Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I just got put onto a Nigerian rapper from H-Town, not even mad about it because dude is on some other ****, it is dope. When y’all get a chance check out Tobe Nwigwe.
I’ve known Tobe since I was 8, basically grew up with him. Our fam know each other. I would’ve never imagined him being a rapper. He’s dope and got a following down here.

1. I dont troll
  2. When you say he wrote it I assumed word for word would be duplicated and its not.

you're not trolling? then are you just a moron?

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.05.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.10.12 AM.png

how are these not the same words??

source:

https://genius.com/Ghostface-killah-good-times-part-2-lyrics

https://genius.com/Kinetic-9-showdown-lyrics

can't argue with dudes who just skim through music and don't really LISTEN

When *****s find out everything may not be what they thought it was with their favorite rappers...it be like kids finding out Santa Claus isn't real :lol:
i understand it though, when i was a kid, i wanted to be EXACTLY like ghostface. robes, durags covering the face, wonder woman bracelet + the eagle, the versace dinner plate chain... the day i had to accept that maybe one of my fav rappers has writers was a grim day. however, i couldnt deny it anymore

there's an atlanta rapper this generation looks up to as god who for a fact i know paid someone to make a hook for him (uncredited, thus ghostwritten), cuz the producer told me. but i know the backlash is gonna be so extreme that i aint even gonna say it. also, i dont wanna mess up their working relationship in case some weird viral **** happens [plus, i have no proof to present it, whereas the ghostface **** there's tons of examples out there]

Last edited:
i understand it though, when i was a kid, i wanted to be EXACTLY like ghostface. robes, durags covering the face, wonder woman bracelet + the eagle, the versace dinner plate chain... the day i had to accept that maybe one of my fav rappers has writers was a grim day. however, i couldnt deny it anymore

there's an atlanta rapper this generation looks up to as god who for a fact i know paid someone to make a hook for him (uncredited, thus ghostwritten), cuz the producer told me. but i know the backlash is gonna be so extreme that i aint even gonna say it. also, i dont wanna mess up their working relationship in case some weird viral **** happens [plus, i have no proof to present it, whereas the ghostface **** there's tons of examples out there]

As long as is it isn’t Big or Dre, is it Big or Dre?

I'd put my money on it possibly being Dre but if he asked for help on a hook I'm not bothered

there's an atlanta rapper this generation looks up to as god who for a fact i know paid someone to make a hook for him (uncredited, thus ghostwritten), cuz the producer told me. but i know the backlash is gonna be so extreme that i aint even gonna say it. also, i dont wanna mess up their working relationship in case some weird viral **** happens

Future :nerd:

This thread would be full of copped pleas

you're not trolling? then are you just a moron?

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.05.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.10.12 AM.png

how are these not the same words??

source:

https://genius.com/Ghostface-killah-good-times-part-2-lyrics

https://genius.com/Kinetic-9-showdown-lyrics

can't argue with dudes who just skim through music and don't really LISTEN
See I cant even process your argument cause you resorted to name calling. Not trying to get banned again so I'll just leave it
When *****s find out everything may not be what they thought it was with their favorite rappers...it be like kids finding out Santa Claus isn't real :lol:
Not sure why, you can enjoy someones music they just cant be considered MC's moving forward. I've done it with a few rappers so it aint really a problem

As long as is it isn’t Big or Dre, is it Big or Dre?
nah lmfao.. i meant an active rapper who's out right now and puts out enough material yearly for the past decade damn-near

See I cant even process your argument cause you resorted to name calling. Not trying to get banned again so I'll just leave it

you have nothing to argue back because you've already exposed yourself. the verses are 98% identical, and you said they were just some lines. i'm stating a fact not an opinion.

you are dismissed.

nah lmfao.. i meant an active rapper who's out right now and puts out enough material yearly for the past decade damn-near

you have nothing to argue back because you've already exposed yourself. the verses are 98% identical, and you said they were just some lines. i'm stating a fact not an opinion.

you are dismissed.
This stopped being an argument when you hurled insults, work on your manners and grow up

I thought it was pretty much known that Superd wrote stuff for Ghost. Ghost basically said it. Wutang is like 1,000 _'s and only 10 of 'em rap. It's nothing for one of them dudes to write a verse that fits somebody style. Ghost style has always been the same though. He's always had that unorthodox/storytelling/funny/flashy style. Ain't like Ghost needed him to write for him to be nice. It's the same way people around Snoop wrote for him later on. We should know by now that Banks wrote for 50 and probably Young Buck too.

I read that Superd did some years for molesting a 12 year old. :sick: Crazy ****.

As minimal as it may be, somebody writing/helping write a verse/some bars, that does take some of the impressiveness off of an artist's discography. I don't think it's fair to call an artist trash because somebody helped write a hook or for receiving some pointers in a verse but when it comes to looking at them as a "emcee" it does change things a bit.

The issue is when people only see things black and white, trash and GOAT that make conversations like this impossible to discuss

Back
Top Bottom