Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

get Michael Rapaport out the paint
7ymFBMzl.png

Didn’t MR kinda finesse that tribe doc and end up with all the proceeds once it was all said and done?

Not that I know of, Q-Tip was pissed with how it turned out and didn't like the language in an email that was sent him and Rapport from a producer. Rapport didnt think too much of it and Q-tip told him to stay privileged

EDIT: Seems like Rapport wanted it to get made no matter what and didn't pay too much attention to the business end while Tip did which is why they eventually split. Although many have said Q-Tips main issue was how he was portrayed in the film

Not that I know of, Q-Tip was pissed with how it turned out and didn't like the language in an email that was sent him and Rapport from a producer. Rapport didnt think too much of it and Q-tip told him to stay privileged

EDIT: Seems like Rapport wanted it to get made no matter what and didn't pay too much attention to the business end while Tip did which is why they eventually split. Although many have said Q-Tips main issue was how he was portrayed in the film

Ahh I remember there was some tension around the time of release. I think Dame May have said something about it before too.

MR moves funny to me but I know he is heavily invested in the culture. The Tribe controversy seems Culture Vulturish but I don’t know all the ins and outs.

Ahh I remember there was some tension around the time of release. I think Dame May have said something about it before too.

MR moves funny to me but I know he is heavily invested in the culture. The Tribe controversy seems Culture Vulturish but I don’t know all the ins and outs.
I find Rapport annoying personally but I dont follow him enough to care about his moves or opinions (also feel that vulture **** is played out at this point) but the fact that Tip was the only complaining kind of cleared everything up for me. I thought the documentary was incredible and while Q-Tip does look bad in spots I dont think it was anything slanderous and just kind of confirmed what people kind of thought for years anyway in regards to him and Phife. They must of worked it out because he was promoting it when it came out and was their at Sundance when it premiered. I dont know any of these people so I could personally care less

Michael Rappaport became known for Zebrahead. He's been living off that and Higher Learning for 25 years. I'm not sure how he got invited into our culture.

He's a vulturing clown.

He borders between trying to be down and exposing himself.

Example, him coming out against Kaep when he was kneeling. A few months later he was lecturing people on what Kaep was doing.

Him getting publicly fired from Barstool Sports was funny as hell.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/18/why-michael-rapaport-was-fired-from-barstool/

That Doughboyz Cashout video in ATL had me dying man :rofl:

That’s how a group of the fellas be when ***** head outta town :lol:.

Thanks for the reminder to watch that. Great boys trip video.

I swear my mans aint get no *** for all that cappin he was doing in the vid.

The DBC/ BYLUG dudes look like they having a great time in their 20s. Even if they never go crazy big I'm sure they wouldn't trade these moments for nothing.

Always cool to see brothers just happy.

Thanks for the reminder to watch that. Great boys trip video.

I swear my mans aint get no *** for all that cappin he was doing in the vid.

The DBC/ BYLUG dudes look like they having a great time in their 20s. Even if they never go crazy big I'm sure they wouldn't trade these moments for nothing.

Always cool to see brothers just happy.

Yeah. Light skin yo with the banger on him was the classic case of being to eager and not “pacing yourself” :lol:.

***** falling asleep, in the whip, and getting ready had me rollin

He aint even want the action his boys lined up for him.

Homie got stupid fresh for no chicks, but I'm sure DBC has alot of love in ATL through Jeezy.

I thought they weren't on Jeezy label anymore its cool to see them so close.

Where did Big Sean go wrong?
Dude dropped a spectacular album with DSP, had a strong 2015.
He could've entered that Drake/Cole/Kenny tier if he followed up with another banger.
But he tried to create a "concept" album with I Decided (Sacrifices goes tho). **** was not good.
Then he fell in love and never recovered smh.

Back
Top Bottom