Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember running Hell of a Life back as soon as I heard son say "we headed to hell for heaven's sake".

Whoever wrote that was in the zone on that one.

Runaway is a top 10 Kanye song.

Chill :lol:

First time I heard that ending

3euOVig.gif

A lot of people ain't catch Jay's triple entredre on So Appalled

"Not only am I fly, I'm ****** not plain/plane/playin"

:smokin

:lol:

___ said "false" like any titles he named would compel us to skip a song that we haven't had any desire to in the last 6 years.

Everything about that album was perfect

The rollout
The interchangable covers
The movie (from a creative standpoint)
Dude took over MTV, BET, and VH1 all at the same time to debut it
The timing it was released
The music videos
Every feature feeling necessary, and not forced
****** couldn't even show up to the studio to record if they weren't in a suit

Last edited by a moderator:
MBDTF is prob my fav album ever. Jawn is flawless. Only negative thing i have to say about that album was Fergie shoulda been left off All Of The Lights, thats all

Ak bought up finally rich by Chief Keef and i'm kinda torn on if it's a classic or not. I certainly don't liste to that album straight thru but there A LOT of heat on there & in this modern era of rap A lot of what Keef did on that album has been emulated and bastardized

No mention of Urban Legend, King or Trap Muzik being classics?!?! You all can go to hip hop hell!!!!! I need to see some respect for The Kang in this little discussion.

Ak bought up finally rich by Chief Keef and i'm kinda torn on if it's a classic or not. I certainly don't liste to that album straight thru but there A LOT of heat on there & in this modern era of rap A lot of what Keef did on that album has been emulated and bastardized

Very good debut album from chief keef. Wouldn't call it "classic" but it has HIGH replay value....and like you said...very influential. Good call.

My Krazy Life is def a classic though. Album is "like that".

Last edited:
YG puttin together quite a discography dude makes great music.

Legit when people talk about who is running hip hop currently YG will have hoods bumping his **** in they cars before alot of other bigger artists.

Didn't know people liked yg like that here. I personally don't like his music that much but he came a long way from his Jerkin days. Didn't think he'd last.icc

Last edited:
Second yg album garbo. First one was super fire though. Had that joint playing the whole summer

Back
Top Bottom