Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Man lol I wish it was Kanye who did this just to see the reactions
You do acknowledge that two completely different people doing the exact same thing could garner completely different reactions based on that person’s track record, right.

Logic, though. I know.:lol:

At the end of the day though, think about the time we all take focusing on this issue and whether or not it’s actually worth it.

It’s not worth it. Mad at myself for even reading that dang article.

F it though. New SEX dropping tonight. :smokin

Masses ain't gonna do that, they gonna literally just ignore anything positive that happens from this deal & continue to go with whatever matches their agenda. People consistently treat BLACK celebs like it's a either or option.

You either gotta be ready to be a Martyr on some Malcolm X **** or your a an uncle tom shucking & Jiving. Point blank Jay has done some **** that has negatively effected our culture, he has also done a lot of great **** to positively impact our culture. People seem to want this story book super hero & the world just don't work like that. You want true independence you need a very strong foundation & jay is building that foundation one step at a time.

Make money or become famous and you become a black leader.

I've heard Rihanna attacked for supporting Rocky, because of his comments.

And people wonder why celebs say nothing publicly. You literally can't win.

This ***** is Literally suiting up on an NFL team, helping them generate money, and risking his health while doing it.......... And is STILL balming Jay-Z :lol::lol:
Does it make it better that he plays for the only owner that openly dislikes trump and called protesting players patriotic? :lol:

I thought that one tweet posted was kind of funny where Reid basically stated I'm going to keep playing but I'll be a pain in their *** while I'm doing it. I respect his intentions but that was still funny

Some of y’all are definitely missing the overall point.

It shouldn’t matter whether or not Reid is actively playing in the NFL. Hell, if Kaep got a contract offer best believe he would be back in the league playing too.

Them playing doesn’t mitigate anything they stand for.

A month ago everyone was applauding Jay for reaching a billi. Now it's **** Jay Z for making a business move that stands to benefit the hip hop culture.

Like I said, people just talking but ain't saying ****. No end game. No real plan. Don't even know the details. Don't even bother research the stuff that has been made public.

Just "if you don't follow my thinking your canceled!".

Don't wanna knock Eric Reid because he was actually right there with Kaep but bruh you literally getting NFL checks. This is where _'s need to stop doing the gossiping and speaking on another mans deals.

It shouldn’t matter whether or not Reid is actively playing in the NFL. Hell, if Kaep got a contract offer best believe he would be back in the league playing too.

Ok, and at the same time Eric Reid can't knock Jay for doing a deal with the NFL when Eric Reid just signed a 3 year deal to continue playing in it.

Like I said, people just talking but ain't saying ****. No end game. No real plan. Don't even know the details. Don't even bother research the stuff that has been made public.

Just "if you don't follow my thinking your canceled!".

Don't wanna knock Eric Reid because he was actually right there with Kaep but bruh you literally getting NFL checks. This is where _'s need to stop doing the gossiping and speaking on another mans deals.

Ok, and at the same time Eric Reid can't knock Jay for doing a deal with the NFL when Eric Reid just signed a 3 year deal to continue playing in it.

These things are definitely not mutually exclusive

The problem people have with Jay Z is all after the fact. He looks like a hypocrite. Especially after vowing to never work with the NFL and calling other artists out for performing at the half time shows.

He looks hypocritical and shady in the light. But I guess if the check is right then it doesn’t matter.

Eric Reid can actively protest police brutality and the treatment of black and brown individuals. Show me where he said he would never play another snap in the league. If he said then I get your point.

it does, because some people keep making it about Kaep

Is it the issues or Kaep?

The league or society overall?

What is Reid protesting?

Because if Reid makes it about the NFL or Kaep he looks a bit hypocritical.

It's like If worked for Nike and complained about their work practices, but kept working for them. I'm just going to continue tweeting, but still collecting checks.

These things are definitely not mutually exclusive

The problem people have with Jay Z is all after the fact. He looks like a hypocrite. Especially after vowing to never work with the NFL and calling other artists out for performing at the half time shows.

He looks hypocritical and shady in the light. But I guess if the check is right then it doesn’t matter.

Eric Reid can actively protest police brutality and the treatment of black and brown individuals. Show me where he said he would never play another snap in the league. If he said then I get your point.

Yeah and those people are gullible and jumping the newest social media trend. That's my point.

Again... :lol:

Jay runs Roc Nation. Roc Nation has clients in the NFL. He's BEEN dealing with the NFL. Jay was giving Dez Bryant a kick in the *** telling him to get New Orleans to play for the Saints. People just played dumb about that or didn't bother to do any research. These people are just following wherever the "cancel" wind blows.

it does, because some people keep making it about Kaep

Is it the issues or Kaep?

The league or society overall?

What is Reid protesting?

Because if Reid makes it about the NFL or Kaep he looks a bit hypocritical.

It's like If worked for Nike and complained about their work practices, but kept working for them. I'm just going to continue tweeting, but still collecting checks.

What has happened to kaepernick being blackballed out of the league was the result of his initial protest of police brutality and injustice.

Jay z himself made it about kaepernick lol. He had lyrics saying he’d never work with the league because of how Kaep was treated.

Reid is upset with the league and some of its players because of what happened with the players coalition. Guys went behind their word and decided to settle with the owners without full clarity and understanding, for their own selfish gains.

To me, it’s like y’all are saying “Reid should leave the NFL if he doesn’t like it”. That’s my perspective, and if I’m wrong please tell me otherwise. No different than how conservatives have that same flawed rhetoric towards minorities and their treatment, “just leave if you don’t like it.”

I have no issue with Reid trying to uphold his teammates and the owners of the NFL to a standard that other professional sports leagues are currently at in terms of players speaking out about racial injustice and prejudice. (NBA, Premier League, FIFA.. etc)

Said it before and I’ll say it again. We should not be doing that to each other in mixed company. Especially through social media.

****** can't unify under one cause for anything & i've realized that over the past 5 years, so that's why i don't blame a Jay, or a Kanye, or whoever else for making moves that benefit their immediate circle & agendas first. they want dudes to put their livelihoods on the line for people who will try to eliminate your whole existence the second you make a move they don't like.

Cats need to find like minded circles that move in unison and just focus on their goals. trying to convince everyone and answer for every subset of black people does nothing but knock you off your path.

Back
Top Bottom