Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If I did, I'm not doing press conferences to try and sell it as some woke ****...

That's the issue with me. I salute him for the overall money play (y'all wanna use me to rebrand, give me a NFL team chunk) but him trying to spin it as some other **** is where I can't go with him.

To answer your question, no I don't really give a damn about football I'll watch it if it's on at someone else's crib, and I'm in school, making enough with beats, cover arts and reselling/flipping **** to handle rent/food and whatnot so rn I don't really work for anyone. But I have before and see what you're saying, and that's not even the issue.

But can it not be both?

But why can’t it be both? For the record, I haven’t read or payed enough attention to the situation to really speak on it. I just know there’s a lot of fake outrage going on right now for a guy that’s done a lot of good for our culture.

This why you can’t listen to these “he’s cancelled” folks online. People type the first thing they feel without proper context or even knowing full details. Twitter got folks out here looking goofy every day.

Dudes calling him a cooon and all kinds of **** sounding crazy. He’s a snake and a camel and some other **** but cooon ain’t the right word :lol:

But why can’t it be both? For the record, I haven’t read or payed enough attention to the situation to really speak on it. I just know there’s a lot of fake outrage going on right now for a guy that’s done a lot of good for our culture.

No the tweet should just stop @ "so he can't partner with the NFL?"

Again, the issue to me is when people try to spin an entertainment and financial move into a social justice reaction.

Meek and Cole at the Superbowl is gonna be a good look but does nothing in real life when it relates to police brutality, and that's perfectly okay. Why are you trying to sell it to us like it is?

But can it not be both?

Ironically imagine the reactions if Puff was made performance curator so he could be a part owner of the Panthers and tried to sell his involvement as an "actionable social justice reaction".

Y'all are smart enough to see this for what it is you just have post-4:44 Hov in y'alls minds as not being able to move like this.

Screenshot_2019-08-17-14-51-10-689_com.spotify.music.jpg

If you a loyal Soulja then I just might front you the whole thang
First I needa know where your momma stay and what's your **** name

Gotti one of the ones :pimp:

Ironically imagine the reactions if Puff was made performance curator so he could be a part owner of the Panthers and tried to sell his involvement as an "actionable social justice reaction".

Y'all are smart enough to see this for what it is you just have post-4:44 Hov in y'alls minds as not being able to move like this.

Move like what tho? Like I said, this the same guy that shot his own brother over a ring, sold crack to his people, and stabbed a man over bootlegging his music. He’s ALWAYS been about his bread. The people that are upset probably aren’t Jay fans. Despite him being more conscious and using his platform for good, I’ve never got it twisted that he’s always been bout his money. But again.. it can be both. ****** really calling Jay a c o o n.:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

This why you can’t listen to these “he’s cancelled” folks online. People type the first thing they feel without proper context or even knowing full details. Twitter got folks out here looking goofy every day.

Dudes calling him a cooon and all kinds of **** sounding crazy. He’s a snake and a camel and some other **** but cooon ain’t the right word :lol:

Dudes have no real views. They need to fit in with everyone else.

I learned all about the internet when I saw people calling Jim Brown of all people a **** for meeting with Trump. If you aren't educated enough to know what Jim Brown has done over the past 50 years the word **** shouldn't come out of your mouth.

Does Puff have a history like Jay-Z?

Do you know any of the things Jay-Z has been doing over the past ten years?

:rofl: @ the reccomendation.

bruh someone please come look at how visibly uncomfortable Hov is @ 2:40 - 2:45 that **** made me ****ing uncomfortable. Dude coulda been picking his nose or scratching his ***. I've had bosses like that that have just tried too ****ing hard :lol:
It legit reminds me when he showed up and he lost to Ether.

Fam was stuttering and stammering @ a loss for words.

**** looks so bad. Crazy to me how dudes can see that and still take up for him so hard.

Didn’t Jay rap or say in an interview some **** like we not messing with the NFL cause Kaep don’t have a job?

I still watch the NFL and I’ll still listen to Jay but the fact he said that and then did this is weak. It’s weak because he’s got so much money so to go back on your stance when you don’t even need it, not a fan

But I know he’s done a lot for black and Hispanics over the last few years. So I’m not outraged or going crazy over it.

No the tweet should just stop @ "so he can't partner with the NFL?"

Again, the issue to me is when people try to spin an entertainment and financial move into a social justice reaction.

Meek and Cole at the Superbowl is gonna be a good look but does nothing in real life when it relates to police brutality, and that's perfectly okay. Why are you trying to sell it to us like it is?
Dudes be trying to pull the wool over ppl's eyes pretending like one will support the other.

As far as I saw it this move worked to negate those past moves.

There'd be no question on how fraudulent it would look if a white guy did the same.

Last edited:
Does Puff have a history like Jay-Z?

Do you know any of the things Jay-Z has been doing over the past ten years?

I don’t think the gap is as wide as you’re implying, didn’t Puff open up a charter school?

Hov been on his **** but that’s enough for y’all to let him spin an entertainment curation role into a social justice reaction?

Move like what tho? Like I said, this the same guy that shot his own brother over a ring, sold crack to his people, and stabbed a man over bootlegging his music. He’s ALWAYS been about his bread. The people that are upset probably aren’t Jay fans. Despite him being more conscious and using his platform for good, I’ve never got it twisted that he’s always been bout his money. But again.. it can be both. *****s really calling Jay a c o o n.:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Why do you keep trying to spin it like I’m offended at/have a problem with the actual move (I’m not) and not him trying to sell it (it being him being made a performance curator so NFL can rebrand to appeal to ******) to me as some social justice “actionable item”?

You tryna make it seem like I’m mad at him getting money when I just feel like it’s insulting to try and spin it on some woke **** when he’s just getting a bag.

Him getting a bag is cool. Him tryna make getting a bag seem like some social justice **** is lame.

Back
Top Bottom