Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y'all never heard of freeform locs before? :lol:

I agree that the bright blond and balding front look wild but the shape and sizes of the locs are just a result of him deciding to let them freeform at some point.

Theres freeform done right and then there's freeform done insanely wrong

Last edited:
He needs some better producers. Lyrical content is there, but meh, some of the riddims he voice on leaves a lot to be desired

No, the production is fine. It fits him. His problem is making a hit and his style in 2018. You have to not be able to rap to win in 2018.

Never forgetting that, he been a clown forever. Straight buffoon.

Those stream numbers 10000% fake but it’s cool

I don't believe those numbers at all

:smh:

Right. People ain't forget that. :lol: Even Wayne's fans know he's a air head. Nobody takes him serious. People talk about Kanye because for years he stood for something and had substance.

I disagree, I don't think people care.

Y’all n_ getting aggravating posting this Kanye BS everyday. He’s dead in the water. Let this crap go.

Some of y’all heros ain’t who you perceived them to be. Give it a rest. Santa Claus ain’t real. Ya favorite celebrities aren’t, also

No, the production is fine. It fits him. His problem is making a hit and his style in 2018. You have to not be able to rap to win in 2018.

Nah Jay was talking about having to “dumb himself down” 15 years ago its nothing new

For the mainstream world you gotta have those records

I don't believe those numbers at all

:smh:

I disagree, I don't think people care.
Care about what Kanye does and says? People definitely care.

Nah Jay was talking about having to “dumb himself down” 15 years ago its nothing new

So you just agreed with me :lol:

and in 1997 and 2003 it was a lot different than 2018.

Dumbing yourself down in the late 90's and early 00's is totally different from the BS we hear pop off now. :lol:

Rappers back then had plenty of singles where they showed skill.

That was in regard to Wayne
That's what I was saying. Wayne has always been a air head so people don't care what he has to say but people didn't forget.

That's what I was saying. Wayne has always been a air head so people don't care what he has to say but people didn't forget.

huh? I was responding to your comment about Wayne. People don't care. And people have forgotten. I think a lot of people with Kanye don't care either. I don't think people look at it that deep. He'll still sell a bunch of Yeezy's and people will still stream/buy his album. and his concert will still do numbers. Just like people will still root for Wayne against Baby, even though he adds nothing of substance to hip hop.

The people complaining are the minority.

Time and time again it's been shown artist can do and say anything and still have fan support. From beating women to statutory rape to dumb comments.

huh? I was responding to your comment about Wayne. People don't care. And people have forgotten. I think a lot of people with Kanye don't care either. I don't think people look at it that deep. He'll still sell a bunch of Yeezy's and people will still stream/buy his album. and his concert will still do numbers. Just like people will still root for Wayne against Baby, even though he adds nothing of substance to hip hop.

The people complaining are the minority.

Time and time again it's been shown artist can do and say anything and still have fan support. From beating women to statutory rape to dumb comments.

It's a lot of people saying **** Kayne, it's also a lot of people still buying his dusty shoes. This ain't a all or nothing thing. It's never "all people" or "everybody" when it comes to controversial topics.

Dumbing yourself down in the late 90's and early 00's is totally different from the BS we hear pop off now. :lol:

Rappers back then had plenty of singles where they showed skill.

Eh I don't really care to compare quality, thats a boring topic to me. Because tbh if this was the 90s Dave East prolly wouldn’t even stand out much

My point was more about the idea of understanding that if you're this type of rapper you gonna to "dumb yourself down", come up with a new formula and/or work on a different skill set if you wanna get in that arena play ball.

Just being good at rapping don't cut it. You can still show off your skills but the record comes before that

I think the hardest thing is self discovery and figuring out how to do it in a way thats true to yourself. Jay and Kendrick crack off hits but the records never really feel forced or like they reaching. Those Uzi and Chris Brown records just felt awkward as hell to me

Back
Top Bottom