Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

as a writer?
Yann Tiersen is also credited as a writer on Queens Get the Money and hes a French musician and composer.

So yeah guess he was credited under writer too.

and yes that(And statement) is denial. why would you give your "ghostwriter" a song? doesn't that defeat the purpose of having one?? lmao
I'm not squabbling over the semantics of ghostwriter and outright writer.

If its your stance that Drake has dudes who write his rhymes that he openly credits and nobody that secretly ghost writers, fine.

Yeah Puff super wild for that. I think he definitely loves her but let's not front cause someone no longer here.

Queens get the money
****** still screaming, paper chasing
Where presidential candidates is planning wars with other nations
Over steak with Masons
Pregnant teens give birth to intelligent gangsters
Their daddy's faceless
Play this by your stomach
Let my words massage it and rub it
I'll be his daddy if there's nobody there to love it
Tell him his name's Nasir
Tell him how he got here
Mama was just having fun with someone above her years
****** is still hating
Talking that Nas done fell off with rhyming
He'd rather floss with diamonds
They pray "please God let him spit that Uzi in the army linen
That shorty doo-wop rolling oo-wop in the park reclining"
Take 27 emcee's put them in a line and they're out of alignment
My assignment since he said retirement
Hiding behind 8 Mile and The Chronic
Gets rich but dies rhyming
This is hot science
Now add 23 more from Queens to B-more
I've over their heads
Like a bulimic on a seesaw
Now that's 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time
Nasty Nasdaq
Y'all going to bow holmes, it's Dow Jones
.80 cal chrome
Needed time alone to zone
The mack left his iPhone and his 9 at home
My queen used the milkshake to bring y'all to my slaughter houses
I do this for the group home kids in boarding houses
This is that ***** **** that's on the album
For the ****** inside the chalk line in 40 houses
Bring back Arsenio
Hip-hop was aborted
So Nas breathes life, back into the embryo
Let us make man in our image
Spit it, I'm Huey P in Louis V at the Eulogy throwing Molotovs for Emmett
You ain't as hot as I is
All of these false prophets is not messiahs
You don't know how high the sky is
The square mileage of Earth, or what pi is
I'm the shaky hand that touched George Foreman in Zaire
The same hand that punched down devils that brought down the towers

dead on a jay e verse. ESP. the end :lol: great verse regardless

@ 2 min between all the stuttering and stammering and hesitating and again after he said we collaborated :lol:

But he didnt want to get in to details though.

Yeah...I know its semantics at this point but honestly he didn't admit anything. He just says he doesn't want to get into details and that they collaborated. Even when Vlad tries to trick him into indirectly answering ("So did you just reference things and then he repeats?") he answers there was different processes for different songs.

here is a direct quote though:

"Winter 2014… I was just another guy working a job he hated with a passion for music…. And somehow found myself on the phone with One of my idols.. i told him i worked in a bakery and his exact words were “**** that, your destined for greatness"… Hearing that from someone that I’ve been studying since 2009, bar for bar…. Theres no way to describe that.. Most of the project was done before i came in the picture.. i remember him playing it for me for the first time thinking "Why am I here?” like.. what does he need me for?? The answer is.. Nothing… I watched this man piece together words in front of me… I watched him write/ replace bars 2- 3 at a time on 6pm in NY.. I witnessed him light up, go in and freestyle madonna…. I took notes from the best in the game…. I remember him Showing me the thank you notes in NY before the album dropped.. Showing me the QM, telling me they put me on the credits (Ghostwritter???) … He attached my name to something that touched the world.. When nobody would pay attention, drake saw something in me and reached out… Of all people… drizzy.. Two artist in exact opposite spaces in their career.. We came together and made something special.. I am not and never will be a “ghostwriter” for drake.. Im proud to say that we’ve collaborated .. but i could never take credit for anything other than the few songs we worked on together .. Thats all i have to say on it.. back to this 1317 ****… - Q.M."

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/07/quentin-miller-says-hes-not-drake-ghostwriter/

Can we stop wasting space arguing QM writing for Aubrey? Idc what interviews we watching or articles we reading we heard the references man. What’s the point? It’s a fact. Y’all wanna argue Kia shine or those nerdy white dudes/ex fat losers that’s something else

If lakers ride for his homies like he do for drake he a real 1. U gotta love a ***** that’s gone ride with u even if u right or wrong. Waves on the other hand gone let ur *** get stomped out at the club then when y’all get back to the car have a bs *** excuse :rofl::smh:

“I had early training”

You always say Chainz wrote that verse. :lol:

The amount of talent to write a nice verse for himself and Drake on the SAME track :smokin

@Lakers really the only Drake fan that still puts up a fight after Addidon, rest of 'em bounced. :smh: :lol:

Dudes straight up vanished and used the Drake thread as a safe haven :lol:

you mean the dude that commented right? I was thinking the same...what a lame comment. People are too bold over the internet

Yeah the commenter. Doesn’t matter what kind of title they had, that man loved her. To reduce that on some “you didn’t marry her while she was alive” type **** is just weird. The fact that it was a man who actually formulated that thought and put it into the universe is also wild to me. That’s some straight bird-like behavior. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom