Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

There was MUCH, MUCH more balance in music. Even in 2009. Stuff starting going downhill when everyone pretty much started copying each other.

I was legit a Drake fan up until like 2013 then I just grew displeased with the guy. And, it wasn’t even cause he saturated the market or dropped so much music. The entire hip hop genre started losing balance.

The trap melody era has had a good run but it’s also forced us to appreciate artist that can still rhyme words together really well.

The top 3 guys right now (Cole, Kendrick, Drizzy) all rap really well without the trap melodic sound and they are considered the guys that run it this generation.

I liked 3-5 songs off So Far Gone back then when it came out. I didn't see what everyone else saw in that album. I havent played it since.

If I ranked his catalogue, Take Care and Nothing Was the Same or whatever it's called would be 1 and 2. I wouldn't rank the rest cause they're all trash.

Savage Life a classic, that **** still hard as nails.

What that suppose to mean? The lil white chic Bhad Babie got offered a deal with NO songs.

You just assuming record labels are perfect at judging talent??? Plenty artist have “deals” the heck that suppose to mean? “He got offered 3 mill” big whoop!

And where did I mention anything about lyrics????
:lol: :rofl:

He’s a phony NBA youngboy wannabe. It’s clear as day.

I didn’t even mention lyrics. :rofl:.

I’m a fan of guys like NBA and Kodak, and this young dude ain’t nowhere near as talented. He just howling on songs

All I had to was look at the screenshot to see he's a NBA copy. That's how it is with a lot of these new _'s. Just look at the screenshot and skip right over them.

One of the hardest verses of the 2000s

5F169D1D-8FCF-4BB7-8318-A4AF47EDBD23.jpeg

Ranking Drakes catalog:

Nothing Was the Same
More Life
Take Care
IYRTITL
SFG

Views, TML, Scorpion, all towards the bottom, don’t care to rank them

Ranking Drakes catalog:

Nothing Was the Same
More Life
Take Care
IYRTITL
SFG

Views, TML, Scorpion, all towards the bottom, don’t care to rank them

I’m swapping out SFG with scorpion. Also might not agree with rankings.

Where you ranking SFG in Drakes catalog?

Most people favor first projects (or the first project they’ve heard) from an artist and I don’t even think SFG is top 3 for Drake.

I don’t really rank Drake albums to be honest. I haven’t listened to all of them. To this day I never listened to Take Care in its entirety and I’ve never heard any of Nothing was the Same outside of what made it to the radio. :lol: -ye shrug

I’m really not son’s biggest fan, but So Far gone still as solid to me today as it was back in 2009. It could be nostalgia for me, because that Spring semester in college was a dope period of my life, but I think the music would still hold up without those memories.

IYRTITL is probably my favorite Drake joint next to SFG.

One of the hardest verses of the 2000s

5F169D1D-8FCF-4BB7-8318-A4AF47EDBD23.jpeg

“You ever had a hot gun on your waist and blood and your shoe
Cuz a ***** went and said some wrong **** to you?”

“I write my life, you write what you see in gangsta movies
I'm gangsta to the core, ***** you can't move me”

I know I keep saying it, but fam... 50 was NICE. :smokin :lol:

So Far Gone sounds buns in 2019

If you're a dweeb or a broad, So Far Gone is made for you

I went back and listened it on Saturday after Joe was talking about it, to see what I missed. I liked it better back then, and I thought it was mediocre then.

I find all of Drake's projects hyped up, in order to try and give him a classic. It's classic because it helped introduce Drake to the masses, change rap music and he's a star, but it's not the music on his projects.

As a former dweeb, I take offense to this post and commit to do nothing about it

:lol:

Uptown and Best I Ever Had were the only two songs I liked on So Far Gone.

I liked Successful also

Back
Top Bottom