Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is how I feel about any artist doing the slightly auto tuned melodic rapping stuff. So many of these dudes can make words rhyme, but can’t actually rap nor have strong voices to sing, so they use slight auto tune to harmonize and distract from that. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if it was 2-3 guys, but it’s the go-to style for everyone interested in rap.

That's like a a whole nother genre now. MO3 and Yella Beezy are probably the only dudes I can listen to doing that.

NBA Youngboy, Lil Baby, Roddy Ricch, Lil Durk, YFN Lucci, Polo G, A Boogie, No Cap, Quando Rondo & Ryle Rodriguez are experts at this tho.

Last edited:
*****s just say any ****ing thing :lol: TM101, 103, Recession, Trap Or Die, Teflon Don, Trilla, Deeper than Rap, GFID, Rather You, Mastermind, Self Made 1-2...Rich ****ing Forever....All complete TRASH :lol:

Joe Budden and Charlemagne really ****ed **** up by playing the character of always having a spicy take :lol:
Nah at the time there were lots of ppl saying Jeezy couldn’t rap, he’s mentioned it on songs before.

Lots of ppl never got over the c.o thing with Ross.

His comments aren’t that wild if you followed these dudes career. Every popular artist has a subset of folk who don’t like em :lol: Those 2 were no different

This Ross and Jeezy slander need to cease man.

Some yall funny in here. Cats in NY always gotta be closed minded to another regions perspective like cats dont get older try to run to the south.

Get out of your state and visit other places to catch the vibe before you critique an environment city people on the music they produce.
You can make it a regional thing if you want to but whack is whack.

I ain't telling dudes they gotta come to Harlem to catch the vibe to mess with whack *** Jim Jones.

If you and yours like it okay that's you.

All of a sudden disagreeing on music needs to go through a whole process before it can be simply taken as a difference of opinion. Then you go assuming cuz a dude dont like the whack **** you like he aint never been to the south or traveled out of state.

**** outta here with that ********

Last edited:
This Ross and Jeezy slander need to cease man.

Some yall funny in here. Cats in NY always gotta be closed minded to another regions perspective like cats dont get older try to run to the south.

Get out of your state and visit other places to catch the vibe before you critique an environment city people on the music they produce.

Man shut your *** up. You sound like a fool.

You don't even know New York. Have you even been?

Maybe you could have said this 15 years ago.

Do you even know about the music New York produces now, and you're talking about being aware of other regions?

Jeezy got a lot of love in New York.

You can make it a regional thing if you want to but whack is whack.

I ain't telling dudes they gotta come to Harlem to catch the vibe to mess with whack *** Jim Jones.

If you and yours like it okay that's you.

All of a sudden disagreeing on music needs to go through a whole process before it can be simply taken as a difference of opinion. Then you go assuming cuz a dude dont like the whack **** you like he aint never been to the south or traveled out of state.

**** outta here with that bull****

regionality def matters

this hot or wack? if u say it's wack it's mmmmmmmillions others from a diff region sayin it's hot

Jeezy was the biggest artist in NYC when trap or die/TM 101 dropped. You would've sworn be was from Brooklyn or some ****.

By far the biggest reason why southern rappers knocked down that proverbial door when it came to getting play in NYC

Son is just chatting

Out of all the rappers he mentioned Jeezy and Ross :lol:
Sad but a lot of these dudes still run with that same tired bs like it's 1993.

I literally grew up on NYC rap AND southern rap. I had no choice but to grow up on both due to my age and the fact that I lived in Atlanta for a couple years when the **** really started to pop mainstream wise

MTV jams, bet, fuse, and of course the internet changed the game 100%

****** really out here STILL belly aching and creating false narratives over the source awards in 1995 because the south took a backseat due to East coast West coast ********

Get over it

You can't mention regional **** in New York when it comes to Gucci, TI, Jeezy and Ross

Because all of them got love because they talked that street ****.

Dudes hate New York over some **** Outkast said in the 90's, but don't even listen to or know 90's artist.

Back
Top Bottom