Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You *****s not about to convince us that Wayne wasn't the talk of your city

Among young fans who drank the best rapper alive moniker kool aid. He put out a lot of work, and was the most popular rapper. Just like Future now.

As someone who grew up on Kane/Lord Finesse/Big L Mr Basic bar was never a great rapper. He was just proof that it's not what you say it's how you say it. He had a good flow, which I won't take away from him.

It's why I say I can tell how old dudes are normally by who their favorite rappers are. It's normally the most prolific rapper of their pre teen and early teenage years.

Wayne fell off when he started relying on the auto-tuned, alien voice for his random rhyming bars. Drug usage definitely slowed him down.

The folks who say Wayne never had substance didn’t start listening to Wayne until Lollipop, A Milli or something.

Exactly. He had the same content of the average rapper in the early to mid 00s.

When he was at his most popular was when his content suffered. And that’s what his detractors remember

What's all this substance and content?

wayne production is also plaguing him. he needa chill on swizz and his usual go-to's.

and im convinced nothin will revive an out of touch hiphop vet like a full length project produced by ALC. lol

***** music needa a makeover.

C1 or C2 wouldn’t even crack my top 100 rap albums.

I’d rather hear Kyjuan over Wayne

Why in the **** is this thread still talking about that average ****in junkie? His music has always been garbage.

Should we post some “lyrics” from his albums?
Aye man different strokes for different folks. I think half of the **** posted in here is pure trash but I realize everybody got different taste in music. My brother was tryna hype up Moneybagg Yo and I swear I was just listening like "that's wassup", "damn, I gotta check him out" knowing damn well the few songs I heard I thought were trash :lol:

Aye man different strokes for different folks. I think half of the **** posted in here is pure trash but I realize everybody got different taste in music. My brother was tryna hype up Moneybagg Yo and I swear I was just listening like "that's wassup", "damn, I gotta check him out" knowing damn well the few songs I heard I thought were trash :lol:

Shots fired at wavycrocket wavycrocket :lol:

- Wayne is the father and influence to 90% of the garbage posted in here, that's not just a coincidence.

- I listen to average and below average rappers too. Three 6 Mafia probably my favorite group and C-Murder is one of my favorites. We all listen to something average, I would never tell anyone they're one of the goats or wild lyrical. When people talk about Wayne like he's lyrical or one of the goats, **** is straight offensive. He belongs in the same category as Three 6 Mafia and C-Murder, he would never be able to rap with Jay or Nas or Pun. He can't rap for ****.

Wayne above Fab and Kiss? Hahahahaha, yo I'm out. Like for real I'm gone. Y'all trying to get me banned saying some stupid **** like this.

- Wayne is the father and influence to 90% of the garbage posted in here, that's not just a coincidence.

- I listen to average and below average rappers too. Three 6 Mafia probably my favorite group and C-Murder is one of my favorites. We all listen to something average, I would never tell anyone they're one of the goats or wild lyrical. When people talk about Wayne like he's lyrical or one of the goats, **** is straight offensive. He belongs in the same category as Three 6 Mafia and C-Murder, he would never be able to rap with Jay or Nas or Pun. He can't rap for ****.

Wayne above Fab and Kiss? Hahahahaha, yo I'm out. Like for real I'm gone. Y'all trying to get me banned saying some stupid **** like this.
Those garbage artist will also say they like Nas and Jay. I guess we got to keep them out of the Top 20 convo.

I can see T.I. having more substance than Wayne but not Jeezy. Still listen to Trap Muzik and TM 101 on a regular.

I wouldn't say Fab and Kiss have deep content and substance though

I'd say TI and Jeezy had more substance than Wayne

I’m not talking about it being “deep” or whatever. Just pointing to the fact that Wayne had the same content as those guys at the time. Your standard rapper. He never really grew, but all them *****s were rapping about the same **** at the time.

Exactly. Wayne could actually give you cohesive verses. Nowadays he just picks bars from a pot and puts them on a song

Carter 1 is a top 5 southern album ever
Carter is a blassic as well
500 degreez > 400 degreez
Lights out was underrated but he was rapping on there too
Dedication 1 arguably the best mixtape ever
Weezy >>>>> anybody from his era from the south
Most influential
“I gave birth to your style I need a check for my labor”

Back
Top Bottom