Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ehh years ago I'd be down to debate what's "lyrical" and what's not. I refuse to waste that energy now :lol:

All these guys like Hov, Fab, Kiss, Nas were all on Wayne's albums, maybe it was all for charity >D

That really doesn't mean much.

It's a look. The south was a market they also needed entry too.
He was a big name rapper

and I wouldn't say he was wack, so he would have the respect of his peers. Just like a Ross, Jeezy or TI would.

It's just that GOAT and Lil Wayne shouldn't be in the same sentence. He's Eddie George.

That really doesn't mean much.

It's a look. The south was a market they also needed entry too.
He was a big name rapper

and I wouldn't say he was wack, so he would have the respect of his peers. Just like a Ross, Jeezy or TI would.

It's just that GOAT and Lil Wayne shouldn't be in the same sentence. He's Eddie George.
Maybe, maybe not. GOAT is a never ending debate, just like sports. It can't be proven. I like debating but I just can't get mad about this stuff like I used to when I was younger. I been rockin' with Wayne since I was about 8. Guerrilla Warfare was the first album I bought with my own money back in '99, so I know that I can be bias, just like many on this forum. When people say that all Wayne rapped about was sex and drugs it let's me know that they only listened to some singles and his mainstream stuff. He wasn't the "deepest" rapper but Wayne has plenty of other music that I'm sure even his "hardcore" fans never heard.

Maybe, maybe not. GOAT is a never ending debate, just like sports. It can't be proven. I like debating but I just can't get mad about this stuff like I used to when I was younger. I been rockin' with Wayne since I was about 8. Guerrilla Warfare was the first album I bought with my own money back in '99, so I know that I can be bias, just like many on this forum. When people say that all Wayne rapped about was sex and drugs it let's me know that they only listened to some singles and his mainstream stuff. He wasn't the "deepest" rapper but Wayne has plenty of other music that I'm sure even his "hardcore" fans never heard.

Unfortunately I bought Tha Block Is Hot, Lights Out and 500 Degreez. Best songs on the first two albums had features. Wayne got murked on the two Hot Boys albums and he was never as good as BG or Juve

The problem is people can’t separate preference from skills.

I don’t care if people prefer Wayne’s music to Fab or Kiss or Juvie but to say he’s better, **** no. He’s not skilled. Nothing technical, complex or cohesive about his music

Unfortunately I bought Tha Block Is Hot, Lights Out and 500 Degreez. Best songs on the first two albums had features. Wayne got murked on the two Hot Boys albums and he was never as good as BG or Juve
What do you think the best songs on the first two albums were? For me, **** Tha World (Tha Block Is Hot) and Hit U Up (Lights Out). It's kinda hard to really judge them off the early albums because they were all featured on each other's album. I think Juve even said they would just record and then Baby would determine what songs would go on what album. I think they even wrote for each other at times too. I disagree with him getting murked on the HB albums too, especially Guerrilla Warfare. Get It How U Live!! he was like 15 years old :lol:

*****s who got locs in DC between ‘04-‘07 got it because of Wayne. *****s was on Iverson braids with shells before then. You not from the city. Stop it.

Them gogo _'s been getting dreads, that's where it came from. Gogo is the dominant culture in DC. They don't d ride rappers like that. You not familiar with DC culture giving Wayne credit for dreads. :lol: Y'all stans give him credit for everything.

What do you think the best songs on the first two albums were? For me, **** Tha World (Tha Block Is Hot) and Hit U Up (Lights Out). It's kinda hard to really judge them off the early albums because they were all featured on each other's album. I think Juve even said they would just record and then Baby would determine what songs would go on what album. I think they even wrote for each other at times too. I disagree with him getting murked on the HB albums too, especially Guerrilla Warfare. Get It How U Live!! he was like 15 years old :lol:

Hit U Up is fire, still play that ****.

Respect Us or Loud Pipes for his first album.

I honestly didn’t like Wayne’s albums. I thought he had the worst albums out of them all back then. His verses were the worst, I liked Turk more.

Guerilla Warfare has You Dig and Help, both solo joints without Wayne and that album a classic

Hit U Up is fire, still play that ****.

Respect Us or Loud Pipes for his first album.

I honestly didn’t like Wayne’s albums. I thought he had the worst albums out of them all back then. His verses were the worst, I liked Turk more.

Guerilla Warfare has You Dig and Help, both solo joints without Wayne and that album a classic
Damn bro, Turk?!?! I ain't never heard anybody say they thought Turk was better than ANY of the Hot Boys :rofl: I can respect it though.
Loud Pipes was my **** :smokin
I thought all of there solo joints (minus Turk :lol:) on Guerrilla Warfare went hard. Help was the best though.

What are Wayne's hands down classics? We know his hardcore fans will push Carter 1-3 are. That's the "lyrical peak". :lol:
I'd say Carter 2 and maybe Carter 1, that's it. Carter 3, while a good album, was a disappointment to me. I always thought the "leaked" C3 was way better than what we actually got. C3 also had too many features. I feel like that was suppose to be his album that didn't have any features. An exception could have been made for the Jay feature. That said, I don't know too many rappers that I would say has more than "1" actual classic album.

Damn bro, Turk?!?! I ain't never heard anybody say they thought Turk was better than ANY of the Hot Boys :rofl: I can respect it though.
Loud Pipes was my **** :smokin
I thought all of there solo joints (minus Turk :lol:) on Guerrilla Warfare went hard. Help was the best though.

Turk was ALWAYS better than Wayne during that 97-2001 era, IMO. And they were only 1 year apart in age. Turk seemed wayyyyy more mature. For me it was BG, 2)a Juve 2)b Turk, and Wayne was always 4th.

Turk and BG just couldn’t stay out of their own way. So, them being unstable was a blessing in disguise for Wayne.

Wayne is the HARDEST working rapper along with 2pac, IMO. He lived to make music and I respect that alone. He’s just maxed out right now. It’s that simple

What are Wayne's hands down classics? We know his hardcore fans will push Carter 1-3 are. That's the "lyrical peak". :lol:

Definition of a classic is a body of work that you play forever. No matter the year, or your present age. Funny, most these dudes don’t revisit any of these classic albums or songs by their “GOAT” artists.

Ol’ “I ain’t heard that song in forever” face a*** dudes :lol:

I'd say Carter 2 and maybe Carter 1, that's it. Carter 3, while a good album, was a disappointment to me. I always thought the "leaked" C3 was way better than what we actually got. C3 also had too many features. I feel like that was suppose to be his album that didn't have any features. An exception could have been made for the Jay feature. That said, I don't know too many rappers that I would say has more than "1" actual classic album.

The rappers his super fans try to group him with got classics. Jay, Nas, Pac, Ice Cube, Scarface etc. Even Kanye got classics.

more like carter 1 and maybe carter 2...
Idk man, C2 has sentimental value for me. I was living in Hinesville, GA while my pops was deployed. There was no store in that city that sold the explicit versions of CDs. My mom drove all the way to another city and got it for me for Christmas, still one of my favorite Christmas gifts til this day. I know this has nothing to do with the quality of C1 vs C2 but oh well :lol:

One thing about C1 and C2 that I wished would have continued with C3 was the "interlude" tracks like Fly In, Fly Out, Walk In, Walk Out etc. that legit made me even more disappointed in C3.

Back
Top Bottom