Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The fact that you know these songs. I think I only know one person IRL who even heard Let Em Burn :lol:

"Them"? Not "we" or "us"? Just proved you not from the city and don't know what you talking about :rofl:

Take your knowledge to back to Manassas or Annapolis.

Don't deflect now. I don't **** with gogo like that so yeah "them".

You d riding Wayne saying he started dreads in DC is still wrong. :lol:

Since the 90's DC been heavy on dreads. You one of them lil dudes that probably got into hip in 07 so you give wayne credit for any and everything.

First off, I'll be straight and admit I have NOT listened to all of these guys complete discographies and I know I'm gonna get flamed because I didn't really rock with Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt.

That said, I've heard every Jay album minus 4:44 and thought Black Album was classic, maybe Blueprint too. I'd have to go back and listen again. I like Nas but haven't heard any classics from him. I know Illmatic is highly guarded but the style of music production didn't work for me. It has that old school NY vibe to it and while I'm not trying to throw shots, I can honestly say that an entire album of that doesn't work for me.

Nothing bad to say about Face or Pac :smokin

Either way they got classic(s). :lol:

With Wayne he has no hands down classics. It's "maybe this album" "probably..." You shouldn't have to think if somebody got classics.

Last edited:

With Wayne he has no hands down classics. It's "maybe this album" "probably..." You shouldn't have to think if somebody got classics.
I don't have to think, I said C2 is a classic. I like C2 more than C1 so I'm not sure if I'd call it a classic. I also understand that that's my opinion just like all those other rappers having classics is your opinion. None of this **** is factual :lol:

If you were gonna teach a history of hip hop, in order to explain a lot of the current popular scene, you would have to start eith a Wayne introduction at least.

So yeah, his best work, C2, is required listening.

But honestly, it may be better to use all of the mixtapes Wayne was dropping to explain these new rappers. Shot out to Squad 6.

I don't have to think, I said C2 is a classic. I like C2 more than C1 so I'm not sure if I'd call it a classic. I also understand that that's my opinion just like all those other rappers having classics is your opinion. None of this **** is factual :lol:

Personal classics yeah that's one person's opinion. Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, Me Against The World, The Fix those are universally classics within hip hop. Don't know if Wayne has that.

Don't deflect now. I don't **** with gogo like that so yeah "them".

You d riding Wayne saying he started dreads in DC is still wrong. :lol:

Since the 90's DC been heavy on dreads. You one of them lil dudes that probably got into hip in 07 so you give wayne credit for any and everything.

You still not confirming from you from the city so keep the kufi talk to yourself.

If you were gonna teach a history of hip hop, in order to explain a lot of the current popular scene, you would have to start eith a Wayne introduction at least.

So yeah, his best work, C2, is required listening.

But honestly, it may be better to use all of the mixtapes Wayne was dropping to explain these new rappers. Shot out to Squad 6.

I mean, duh...... a bunch of 16-26 year olds definitely would have Wayne at the top. It’s like asking current hoopers or young dudes “who’s your favorite basketball player” most will say LeBron.....

He’s been a household name for about 15-20 years.....

But that doesn’t mean forget the other decades of the genre. Because if you did class with 40+ year olds about hip hop or music, the musicians they mention would be completely different. That’s common sense.

idk how important that process is today, hopefully he is not going with the same exactly program

:smh: The Snake gotta chill.

Beyoncé out here looking like a glazed honey bun w ******* he can’t afford to be caught slipping like this...

Global hustling and scamming is back.

Can't wait!

Most likely singing coming off that The 4 thing he tried but I wish he'd go back to find a rap group.

I can’t wait for Puff to keep it real with one of these mumbling chanting *** rappers or singers.

If he does this right this could start some well needed convos on the TL. This just what Puff needs really. bet this gonna be way bigger than he expects.

Back
Top Bottom