Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Honestly I Kinda of feel where Remy was coming from (Not her questioning his blackness tho, that was wack) but she's kind of right in her assessment although i don't think it played out well. I was into the whole blacklivesmatter thing until i started to see where it headed. It seems like everything is directed towards trying to get those who aren't black to understand the injustice we face.. At a certain point it's like What the **** else needs to be shown, we've seen slavery play out, we see Kids getting shot in parks, In Kmart, In their own homes etc etc on a weekly basis. If we still gotta "explain" after all that time, then those people who don't get it are either A)******ed B) Don't Give A **** because it don't effect them

So at that point we are wasting time trying to convince them instead of getting everyone on the same page in our community, Those same people who have all the patience in the world for everyone else are quick to cancel any black person for the slightest difference of opinion or thought. I can't count how many times i've seen these BLM type cats Try & get a black person completely ostracized or stopped because they're "problematic" or because they are pushing a narrative of black mobility first.
exactly
we could have another black wall street
and be thriven
dont need the white man or anyone else to understand nothin

exactly
we could have another black wall street
and be thriven
dont need the white man or anyone else to understand nothin

To be fair i understand his original point that judges, police, lawmakers etc etc still will hold prejudice & try to impede us... with that said i think people who are in those positions who hold prejudice made their decisions, we ain't changing their minds.

So the counter to that would be sticking together & making our votes count, helping to elect new DA's, new officials who aren't actively prejudice. but as of now the unity is at an all time low on a daily i scroll through social media and see a new divide amongst black people smh

yo can yall help me
so that ross dude jumped smoke purp
is smoke purp that dude who used to do beats
with lil b????

To be fair i understand his original point that judges, police, lawmakers etc etc still will hold prejudice & try to impede us... with that said i think people who are in those positions who hold prejudice made their decisions, we ain't changing their minds.
which is why we should make sure black folks care
and elect more black folks

Son done grouped himself in with the class of cats I don’t check for anymore. The *****s who can’t stay out of their own way. I try to keep it objective and only focus on the music, but I can only ignore the corny **** seeping into the music for so long.

That's how I feel about certain artists. Folks keep posting Youngboy but I'm not checking him out for similar reasons. Although Kodak is higher on the list. Youngboy only like 19 so I may give him an shot one day

That's how I feel about certain artists. Folks keep posting Youngboy but I'm not checking him out for similar reasons. Although Kodak is higher on the list. Youngboy only like 19 so I may give him an shot one day

You missing out on Youngboy. He may be the MVP of this year. Rarely do you see Quanity x Quality match up the way he been dropping this year.

Yea this whole mentality of trying to “prove” ourselves as equals or that we should be looked at as such is where people start to get lost

Minorities have enough power/resources to do our own ****, it just comes down to us actually wanting to do it

Been waiting for Adam22 to get touched for the longest and Russ finally came thru as the 1 to do it just like Ross was the 1 that had DJ Vlad touched. Now just waiting for someone to step up and get Akademiks touched since I already know YesJulz won't be touched like these other vultures

Streaming Russ all day :smokin
He deserve these streams, we owe it to dude. He applying pressure to the festival rap pill addict gang. Ban, he coming for u *****

Right. I know Joe was tight with Wu Tang cuz he was in their videos and they was in his and Pun's. Why wasn't Joe in the Big Poppa or One More Chance video? Everybody and they grandmama was in those. I'm tryna solve this case. :lol:

fat joe wouldn't lie about that...i mean ya forgot he was actually at da stage when biggie & pac spit those iconic acapellas?

fat joe probably tied with busta for being such in da most random cameos.

Back
Top Bottom