Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Em content wise has been unbearable for some time now, which is crazy considering he keeps trying to re-hash MMLP/Blonde Hair Stan etc, but the music that comes with it isn’t up to par

Son peaked at Eminem Show/8 Mile

Sounds like the same formula Trump used to become president. Combine that with actual talent - he'd be huge.

people put more energy into the things they hate than the things they love post-social media...specifically since the beginning of 2016 IMO

mumble rap
bhad bhabie
boonk
tyrese
trump
ball family
kardashians
Im sure yall can think of more

anything that pisses people off en masse is a recipe for success

Last edited:
people put more energy into the things they hate than the things they love post-social media...specifically since the beginning of 2016 IMO

mumble rap
bhad bhabie
boonk
tyrese
trump
Im sure yall can think of more

anything that pisses people off en masse is a recipe for success

Yup which is why Ak gets the attention he does, posting trash rappers as opposed to talented ones. He’s mastered that approach.

Not enough people care about quality music for it to be at the forefront of the mainstream. People feed into garbage all the time.

I always marveled at how he skated with that nonsensical excuse. And *****s were the MAIN ones going to bat for him too :lol::smh:

I don't remember anyone caring about that. I think it was more about he's one of the most talented and he's surrounded by nothing but black people and black legends.

Em woulda fared better doing a DOA style record to mumble rap over a Zaytoven beat or some ****.

He could win me back with this idea. Diss everyone and how awful rap is today. I'd buy the album day one if he went off on all these young homos.

The song is far from a flop man :lol:

It’s just not performing how we thought it would given it’s Em/Beyoncé. It’s not exactly a traditional type of lead single tho. I understand what they were going for but drums would’ve helped TREMENDOUSLY

That song with Rihanna was so huge, I don't think people realize how big it was. The numbers it did. I think after that his label was like this is what we're doing.
Joint has around 1.5 billion views, that's insane. Shame on Em for bowing to any label pressure at this stage of his career.

These old *****s gotta stop being so eager to connect with this new generation. Not everyone is worthy.

i think its a smart strategy. what else they gonna do? swizz gonna do an X or Cassidy album? or he gonna set himself up to have clientele for 15 more years?

it would be dope if hip hop producers had like 80 year careers as long as they kept adapting.

timbo on the same ****. although im not the biggest pump or purpp fans, its smart

he got a banger w thug too

These old *****s gotta stop being so eager to connect with this new generation. Not everyone is worthy.

I've noticed this too. Some of them seem so eager and it sounds like ****. Some sounds just don't work. Those Swizz and Timbaland joints are trash.

I don't think this kid is worthy, but that track sound hype as ****.

That Timbo track could be better though or maybe cuz it's not at high quality. Thugger is THE mumble rapper (I don't think by choice, I think ***** literally can't speak well) but he skates on a beat with his melodies.

I've noticed this too. Some of them seem so eager and it sounds like ****. Some sounds just don't work. Those Swizz and Timbaland joints are trash.

It would be fine if the stuff was natural, like songs Method Man and Dipset have done with Asap Mob, Styles P and Fabolous with Don Q, but some of these other tracks are just hokey and forced as hell, just screams desperation.

i think its a smart strategy. what else they gonna do? swizz gonna do an X or Cassidy album? or he gonna set himself up to have clientele for 15 more years?

it would be dope if hip hop producers had like 80 year careers as long as they kept adapting.

timbo on the same ****. although im not the biggest pump or purpp fans, its smart

Thug is different. I think Thug is very talented.

Swizz could find so many other young artists to extend his legacy, and he decides to do so with the guy with 69 tatted all over his body who just plead guilty to sexual misconduct with a 16 year old.

I might understand if he was somehow so musically inclined that all the other ******* doesn't really matter (i.e. Thugger). I don't see undeniable talent in this Tekashi guy, though.

That's dope

Scott storch is another who reinvented himself for the younger Generation. He's a real musician though so the transition is probably easy for him.

Storch is a bad example. He was out of music for years and cold as **** out here. He’s trying to work with anyone now because there’s no demand or legacy.

No CyHi today, ****

Nah Storch lowkey has been making heat since he came back.

He and Russ should keep that **** going. I can see them having a lot of nice/hit joints.

Storch is a bad example. He was out of music for years and cold as **** out here. He’s trying to work with anyone now because there’s no demand or legacy.

No CyHi today, ****

Scott storch and no legacy????

Scott storch been on a run these past three years, you just don't hear his name on the song anymore

:pimp:

I’m VERY familiar with Storch and his comeback but he’s still not making top 10 hits or anything. He’s making favorite album cuts on albums that aren’t moving crazy units.

I’m still a fan of Scott but he’s not near Swizz, Timbaland and Dre now

Back
Top Bottom