Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

_’s talking like Kaep nem just cashed the **** out on some Tracy Morgan ****

After 2+ years him and Eric together got less than 10m my _, meaning each team likely only had to pay about 300k each, obviously a drop in the ****ing bucket for them. A big chunk of that 10m is going to legal fees as we already know

So at the end of the day he coming home with less than he likely would’ve made in 1 season (let alone 2), still ain’t got a job and likely never will in the NFL again. Not exactly a huge win bruh

Collusion cases are damn near impossible cause the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders and it’s difficult to come up with hard proof without written ****. So he was likely strongly advised by his counsel to take the settlement considering the circumstances

People bringing up the NDA sound dumb as hell too. You not settling out with a huge *** company like the NFL without a NDA being part of the conversation

As far as HOV, I love bruh as much as the next man but we gotta call a spade a spade

Some things, wasn't the purpose of the lawsuit to find out if there was a conspiracy to blackball players?

Them settling before it even went to court and then the NDA allowed the NFL not to admit or disclose anything, and continue business as usual.

So what was the purpose of the lawsuit? To change things, get Kaep a job or win?

Nobody knows the full details of Kaeps settlement. That's the point of a non-disclosure. Just going by what the rumors are. I'm still waiting for people to say what their realistic goal is with all this ****? What's the outcome ya'll wanted? Cuz people just be talking but not really saying anything.

Like I said Roc Nation has been managing NFL players this whole time. That's why I didn't react when Jay turned down doing the superbowl. People was giving him props, I was just like whatever. Why are _'s just now like "OMG Hov how can you work with them". The internet really forces people to jump on trends, even when it's late news.

This is my thing there is no real solution coming from this, the point of a boycott is to create change. The NFL's stance hasn't budged, there still making billions upon billions, they still have insane viewership, still have unlimited sponsors.

Police brutality has probably increased since Kap started kneeling, i'm honestly fishing for what people get out of this protest outside of another symbol of "hope". I'm sick of that ****, i want real solutions and not just a symbol of change... that isn't changing anything.

Has nothing to do with Stanning jay at all, Jay has clear ****ups in the past The BK Nets fiasco, working with Weinstein on those docs, etc etc.. but i ain't treating that ***** like no deity or as if he can do no wrong.

I'm keeping it 100, and the fact of the matter is people are criticizing jay for the same thing they celebrate other people for :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion on Kaep settling, but this notion that people need to discuss things with Kaep?

Kaep didn't discuss anything with anyone when he settled.

If he really wanted to change the NFL and find out what happen, he could have gone to trial win or lose, and have everything public.

He didn't do that.

This is my thing there is no real solution coming from this, the point of a boycott is to create change. The NFL's stance hasn't budged, there still making billions upon billions, they still have insane viewership, still have unlimited sponsors.

Police brutality has probably increased since Kap started kneeling, i'm honestly fishing for what people get out of this protest outside of another symbol of "hope". I'm sick of that ****, i want real solutions and not just a symbol of change... that isn't changing anything.

His whole point was too bring awareness and didn't feel America practices what it preaches.

Because he's been so quiet after being blackballed people took his stance and twisted it into what they want it to be. He never told people to boycott the NFL or never do business with the NFL. He was tryna get back into the league this whole time. He still has friends in the league that supports him and salutes them for still doing it.

9975748b5d5a5506b6454b954328315f_md.jpg

Eric Reed just signed a 3 year deal to continue playing after being blackballed.

These _'s ain't bout to just give up the game they been playing their whole lives.

People be having these standards that they want guys like Jay-Z to uphold, but don’t even hold their friends, family, or neighbors to these same high standards.

Be calling Jay-Z a sellout, meanwhile their best friends or cohorts be tap dancing.

I like when Jay-Z riles people up.

Again, majority of us, use products begotten by systemic racism and slavery. We need to create our own products. Period.

edit: I can’t even speak no more on this **** :lol:

Jay stans only gonna see it one way, y’all got it

Anybody that don't agree with your view is a stan? C'mon now. :lol:

Everything said in here is logical. Social media took Kaep's stance and twisted it. Folks didn't even know the details of what he was doing. Mainly because he was quiet so they put their own view to it. Had folks that don't even like football talkin bout "yeah let's end the NFL!".

Who's to say that he's not really going into this looking to benefit for himself, but also leverage that power to try to start changing the culture at the NFL.

I don't see it, and I'm still not going to watch the NFL, but his track record tells me there's a longer play here than collecting a bag and sitting on his hands.

But ultimately, who ******* cares? We spend hours upon hours debating **** that really doesn't matter. People get riled up over Jay Z's business decisions with .1% of the story and facts. I'm still not watching that ****, I don't see anything changing over there, and I couldn't care less.

Why do we all collectively care so much about whatever 'Topic of the Day' that the algorithm feeds us?

Who's to say that he's not really going into this looking to benefit for himself, but also leverage that power to try to start changing the culture at the NFL.

No one’s to say. Only he can speak on that. The public can either believe he’s moving for himself, or if he’s trying to change things for the hip hop culture.

I don't see it, and I'm still not going to watch the NFL, but his track record tells me there's a longer play here than collecting a bag and sitting on his hands.

This is my sentiment. Hov hasn’t done anything in the vein of being on some Uncle Tom, **** **** that makes me look at him in that light.

And you’re right. In the end, nobody cares (shout out to a Bronx Tale). Cats are fake outraged today. If actionable changes are proven to have been made, the masses are going to have convenient amnesia about the slander they gave him, and end up talking that “Jay had a bigger picture in mind” or “Jay been told y’all he’s a business, man.”

Former cocaine kingpin who helped found label Death Row Records is set to be released from prison

Former cocaine kingpin Michael 'Harry O' Harris, who helped found Death Row Records, the label behind music legends Dr Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, is set to be released from prison after 31 years behind bars, DailyMailTV can reveal.

The former drug king helped run a multi-million dollar rap music empire from his cell after founding the parent company for Death Row Records with a $1.5 million investment.

Alongside his dealings with the cartels, Harris ran a string of successful legitimate businesses, including a theater company that gave actor Denzel Washington his first break.

Harris was convicted of attempted murder and kidnapping in 1988 but has since reinvented himself as an activist while inside, campaigning for prison reform.

The 57-year-old is currently being held at a Federal Correctional Facility in Lompoc, California but is expected to be released in mid August before being transferred to a half-way house in San Antonio, Texas - the city where his daughter Mykel

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/breaking-harry-o-to-be-released-this-month-after-31-years.726838/

:smh:

They said this n**** been workin on this deal behind closed doors for over a f’n year...

S*** disappointin.

That n**** gotta cut his f’n hair after this s*** man.

Hope im just too short sighted to see the play.

It's just funny to see this what you complaining about yet you post a scamming activist who's white but trying to pass as a black man :lol:

The only thing I’m going to say about the Jay situation is, what’s the easiest way to change a company if protesting doesn’t work? Keep protesting and eventually the protesters will fizzle out or get on the inside of the company and make changes from within. You can’t really make changes in something so powerful unless you are part of that power. Some people are just short sighted and that’s why they gain no traction.

Gonna check the Thugger, Ferg, and The Neighbourhood.

I can’t pretend to be willing to listen to 36 QC tracks. Just gonna wait for people to suggest the standouts and give those a listen.

Same with the Swae Lee and Drake. If it’s dope, I’ll hear it eventually.

It's just crazy to me how we expect mor
Former cocaine kingpin who helped found label Death Row Records is set to be released from prison

Former cocaine kingpin Michael 'Harry O' Harris, who helped found Death Row Records, the label behind music legends Dr Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, is set to be released from prison after 31 years behind bars, DailyMailTV can reveal.

The former drug king helped run a multi-million dollar rap music empire from his cell after founding the parent company for Death Row Records with a $1.5 million investment.

Alongside his dealings with the cartels, Harris ran a string of successful legitimate businesses, including a theater company that gave actor Denzel Washington his first break.

Harris was convicted of attempted murder and kidnapping in 1988 but has since reinvented himself as an activist while inside, campaigning for prison reform.

The 57-year-old is currently being held at a Federal Correctional Facility in Lompoc, California but is expected to be released in mid August before being transferred to a half-way house in San Antonio, Texas - the city where his daughter Mykel

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/breaking-harry-o-to-be-released-this-month-after-31-years.726838/

Vlad TV interview coming soon

Back
Top Bottom