Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So can someone explain to me why Lenard received a plaque for Cardi's album ?

RIAA is some funny **** man.

Anybody that supported and/or helped a record/album sell well is entitled to a plaque basically :lol:

So it’s common for radio stations, etc to receive em. But that’s also why it be so many plaques floating around on the 2nd hand market with random names on em and ****

Man, jit took off on dis ****

Count of three, we swing doors just to get the guap
We bomin' in, count your sins jit 'fore you mess it up
Tired of ****in' with the *****, that ho messy, just clean her up
My stomach was on E, where you was when I was starvin' bruh
Carvin' all these ****** out my picture, think I'm hidin' him
I remember shh shh, nah, can't tell nobody, huh
I just put a bean in my boot for the party, huh
I done put some lean in my cup so I feel naughty, huh
Five condom in, he be muggin' everybody, huh
I don't **** with these ******, you can tell by how they quiet
Flier than a jet, probably thought I was the pilot
No Jody or Yvette, let me know if you rockin'
Think he want some smoke but give his *** some broccoli
My ***** yeah she bad with Brazilian to her pockets
You don't need a sign, see I'm blowin' like a rocket
Remember I had crumbs now I got bread in my pockets, ayy, ayy, ayy
Oh I got bread in my pockets
Blue hundreds, blue racks and they can't stop it
They mad, oh yeah they mad, now they poppin'
Ayy yeah, ayy yeah, oh you can't stop 'em
That's that rocket
'Cause I'ma come back then I drop it

RIAA is some funny **** man.

Anybody that supported and/or helped a record/album sell well is entitled to a plaque basically :lol:

So it’s common for radio stations, etc to receive em. But that’s also why it be so many plaques floating around on the 2nd hand market with random names on em and ****

I think he's on payroll. Literally none of his takes are authentic and all have an agenda behind them. Son probably doesn't even know what he likes

He say it ain’t about money but idk man weird timing

I thought it was cool to see that all those _’s still seemed 100% in after TO signed that solo deal with Interscope but now it’s looking like that **** messed up the group dynamic :smh:

I don’t give a **** about yo opinion boy.:lol:

Pac gon always be that ***** to me. A Made *****. You must be a Biggie Fan.:lol:
Yea tho biggie **** I can't figure if I just played it out or if it hasn't aged well cuz I can't listen to non of his **** no more either. I prolly could still listen to a couple pac songs tho

Also

Got em shakin like strippa when I up da pole on em :smokin

Ruth from Ozark got love for Big but the south doesn’t?

68486E81-26EB-45F9-98AA-222F47256AA3.gif

Agreed.

Where would you say Future ranks on the list of rappers whose content could be considered "misogynist" in today's game? I have him pretty high up, personally.

What if one of the reasons, thots don't get any love from lil rabbit lil rabbit is because his favorite rappers say they don't get any love from them either (in their raps at least).

Keep in mind he also called the Cash Me Outside girl an "underage thot". He thought he was inappropriate for me to post the photo of her major record label album art because of her age...yet he affixed a derogatory term towards her at the same time :lol::smh:

Also keep in mind that it made him and ONLY 2 other *****s, probably MUCH older than him if I'm guessing...rather "uncomfortable" :lol:.
It was definitely more than 2 that thought that was some weirdo **** but do you. :lol:

You better than that fam. :lol:

It’s wild to see people still latching on to Big’s suck on your daddy’s **** line as if it wasn’t a clear callback to Richard Pryor’s original joke.

Biggie has said way worse **** than that for people to still use the Richard Pryor line as the go to.

Big’s my favorite of all time, but son literally said “don’t you know my ***** Gutta ******* kidnap kids? **** em in the *** throw them over the bridge” :lol:

Edit: why doesn’t new NT edit the nickname for Richard :lol:

Iono where he got that line or what possesed him to say it, but naw my *****, you and I both know that’s a big flag on the play.:lol:

_’s in the south got love for BIG but Pac is just on a different God-like level :lol:

I got my theories but I think overall it’s just comes down to culture.

Beyond the West Coast/South connection, Blues/Soul music is something deeply embedded in southern sensibilities. As we all know that type of music is less about technical proficiency and much more about giving off “feeling”, emotions, etc

So when it comes to rap in the south I think we were just automatically geared to value those type of traits over the technical/lyrical ****.

To me, that’s why lyrics haven’t really been high on the scale of “importance” overall in southern rap. And also why a lot of East Coast wasn’t really getting a lot of play down there, _’s just valued different things in the music.

Last edited:
_’s in the south got love for BIG but Pac is just on a different God-like level :lol:

Beyond the West Coast/South connection, Blues/Soul music is something deeply embedded in southern sensibilities. As we all know that type of music is less about technical proficiency and much more about giving off “feeling”, emotions, etc

So when it comes to rap in the south I think we were just automatically geared to value those type of traits over the technical/lyrical ****.

To me, that’s why lyrics haven’t really been high on the scale of “importance” overall in southern rap. And also why a lot of East Coast wasn’t really getting a lot of play down there

I can respect this critique. Accurate analysis.

****** down south don’t like that super lyrical ****, but we do respect real ***** bars. But we like that **** a ***** can feel.

To me, that’s why lyrics haven’t really been high on the scale of “importance” overall in southern rap. And also why a lot of East Coast wasn’t really getting a lot of play down there, _’s just valued different things in the music.

Interesting take. Definitely some validity to it from my standpoint.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pac live in Atlanta for a stint? I would imagine his actual visibility in the southern states could have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom