Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

some one do timestamps on that interview. lol I dont think this ***** worth 12 minutes to be honest

I saw someone post it and say that he doesnt talk about Joe.

Man I’m not watching that ****. That’s the only thing that would interest me about anything he could potentially talk about.

I saw the clip about MGK and his daughter and got secondhand embarassment from how he was like “whoa...dude needs to like chill”

:lol:

Marshall should have retired in 07 and made sweatsuits and horror films or some ****. Legacy would have aged so much more gracefully if we last remembered him on some crazy pillhead ****.

I saw someone post it and say that he doesnt talk about Joe.

Man I’m not watching that ****. That’s the only thing that would interest me about anything he could potentially talk about.

I saw the clip about MGK and his daughter and got secondhand embarassment from how he was like “whoa...dude needs to like chill”

Marshall should have retired in 07 and made sweatsuits and horror films or some ****. Legacy would have aged so much more gracefully if we last remembered him on some crazy pillhead ****.

somebody get em some clippers...his beard IS weird :smh:

97F17C59-9B3C-4BEE-BE29-5B6BA97D03EF.jpeg

damn. its big that he got kendrick to do this.

we gotta bring back the 90’s where black cinema and soundtracks were like their own little world. 10x bigger of a concept in the social media era.

Even tho the actual movie itself looks like some BET/Walmart **** :lol: a cool little blazed watch.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but when exactly did soundtracks nosedive?

Slow down bruh
I like belly as much as the next person
But if we being real
I wouldn’t want him to direct another
Though..... I’m intrigued on what he could do on a second film

Because we all know were never getting another cinematic masterpiece like Belly from him ever again cause that Superfly movie was ****in trash.

Slow down bruh
I like belly as much as the next person
But if we being real
I wouldn’t want him to direct another
Though..... I’m intrigued on what he could do on a second film

The only flaw with Belly was the plot holes in the story.
In terms of how it was shot, pacing, dialogue, etc. it wasnt bad at all.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but when exactly did soundtracks nosedive?

I don’t even think soundtracks nosedived I just think urban movies outside of the Madea types and Monique Xmas movies died as a genre and you ain’t even got no more Belly, Friday, How To Be A Player, etc. type films being made about and primarily focused to young black folks so the urban movie soundtrack died.

Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Suicide Squad type films been having crazy soundtracks the whole decade lol. But shoutout to marvel and kendrick for setting the precedent for Future/Superfly and Venom/Eminem

i wanna see Kanye do the next Batman soundtrack or batman beyond and Ross do a blaxploitation soundtrack. Lowkey **** the movie that would be a great concept album for Ross.

I don’t even think soundtracks nosedived I just think urban movies outside of the Madea types and Monique Xmas movies died as a genre and you ain’t even got no more Belly, Friday, How To Be A Player, etc. type films being made about and primarily focused to young black folks so the urban movie soundtrack died.

Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Suicide Squad type films been having crazy soundtracks the whole decade lol. But shoutout to marvel and kendrick for setting the precedent for Future/Superfly and Venom/Eminem

i wanna see Kanye do the next Batman soundtrack or batman beyond and Ross do a blaxploitation soundtrack. Lowkey **** the movie that would be a great concept album for Ross.

Good point here. Guess I was really referring to those harder soundtracks, Belly, Streets Is Watching, Tales From The Hood, Dead Presidents, etc. It used to be a huge almost monthly thing, and now outside of Fast & Furious films and other major commercial stuff like that, I’m not even paying attention to them. I did like the Superfly soundtrack though, gave me old school vibes when a soundtrack/movie combo dropped.

The only flaw with Belly was the plot holes in the story.
In terms of how it was shot, pacing, dialogue, etc. it wasnt bad at all.
bruh
the movie was bad
but WE ALL give it a pass
the BEST thing bout the movie
is the opening
and the keisha first being her get smashed scene
everything else
is just great for memes and to laugh at
NO ONE takes belly serious
i mean we all like it
but we know what it is

bruh
the movie was bad
but WE ALL give it a pass
the BEST thing bout the movie
is the opening
and the keisha first being her get smashed scene
everything else
is just great for memes and to laugh at
NO ONE takes belly serious
i mean we all like it
but we know what it is

Nah thats just you or if that is the consensus then it must b generational because I feel like VISUALLY thats my personal greatest film of all time. It looks like Batman Beyond meets everything I love about Platinum/Millenium Era hip hop. Just reminds me of the late 90’s. Lowkey hope one of these studios get bored and try to remake it within the next decade so I can audition for that **** :lol:.

The only flaws I feel the film has is these ****** going from being stick up kids to interstate trafficking kingpins :lol:. They should have had the two school kids who killed themselves in front of Bunds hit that opening lick.

Also I didn’t see how just upping and going to Africa would solve all Sincere’s problems and the role Bunds played as an informant and what they wanted him to do came out of nowhere but at that point you need to go watch the news or something and turn off Netflix bc you not even letting yourself get lost in the disbelief of fiction. :lol:

But visually yeah Belly has still not been topped. To me.

Nah thats just you or if that is the consensus then it must b generational because I feel like VISUALLY thats my personal greatest film of all time. It looks like Batman Beyond meets everything I love about Platinum/Millenium Era hip hop. Just reminds me of the late 90’s. Lowkey hope one of these studios get bored and try to remake it within the next decade so I can audition for that **** :lol:.

The only flaws I feel the film has is these *****s going from being stick up kids to interstate trafficking kingpins :lol:. They should have had the two school kids who killed themselves in front of Bunds hit that opening lick.

Also I didn’t see how just upping and going to Africa would solve all Sincere’s problems and the role Bunds played as an informant and what they wanted him to do came out of nowhere but at that point you need to go watch the news or something and turn off Netflix bc you not even letting yourself get lost in the disbelief of fiction. :lol:

Yes, I concur. Visually, no movie is ******* with Belly's aesthetic. I don't care how much CGI or sfx other movies have, Belly is a top 3 movie visually.

The only flaws I feel the film has is these *****s going from being stick up kids to interstate trafficking kingpins :lol:. They should have had the two school kids who killed themselves in front of Bunds hit that opening lick.

Yes, I concur. Visually, no movie is ****ing with Belly's aesthetic. I don't care how much CGI or sfx other movies have, Belly is a top 3 movie visually.
I actually remember going to go see belly at the theater
Had the vhs
And would always watch
The general consensus
When it released
was the movie wasn’t good
But was like a cult classic
And it isn’t really good
But it is a cult classic
And good in its own way
And that asthetic u speak of
Maaaaan if u look at belly
Asthically it just looks like one loooooong as music video from back then that’s all

I actually remember going to go see belly at the theater
Had the vhs
And would always watch
The general consensus
When it released
was the movie wasn’t good
But was like a cult classic
And it isn’t really good
But it is a cult classic
And good in its own way
And that asthetic u speak of
Maaaaan if u look at belly
Asthically it just looks like one loooooong as music video from back then that’s all

with that said, they sure don't make videos like they used too.

Back
Top Bottom