Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I can respect this critique. Accurate analysis.

*****s down south don’t like that super lyrical ****, but we do respect real ***** bars. But we like that **** a ***** can feel.

I wonder if dudes down south not liking super lyrical music somehow connect to the south having the worst education in the US.

I wonder if dudes down south not liking super lyrical music somehow connect to the south having the worst education in the US.

Maybe, but we southerners are more in tune with spiritual affairs. We worship & fear God and ****. Northerners do too, but they don’t do it with the intensity & passion southerners do.

I remember my college roommate used to bump biggie and big L all day. As much as the old heads hype them up I thought that **** would be the greatest stuff ever. These ****** rap about the same **** ppl rap about today, money, I was broke, my rhymes are tight, and women, oh yeah I used to sell drugs :lol:

Tupac shouldn’t even be named in the same sentence

Interesting take. Definitely some validity to it from my standpoint.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pac live in Atlanta for a stint? I would imagine his actual visibility in the southern states could have something to do with it.

Yeah him and his mama loved ATL, around 93-94 he bought a big crib in Stone Mountain and had it for a lil min

I remember my college roommate used to bump biggie and big L all day. As much as the old heads hype them up I thought that **** would be the greatest stuff ever. These *****s rap about the same **** ppl rap about today, money, I was broke, my rhymes are tight, and women, oh yeah I used to sell drugs :lol:

Rapping about the same stuff doesn’t mean they’re equal though. For example Jeezy and Jay-Z rap about the same exact things, but one does it on a basic surface level and the other used to do it in a intricate way were it sometimes took multiple listens to get the full picture.

I remember my college roommate used to bump biggie and big L all day. As much as the old heads hype them up I thought that **** would be the greatest stuff ever. These *****s rap about the same **** ppl rap about today, money, I was broke, my rhymes are tight, and women, oh yeah I used to sell drugs :lol:

We know you prefer your rappers to sing badly and simp on strippers and instagram chicks.

If it takes you multiple times to catch a Jay lyric, you slow as **** boy.:lol:

Considering the double entendres he often uses, I guarantee you miss a lot.

I'm a avid Jay listener, his lines are cool, but I'm not gonna sit here & lie saying his lines go over my head when they don't. I catch all his lines on first listen.

Overall, I think it boils down to different cultures. Like str8drop str8drop said, we want to feel the music vs analyzing it. Growing up in the South, the blues/soul music obviously had a huge impact on our culture.

Also, the car culture in the south is going to lead most of us to bump southern and west coast music.
Since I was a youngin at my granny house, I've seen dudes beat down the block. That was passed on.
As great as the East Coast was, that **** wasn't knockin in the whip like that.

Combine that with Pac saying **** Biggie, he shut all that **** down for me and my ******.
Today, I realize how stupid I was since Jay is my favorite rapper but Pac still the GOAT.

Can't believe the absolute disrespect on this very page. lil rabbit lil rabbit how can you like a blasphemous post stating Ross > BIG but previously admit you never listened to him ? **** is sacrilegious

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc Oh I've listened to biggie, I just don't bump his ****. I'm not riding round in my whip bumpin biggie, I ain on that. I'm on Bo$$ Playa, Made ***** **** down here in Florida, not whatever the **** **** biggie was spewing.

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc Oh I've listened to biggie, I just don't bump his ****. I'm not riding round in my whip bumpin biggie, I ain on that. I'm on Bo$$ Playa **** down here in Florida, not whatever the **** **** biggie was spewing.

So your barometer is that music that "bumps in the whip" is the end all be all ? I feel it's a time and place for everything. I'm not about to bump BIG when in in the club or parlaying with some joints either but that shouldn't take away from the absolute classic material he's dropped and the legendary skillset he possessed. Son is the most imitated and jacked rapper OF ALL TIME with only two albums. But his biggest offender Ross is actually better ? Think about how ridiculous that is

So your barometer is that music that "bumps in the whip" is the end all be all ? I feel it's a time and place for everything. I'm not about to bump BIG when in in the club or parlaying with some joints either but that shouldn't take away from the absolute classic material he's dropped and the legendary skillset he possessed. Son is the most imitated and jacked rapper OF ALL TIME with only two albums. But his biggest offender Ross is actually better ? Think about how ridiculous that is

Pac’s Material just resonates more with me, his music touched my heart & soul. Pac made music for thug ****** like me who shed real tears, ****** who go through more **** than the average person does. Biggie just makes music that makes ****** wanna go commit a crime. Not to mention Pac & I share the same birthday, I’m gonna be truthful & admit I have a bias and roll with him.

Last edited:
So your barometer is that music that "bumps in the whip" is the end all be all ? I feel it's a time and place for everything.

I'm not about to bump BIG when in in the club

or parlaying with some joints either but that shouldn't take away from the absolute classic material he's dropped and the legendary skillset he possessed. Son is the most imitated and jacked rapper OF ALL TIME with only two albums. But his biggest offender Ross is actually better ? Think about how ridiculous that is

****tt. I still rap along whenever I’m out and they drop the 8 minute Biggie set in the club :smokin

You’re guaranteed to hear those two at some point of the night when you’re out at the spot :smokin

Back
Top Bottom