Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

huh.. what would banks have written for 50? 50 was never a miracle lyrical rapper he was a songwriter type writer. banks got crazy punchlines, 50 just has crazy reality bars that hit hard, not trying to be clever but just real ****. if you can provide an example i'm open to check it out.

if anything, i can see 50 writing hooks for lloyd banks.. "i'm so fly" banks' parts on the hook of "smile" . ive always suspected that 50 gave yayo the "Pimpin" hook... but i really don't know. suspicions arose from when my mind had a flashback and 50 said he wrote a bunch of joints on 'the documentary' and i came to conclude that he wrote a buncha hooks for Game on there (then came to the idea that he probably tried doing that for everyone on G-Unit)

huh.. what would banks have written for 50? 50 was never a miracle lyrical rapper he was a songwriter type writer. banks got crazy punchlines, 50 just has crazy reality bars that hit hard, not trying to be clever but just real ****. if you can provide an example i'm open to check it out.

if anything, i can see 50 writing hooks for lloyd banks.. "i'm so fly" banks' parts on the hook of "smile" . ive always suspected that 50 gave yayo the "Pimpin" hook... but i really don't know. suspicions arose from when my mind had a flashback and 50 said he wrote a bunch of joints on 'the documentary' and i came to conclude that he wrote a buncha hooks for Game on there (then came to the idea that he probably tried doing that for everyone on G-Unit)

It's been a lot of talk that Banks wrote In Da Club. The point of being a ghostwriter is to write something that fits that person's style not yours. We would NEVER guess that Hov wrote Still Dre but he did. Doc wrote for Eazy and they have totally different styles. Rozay was ghostwriting for people before he got on but we can't point out somebody that fits his style.

DzOPx5KWkAA3M04.jpg

Ou6be3R.gif

giphy.gif

Avi check.

I'm in this when it hits LA. The amount of Latinas and biddies there...whew.

So you knew Hov wrote that before it came out?

Only time we can tell who wrote for Dre is recently cuz he always using Kendrick's flow.

Not really but that sounds exactly like a verse jay would spit on the Black album. Dre was running off his resume just like jay did on what more can I say.

It's been a lot of talk that Banks wrote In Da Club. The point of being a ghostwriter is to write something that fits that person's style not yours. We would NEVER guess that Hov wrote Still Dre but he did. Doc wrote for Eazy and they have totally different styles. Rozay was ghostwriting for people before he got on but we can't point out somebody that fits his style.

Rozay wrote this verse for Diddy

Not really but that sounds exactly like a verse jay would spit on the Black album. Dre was running off his resume just like jay did on what more can I say.

Dre was running his resume on Forgot About Dre too and Em wrote that. We couldn't tell who wrote for Dre till recently. Most people thought Snoop wrote Let Me Ride but RBX did that. It's easy to say after we know now Jay wrote it to say "Oh yeah I can see it" but nobody woulda guessed that if it was still unknown. Jay even used Kurupt's old lyrics to hide he wrote it "If you ain't up on thangs....". That's Kurupts line from Snoop's Serial Killer. We would think Snoop and Kurupt wrote that song. :lol:

Dre was running his resume on Forgot About Dre too and Em wrote that. We couldn't tell who wrote for Dre till recently. Most people thought Snoop wrote Let Me Ride but RBX did that. It's easy to say after we know now Jay wrote it to say "Oh yeah I can see it" but nobody woulda guessed that if it was still unknown. Jay even used Kurupt's old lyrics to hide he wrote it "If you ain't up thangs....". That's Kurupts line from Snoop's Serial Killer. We would think Snoop and Kurupt wrote that song. :lol:

Yeah but that cadence was 100% Eminem, regardless of the bars.

still Dre is basically left over converted bars of jays verse on What u think of that off bleeks first album. Same cadence and everything

Still DRE sounds like a jay verse to me.

me too lol wtf...

and i dont agree with the whole "ghostwriters write in the person's style" cuz when puffy was rapping about cherry impala hydraulics chrome whatever on one of his albums from the 2000s i immediately knew it was the game... or any example where somebody's had a ghostwriter it sounds like the ghostwriter's style to me

Yeah but that cadence was 100% Eminem, regardless of the bars.

still Dre is basically left over converted bars of jays verse on What u think of that off bleeks first album. Same cadence and everything

I mean yeah after knowing he wrote it's easy to say that but again nobody would guess Jay wrote that if we didn't already know.

I mean yeah after knowing he wrote it's easy to say that but again nobody would guess Jay wrote that if we didn't already know.
With that said, I can't hear Banks writing 'In Da Club' after even being told that, unless he really did write it exactly how 50 would've written it. If it can't be proven from the writing alone, what other way could that be proven?

We still don't know who wrote the watcher tho...

I didn't listen to if you're reading this until way after the reference tracks (last year) but I hear q Miller all over that album

I remember when it came out that Jay Still Dre, it wasn't anybody saying "I knew it" but now of course dudes gon say it sounds like a Jay verse after the fact. :lol:

With that said, I can't hear Banks writing 'In Da Club' after even being told that, unless he really did write it exactly how 50 would've written it. If it can't be proven from the writing alone, what other way could that be proven?

Bang Em Smuf said Banks wrote it.

Bang Em is on record slandering Fif and G Unit for years since they parted ways.

That rumor always sounded like some scorned n**** **** imo.

Just peeped it, Smurf said 50 took Banks' hook.. i can't completely dismiss that tbh cuz the In Da Club hook doesn't sound like most 50 hooks now that i think about it lol. When I think '50 cent type hook' in da club is def not one that comes to mind

Reminds me that Nas wrote In Miami

Back
Top Bottom