Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y’all hear this?
Soulja boycotting Gucci now for some reason.

How tf he gonna boycott a company who’s logo that moron got on his forehead :rofl:

Ironically...Ross' influences (by his own account) are dusty nostalgic 80s/90s rappers. :lol:

He doesn't sound like anything else that ever came out of the state of Florida :lol: So a ***** with an East Coast Bias should AT LEAST recognize his ability to rap.

With Ross (and another southern rapper who I won't name because i don't want that discussion right now :smh:) some people 100% let their distaste for the character get in the way of the art.
Well first I don't agree I have some 80s/90s East coast bias :lol:

Even though I feel the 90s was a true golden era of hip hop but to me that's for all regions that were doing it.

I won't deny Ross' obvious influences.

That don't mean I feel he can rap. Plenty East coast rappers with that influence that I see as whack or average at best. I'd group then right next to Ross.

I'm not even gonna pretend I know Ross character or boss persona well enough to hate it. All I know is when I hear him start to rap I get the urge to turn that **** off. Like I felt son ruined Devil in A Blue Dress with his voice and ad libs alone.

He is not a rapper I want to hear. No matter how many dope **** he raps over. Dont care if it's boom bap or soul samples.

It's even more so that way for that other southern rapper if we thinking of the same one who was rapping one way when he started and then jacked the East coast style in every way and was being praised as the best rapper with his countless whack bars.

Last edited:
its ok
u have a bias
i aint trippin
big still overrated
and had r kelly telling him to bring his *** to him
so...................
What bias?

I just recognize Big as a great.

Same with Pac but when you wanna pretend he taught Big something I just find that funny. Especially if it's rapping and it cant be business given how Suge did him.

I would say listen to the song again but you'd still listen wrong.

WI'm not even gonna pretend I know Ross character or boss persona well enough to hate it. All I know is when I hear him start to rap I get the urge to turn that **** off. Like I felt son ruined Devil in A Blue Dress with his voice and as libs alone.

tenor.gif

BIG was a student of the rap game. He knew & respected the history, learning where he could along the way.
2Pac helped BIG develop...just like countless other hip hop acts BIG soaked up like a sponge. Sure Pac's influence
was greater than others but to categorize BIG simply as a derivative of 2Pac is foolish.

One of my favorite qualities of BIG was his respect & knowledge of the history.
One has to have that to really be great in my opinion. 2Pac also had that.

i been making decent bread this past year off of one song my artist dropped. **** gets half a million views every week now.

but the bread coming from commercials. samsung x t mobile used the song in their commercial (yall probly seen it in between NBA games last March-April), then LeBron was transforming into Ironman to one of his other songs during the intro of the Cavs VS Pacers playoffs game, an episode of that Lavar Ball show used the music, GoPro used it in their annual review, Turkcell (Turkish version of like T Mobile or whatever, one of the biggest companies in the world) just used the song in their newest commercial too, airing on all Turkish TV channels. Just recently learned that the Denver Nuggets been playing it during their warm-up intros too.

just wanted to tell yall, just because u not a mainstream artist with a major label push, or not one of these cloutrappers that's getting fed all up on ur IG, doesn't mean u can't find ur way into the game and make money other ways. there's plenty of ways.

a 50x grammy nominee who has 90+ gold/plat/diamond plaques hit us up to do tracks with him so that he can get the songs placed on commercials, last week. this guy has worked on classics.

all this to say, sometimes when you're not on a major who usually takes a large cut of ur bread, makes it harder for u to work commercials/syncs. he basically told me he wants to work with us because we don't have a deal and we have a good enough buzz to make stuff happen. dont gotta wait 8 months for approval and politics from a label, we're ready to do songs and green light ourselves. it's having no strings attached that allows u to work with multiple ppl at your own pace.

meanwhile majors hit us up "hey we like that song u put out wish u wouldve submitted it to us so that we couldve given it to x y z major artist and it wouldve been a huge song that u'd get royalties from as a writer" yeah uh no thanks we'll just build ourselves up

i been making decent bread this past year off of one song my artist dropped. **** gets half a million views every week now.

but the bread coming from commercials. samsung x t mobile used the song in their commercial (yall probly seen it in between NBA games last March-April), then LeBron was transforming into Ironman to one of his other songs during the intro of the Cavs VS Pacers playoffs game, an episode of that Lavar Ball show used the music, GoPro used it in their annual review, Turkcell (Turkish version of like T Mobile or whatever, one of the biggest companies in the world) just used the song in their newest commercial too, airing on all Turkish TV channels. Just recently learned that the Denver Nuggets been playing it during their warm-up intros too.

just wanted to tell yall, just because u not a mainstream artist with a major label push, or not one of these cloutrappers that's getting fed all up on ur IG, doesn't mean u can't find ur way into the game and make money other ways. there's plenty of ways.

a 50x grammy nominee who has 90+ gold/plat/diamond plaques hit us up to do tracks with him so that he can get the songs placed on commercials, last week. this guy has worked on classics.

all this to say, sometimes when you're not on a major who usually takes a large cut of ur bread, makes it harder for u to work commercials/syncs. he basically told me he wants to work with us because we don't have a deal and we have a good enough buzz to make stuff happen. dont gotta wait 8 months for approval and politics from a label, we're ready to do songs and green light ourselves. it's having no strings attached that allows u to work with multiple ppl at your own pace.

meanwhile majors hit us up "hey we like that song u put out wish u wouldve submitted it to us so that we couldve given it to x y z major artist and it wouldve been a huge song that u'd get royalties from as a writer" yeah uh no thanks we'll just build ourselves up

What's the name of the song?

Back
Top Bottom