Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:lol:

I remember telling dudes in here that TIP was more popular and selling more records than him at one point and _'s was bout to have a stroke. A lot of his fans got into hip hop around 06 and 07 when Wayne really started to become a superstar so they think dude was always this "best rapper alive, selling the most". He's their Jay, their Pac and it's sad. :lol: :smh:

More projecting. Like I said...your backlash against Wayne comes from his perception from his “new fans” and his mainstream popularity when he blew up.

If you look at who he was as a rapper pre then...you wouldn’t be downgrading him.

As a kid I tried so hard to listen to KRS. I just couldn’t do it. I think you had to be in that moment in history to feel the hype and rivalry.
Makes me wonder if kids feel the same for Pac & Big.

Speak up dusty asses
Don’t start using that word in here again. Going to be about 15 pages worth of hurt posts from the #GateKeepers again referencing that word in their posts...

Who am I kidding. Bring the ruckus.
92719D83-8B40-4506-9FAF-5B7F4F511345.gif

Here for the Wayne slander :nerd:

Dude def had some bangers dont even gonna lie. But I always thought it was just me that was like, MEH. . .
Carter 1 is fire, after that his hits are sporadic, TO ME.

What exactly was the catalyst for waynes downfall?

Yeah he got older and cooled off a bit, which happens to everyone, but it seems like NO ONE gives af bout dude anymore. Like, this ***** offspring runnin rap right now. ????

Call me crazy but im still convinced if he released an album with some sorta substance, people would start to connect with him more.

He aint done **** but rhyme empty *** words the past 10 plus years. Nobody knos **** about about em.

Havent been a FAN of waynes for awhile now but i am rootin for dude.

Y'all wildin lol. The younger generation definitely still respect him.

Young Thug views all the new rappers as phases on a spectrum of 06-09 Wayne. :lol:
He should drop that Funeral album (hopefully it's got some fire) and retire gracefully. Focus on raising his kids. Nothing left for him to prove.

If Wayne can keep his business right he's gonna fall right into that "Uncle Snoop" lane where he can just do his character from his prime forever bc that's really him. Might **** around and catch some good projects in his later years if he gets bored and starts experimenting w diff types of beats.

Wonder what type of beats gonna be on Funeral.

C1 or C2 wouldn’t even crack my top 100 rap albums.

I’d rather hear Kyjuan over Wayne

Why in the **** is this thread still talking about that average ****in junkie? His music has always been garbage.

Should we post some “lyrics” from his albums?

As a kid I tried so hard to listen to KRS. I just couldn’t do it. I think you had to be in that moment in history to feel the hype and rivalry.
Makes me wonder if kids feel the same for Pac & Big.

Not sure how you can't feel this, but I'm old and washed

There was a lot of irony in this though, because he was talking about old school versus new school.

Because old school rappers felt a way about the Rakim, Kane's and KRS's.

That got him caught up with Nelly. He was reaching for attention in a new era. It was like when artist dissed Hammer, because he was an easy target. But Nelly was more skilled than Hammer, so any response Nelly won.

Last edited:
You talkin bout some goofy _'s that looked up to him though. _'s in DC would laugh at you for getting dreads because of Lil Wayne. :lol:

He was never that good. Period. During the early 00's dudes was talking about Jay, Nas, Scarface, 3k, Beans, Kiss. Nobody was mentioning Wayne until 06 (ironically that was a low point in quality overall in hip hop).

You just don't know and rewriting history. Boosie, Jeezy, TIP was looked at as street rappers around that time not Wayne. He was super popular but nobody was cutting on Wayne for street music.
****** who got locs in DC between ‘04-‘07 got it because of Wayne. ****** was on Iverson braids with shells before then. You not from the city. Stop it.

Back
Top Bottom