Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

upload_2019-7-14_20-48-50.jpeg

Beyonce said **** the panties :smh:

Currently in my dad’s gigantic Lincoln til a part for my car comes in. I planned on loading up a bunch of my No Limit, Bad Boy, and Wreckshop Family cassettes since it’s only a tape player in there, but since I can’t find any of them, I’m rollin with these
990AC976-7AA7-44A3-9EFA-B78E81BF22AB.jpeg
3E11FB04-6A2A-42B6-B2A0-6793963122AB.jpeg

Last edited:
**** all that **** y'all ****** talking about for a second...

"Water in my jewels, put 'em on and baptize ****
Walk in my shoes, we got Shaq-sized soles (Huh)
We flatline those wack rap ****** wearin' half-sized clothes
What's the dealy? I'm only 'bout six hours from Philly
That's an hour on the plane, I'll make it three in the Bentley
My ***** keep sayin' I'm famous, but it ain't hit me
I'm too ghetto, mellowed out, this Hollywood **** tricky
See, before I knew an A&R, I was weighin' hard
Back when Nicki Minaj was in a trainin' bra
You play this game, you better play hard
The judge'll
give you life and later that day, he gon' be playin' golf ( |l)
I'm from that era, we don't pay it if you weighed it wrong
Back when your parents got your baby shoes plated bronze..."

bronze_baby_shoes-56a6fbce3df78cf7729146c5.jpg

"Yo, when we was hooked in the hood, gettin' booked like literature
Kept us shook, like when the boogieman comin' to get ya
We was crooks, tryna cop more rides than Great Adventure
Any image we took, not a father was in the picture
( :smh: )
There was times, not a bite nor swallow was in the kitchen

Real ****** made a industry out of they intuition..."

"I'm Jean-Paul Gaultier, Tom Ford, and Cartier
Self-made, I fly vintage from the sommelier
On reserve, flowin' from the blackest fountain
It's all love from public housin' to the Atlas Mountains
I've established the average to always bat a thousand
So after butcherin' this track, it's back to countin'
The money generated from me leavin' microphones broke
Probably almost on par with all of Escobar's coke

When I'm finished, I'ma keep a tennis shoe on y'all throat
Just in case you mention in a interview you want smoke *****..."

a06abeb8139c5265be96d9c8dbbd8229.400x280x52.gif

Wayne fell off when he started relying on the auto-tuned, alien voice for his random rhyming bars. Drug usage definitely slowed him down.

The folks who say Wayne never had substance didn’t start listening to Wayne until Lollipop, A Milli or something.

Wayne fell off when he started relying on the auto-tuned, alien voice for his random rhyming bars. Drug usage definitely slowed him down.

The folks who say Wayne never had substance didn’t start listening to Wayne until Lollipop, A Milli or something.

Exactly. He had the same content of the average rapper in the early to mid 00s.

When he was at his most popular was when his content suffered. And that’s what his detractors remember

Exactly. He had the same content of the average rapper in the early to mid 00s.

When he was at his most popular was when his content suffered. And that’s what his detractors remember

You basically just admitted he was southern Drag-On with a battery in his back

I been listening to Wayne since I bought the block is hot and dude never had much substance. The blind Wayne fans hang on to like 2-3 years when he was at his so called lyrical peak like he was Nas or Jay or Pac. If dude was ever THAT great he wouldn't have fell so hard. He was all showmenship, he feed y'all BS and made it sound good once he couldn't do that he got exposed.

You basically just admitted he was southern Drag-On with a battery in his back[/S]

I been listening to Wayne since I bought the block is hot and dude never had much substance. The blind Wayne fans hang on to like 2-3 years when he was at his so called lyrical peak like he was Nas or Jay or Pac. If dude was ever THAT great he wouldn't have fell so hard. He was all showmenship, he feed y'all BS and made it sound good once he couldn't do that he got exposed.

BS. If Wayne woulda died in 07...he’d be revered by y’all “classic” hip hop cats. He lived long enough and did enough bs to clown himself out.

Part of the backlash with Wayne is he had a 3rd career that started in 08....where the majority of his fans and his music is what the core hip hop fan base rejects...but mainstream, youth and white American love. He relished in it, they marketed and copied it heavy....and championed it. That brought resentment from the core hip hop fan base. That’s really what happened.

If you look at Wayne career in totality...you’d see a dynamic child star who had peaks and valleys. To dismiss his critical peak (02-07) and lump that in with his commercial peak (08-13) misreads him.

If you were around in the early to mid 00s...you know that Wayne was a street rapper who was mixtapes and albums were under the surface of mainstream...and he was heavily respected.

It’s one thing to not be fully into his music for whatever reason (some of it fair). But to act like he was some boilerplate, soulless rapper that tricked his fans is disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom