Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

jim had ghostwriters back then and im sure his recent **** is some young kids writing for him. old *** rappers do that all the time. i can confirm 100% that the disses game had for meek, parts of it were written by someone else because i know certain guys signed to game directly who are never going to blow up. jim im speculating but when i learned about game **** my mind just clicked.

sadly, one of my favorite rappers Ghostface Killah has writers too. if u know Ghost's pen and compare it to different parts of his career, esp with the other crew he had around, you'll notice he's rapping JUST like Superb, Trife, & Shawn Wigs. Ghostface completely lost his "Supreme Clientele" rap style when Superb started having beef with him.

Just gotta say if you guys got a good pair of headphones and a turntable get an amp for that ****. Listening to the Doggystyle remaster and it sounds amazing. Got the Schiit Modi and Magni for my laptop and turntable respectivley and Im loving it. If any of you have Tidal HiFi this will put your sound on steroids as well.

Last edited:
sadly, one of my favorite rappers Ghostface Killah has writers too. if u know Ghost's pen and compare it to different parts of his career, esp with the other crew he had around, you'll notice he's rapping JUST like Superb, Trife, & Shawn Wigs. Ghostface completely lost his "Supreme Clientele" rap style when Superb started having beef with him.
Prove this.

Saying he "lost" a rap style like rappers don't evolve their flows and rhymes scheme ain't enough for me.

o7k6yf3v2n1urqinfxch

Last edited:
As a person that has listened to Shawn Wigs and purchased Trife’s music, I can’t really see where that’s coming from. Voice inflection somewhat, but actual style and lyrics, nope.

So what's up with that Cole project. Bruh have us that lukewarm single and then no news after.

Prove this.

Saying he "lost" a rap style like rappers don't evolve their flows and rhymes scheme ain't enough for me.

go listen to Superb
go listen to Supreme Clientele

same rap style

actually, without reading the lyrics, listen to the first 2 verses on this song and tell me how you feel about them?:

Ghost had beef with Perb right after SC And b4 Bulletproof Wallets, and then never rapped like that again. He also never rapped like that pre-SC. The beef happened cuz Perb was caught tryna steal the Bulletproof Wallets recording sessions (probably to reveal reference tracks or whatever) so they beat him up

When Tony Yayo aired out Ghostface about it, Ghost said some **** like "man he may have contributed a few lines here and there or songs but a whole album? no way. he can't sit there and say that he wrote Supreme Clientele" [Tony Yayo and Perb were locked up together]

http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2007/11/link-ghostfaces-rhapsody-interview/

that to me sounds like admission that Perb wrote for him. It's funny he says that "Perb aint write Cherchez LaGhost" when

Method Man admitted that he himself wrote the 1st verse of Cherchez LaGhost. Raekwon wrote Ghostface's verses on "Heaven Or Hell"

Mef: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.17303/...n-ol-dirty-bastards-return-to-the-36-chambers

Am I saying Perb, Wigs, & Trife [and Mef & Rae] have written every single word for Ghostface? Nope. But it's the same way ppl tear Drake down for using Quentin Miller. Did QM write an entire album for Drake? Nope. But u def aint gonna hear "R.I.C.O." type verses from Drake ever again.

and that's fine if for whatever reason u cant see Perb's aura on those pieces of material from Ghost, you'll have to admit or digest that Method Man and Raekwon have both written for him, in other words, a fact: Others have written for Ghostface

i look at every rapper that has a smaller crew or whatever weirdly now. drake set up OVO as his personal writing camp, ghostface has theodore unit or whatever affiliates and raps like them, jim jones had his own thing n dudes signed to him & max b and stack bundles wrote for him... all these cliques set up under as their personal writing guys and those guys always hope that writing for the big homie will eventually lead to big homie putting them on

As a person that has listened to Shawn Wigs and purchased Trife’s music, I can’t really see where that’s coming from. Voice inflection somewhat, but actual style and lyrics, nope.

that's fine that you couldnt detect that, but i wasnt the only one who could tell Raekwon was the one who did the Clyde Smith skit on Supreme Clientele before the non-voicechanger version came out. Sometimes you can just tell from the way somebody speaks that it sounds like them.

As years go by there's less and less Trife verses, but here's an example of a Trife verse, just imagine Ghostface spitting that instead of Trife, and then tell me "it doesnt sound like a Ghostface verse"

2:52

Assisting with lines is fine the problem is when someone is writing entire verses. That’s a harsh accusation to throw at a legend

Back
Top Bottom