Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Where did Big Sean go wrong?
Dude dropped a spectacular album with DSP, had a strong 2015.
He could've entered that Drake/Cole/Kenny tier if he followed up with another banger.
But he tried to create a "concept" album with I Decided (Sacrifices goes tho). **** was not good.
Then he fell in love and never recovered smh.

Dated a child, tried get her fanbase. Then started dating a girl that showers once a month and got real weird and it made his music trash. That 2088 **** was an embarrassment and then the other solo album was basically a Teen Nickelodeon album.

Yeah. Light skin yo with the banger on him was the classic case of being to eager and not “pacing yourself” :lol:.

***** falling asleep, in the whip, and getting ready had me rollin
Seen yo slipping as the night was going on, :lol: ...fell asleep on the set up and all that :smh:

Was rollin at when the other yo was talking bout he lucky they was sleep in the whip and ****** ain’t split up earlier that night ...that’s really how cats be when they in the group n on the hunt for some P after a certain time of the night :lol:

Dated a child, tried get her fanbase. Then started dating a girl that showers once a month and got real weird and it made his music trash. That 2088 **** was an embarrassment and then the other solo album was basically a Teen Nickelodeon album.

And Dej Loaf has more bass in her voice than him.

Jada hasn't been the same since he decided to grow his hair.

People still haven't told him his tetris hairline ain't the move. People cut their facial hair and hair in order to look younger, he grew hair, but has that little kid ****** up hairline.

Kiss used to get all the love in the world here, dude was just unable to translate his skill into great bodies of work. Styles P. got that LOX torch as soon as he went solo.

The Lox albums have been underwhelming.

Even with Bad Boy, out of Big, Mase, G Dep, Black Rob(not counting Loon). I thought they had the worse projects.

Slim Thug new album wasn't half bad.
August Alsina's album was pretty good as well. This year might hold up to last year when it comes to quality of music

Jada hasn't been the same since he decided to grow his hair.

People still haven't told him his tetris hairline ain't the move. People cut their facial hair and hair in order to look younger, he grew hair, but has that little kid ****ed up hairline.

The Lox albums have been underwhelming.

Even with Bad Boy, out of Big, Mase, G Dep, Black Rob(not counting Loon). I thought they had the worse projects.

Tripping “We Are The Streets” “Money, power, respect” all had bangers

Slim Thug new album wasn't half bad.
August Alsina's album was pretty good as well. This year might hold up to last year when it comes to quality of music

Surprised to hear that. I played August yesterday and thought it was real bad. I’ll play it again later but first spin I wasn’t impressed.

Money, Power & Respect and We Are the Streets got joints but I think they fell short of expectations. Neither are classic albums but got classic joints. Seems like most people’s favorite Lox album is Styles debut album.

Didn’t even realize August Alsina was still making music.

Dude seemed off to me sometimes, but I guess that was him dealing with his demons while being in the music industry.

Surprised to hear that. I played August yesterday and thought it was real bad. I’ll play it again later but first spin I wasn’t impressed.

I mean, I'm not gonna scream out the window his praises for this album but 2-4 good songs out of the 8 was better than I expected and are pretty enjoyable. Control with Ty Dolla $ign is my fav track but again, it's not jaw dropping. Just some good music

Where did Big Sean go wrong?
Dude dropped a spectacular album with DSP, had a strong 2015.
He could've entered that Drake/Cole/Kenny tier if he followed up with another banger.
But he tried to create a "concept" album with I Decided (Sacrifices goes tho). **** was not good.
Then he fell in love and never recovered smh.

Big Sean is a punchline _ in a era that don’t care for punchlines in that form :lol:

He really the last one with the early mid 2000s punchline ****. He can rap he just gotta find a new approach, twitter tore that last album apart but it’s like imagine a _ pulling up and telling you a bunch of “yo mama” jokes, **** just not gon hit the same in 2019

I Decided did have some corny *** bars but it seem like some of em was meant to be taken as tongue in cheek and _’s took them hella literal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom