Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

BD899BB1-3839-4F30-B0C6-F63EFFB8AAAC.jpeg

Lowkey Tyler stoke his lil gay troll from based god. Him and rocky need to pay homage. #aboogiesoundlikedejlof

Who has debut 1993 or later that this doesn’t apply to
Rappers that can rap. Ones that make good songs and albums.

I don't even get how you can indirectly say there hasn't been any artists whose careers aren't solely based on their beats, ad libs, and personalities since 93.

Rappers that can rap. Ones that make good songs and albums.

I don't even get how you can indirectly say there hasn't been any artists whose careers aren't solely based on their beats, ad libs, and personalities since 93.

Ad libs are a more recent phenomenon going into the 2000’s

But how have beats and personality not shaped every rapper that has come out past the mid 90’s.

I guess dudes were more lyrical so that’s what’s separating it for you, but IMO you aren’t even getting listeners as a rapper if your image/personality don’t match the bars. Easier back then because no internet to expose you too.

Snoop ain’t Snoop without the G-Funk. Wu ain’t Wu without the Kung fu **** and weird *** RZA beats. Hov doesn’t elevate without the Neptunes/Timbo/Ye/Bink/Just beats.

Everything ur talking about was the same it just shifted to the South and the ad libs became a cheat code for the “banger” as southern rap tropes took over the whole game.

Nothing happened, he always made goofy music. People praised him for that so it seems like he giving them what they wanted. :lol:

Acid Rap he had an original style that have you bars, unpredictability and musicality.

Now you can predict a whole Chance song if you hear the first 10 seconds beat and see title...he went from making druggy weirdo lyrical rap that had a little conscious depth to it (Pusha Man, Paranoia, etc.) to just making flat out corny music that you kinda gotta be washed to relate to. You can’t go from being the drug dude to being married and happy and **** :lol: good for him but that’s not why we started liking you

***** makes Disney gospel now

Ad libs are a more recent phenomenon going into the 2000’s

But how have beats and personality not shaped every rapper that has come out past the mid 90’s.

I guess dudes were more lyrical so that’s what’s separating it for you, but IMO you aren’t even getting listeners as a rapper if your image/personality don’t match the bars. Easier back then because no internet to expose you too.

Snoop ain’t Snoop without the G-Funk. Wu ain’t Wu without the Kung fu **** and weird *** RZA beats. Hov doesn’t elevate without the Neptunes/Timbo/Ye/Bink/Just beats.

Everything ur talking about was the same it just shifted to the South and the ad libs became a cheat code for the “banger” as southern rap tropes took over the whole game.
I dont really think you understood my original statement.

I'm saying those two are literally just ad libs and good beats with a personality to sell.

They don't have actual talent.

All this other **** you talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm not talking about a notable sound associated with a rapper or group.

I'm literally saying they are whack *** rappers rapping on good beats and using a bunch of adlibs.

Last edited:
I dont really think you understood my original statement.

I'm saying those two tare literally just ad libs and good beats with a personality to sell.

They don't have actual talent.

All this other **** you talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm not talking about a notable sound associated with a rapper or group.

I'm literally saying they are whack *** rappers rapping on good beats and using a bunch of adlibs.

Jeezy maybe you can say personality and relatability got him to a certain point and he just knew how to maneuver beyond that.

But with a Ross verse and a blunt you have an IMAX movie :lol: you discrediting the **** out of his rapping skill because of **** outside of the music lol. Bruh descriptive asf. The beats he picks does take it over the top but you talking like Ross is Carti.

Bruh lowkey might be in my top 5-10 favorite rappers ever. IDK he just capture ambition, wealth, aspiration from a Southern perspective.

Jeezy maybe you can say personality and relatability got him to a certain point and he just knew how to maneuver beyond that.

But with a Ross verse and a blunt you have an IMAX movie :lol: you discrediting the **** out of his rapping skill because of **** outside of the music lol. Bruh descriptive asf. The beats he picks does take it over the top but you talking like Ross is Carti.

Bruh lowkey might be in my top 5-10 favorite rappers ever. IDK he just capture ambition, wealth, aspiration from a Southern perspective.
Ross aint Cardi but son aint good @ what he does.

Son spits **** that sounds good but it is so transparent. And nah I can not say this has anything to do with anything but the music. Every time I hear dude rap I want to turn it off.

I won't dispute your last point. I know nothing of that perspective. From a BK perspective Ross seems so forced.

This Ross and Jeezy slander need to cease man.

Some yall funny in here. Cats in NY always gotta be closed minded to another regions perspective like cats dont get older try to run to the south.

Get out of your state and visit other places to catch the vibe before you critique an environment city people on the music they produce.

Just say y’all don’t like him PERSONALLY. Please separate skill from his lifestyle outside of music.

I thought John Wall was gone be bust coming out of Kentucky. As a man, I couldn’t deny his TALENT. Bruh proved me wrong.

Y’all gotta chill man :lol: :rofl:

I heard Port of Miami and some of his second album. No interest in playing his music again.

BMF and that other song which was damn near the same song were hard but again, it’s about the beats. His lyrics ain’t doing nothing for me.

I also can’t listen to pathological liars that believe their own tales.

John Wall said he coming back and proving that he worth that contract. I was dying.

Soul, wordplay, introspection, beat selection. Just all around great.

“A fat ugly ***** thought I'd never be nothing
Another tree stump, happy with his free lunch
Duckin' pigeons, I'm an eagle on a sunny day
Flap my wings once a week, pray I glide safe
I want fried chicken at my funeral
Rolls Royces, dope boys, Sway interviews
Everybody dying for the same things
Cop kill a ***** don't nobody gangbang
I'm happy Donald Trump became the president
Because we gotta destroy, before we elevate
Real ****, look at me inside the white house
With a pocket full of weed inside the white house
Dead presidents tattooed on a ***** chest
U.S. treasury addressing me, mad at my address
Own the biggest residential pool is the US
Drake and Kanye can invite every ***** they ever met
Finger ****in' bishes in the holy water
Then I go an tell what happened to my only daughter
So her daddy told it to her firsthand
Never perfect but its not just bout them purses”​

“We in the last days, these racist agendas
Blatant double standards because I'm a *****
Blatant double standards because I'm a *****
Jesse Jackson on them people payroll (**** him)
When you black, lips chapped 'cause the game cold
I'm givin' ****** jobs when I sing songs (let's go)
White man love me when I get my bling on (*****)
But you hate me buyin' real estate in foreign land (what)
Respect my genius, all my people Portishead (what)
Room full of cloaks and they countin' votes
Million man march and I'm takin' notes (huh)
Made it to the top, you thought they saw a ghost (yeah)
Facin' tax evasion, ****** sell they soul
So sellin' dope was the path we chose”

Back
Top Bottom