatnot so rn I don't really work for anyone. But I have before and see what you're saying, and that's not even the issue.

Last edited:
Another good break down. No emotional ****, just laying everything out.

Kap settled out of court, can't even speak on the NFL, but people are supposed to be boycotting on his behalf?

I didn't even get mad he settled. I hoped he got a bag, but what's rumored, I was wondering why? He didn't owe us anything and he put his career on the line. But it seemed like he didn't want to really expose the NFL, because he would rather play. And Eric Reid isn't playing arena football or in the CFL, he's playing in the NFL.

Dudes can't even discuss the issues rationally, because it's based off emotion and they're just following everyone else

Back
Top Bottom