Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Thug gonna come home Dec. 19/Jan 2020 and hit his prime.

Hope he sit down and actually writes his bars but keep that same intricate bounce around random *** flow. He could be a problem and reinvent himself going into the new decade if he use this time the right way. He still only in his mid-late 20’s right

Thug just gonna have to simplify his **** if he wanna “crossover” tbh

I think we tend to underestimate what it really takes to crossover and get love in that arena. It’s not just about making “good” music but the “right” music, and that’s still not even half of it

Future dropped Monster, Beast Mode and 56 Nights but it took _’s trolling Beyoncé fans on twitter for him to hit the next level and actually get appreciated by mainstream fans :lol: :smh: It’s not like Monster just suddenly became good 6 months later

This is why Bhad Bhabie etc got major label deals, they can teach or just give her music but you can’t really teach viral popularity and that’s a big piece of the pie

Thug just gonna have to simplify his **** if he wanna “crossover” tbh

I think we tend to underestimate what it really takes to crossover and get love in that arena. It’s not just about making “good” music but the “right” music, and that’s still not even half of it

Future dropped Monster, Beast Mode and 56 Nights but it took _’s trolling Beyoncé fans on twitter for him to hit the next level and actually get appreciated by mainstream fans :lol: :smh: It’s not like Monster just suddenly became good 6 months later

Nun but facts.

The movie really wasn't good.

Idk man, I would strongly disagree. It’s a daring, non traditional/surreal black film that’s prolly 5-10 years ahead of its time.

My point was less my opinion but the fact that’s it’s a aggressive black film getting all out RAVE reviews from damn near all the critics but still not even registering in the wider consciousness. It did have a really limited release tho so that does hurt

damn. its big that he got kendrick to do this.

we gotta bring back the 90’s where black cinema and soundtracks were like their own little world. 10x bigger of a concept in the social media era.

Even tho the actual movie itself looks like some BET/Walmart **** :lol: a cool little blazed watch.

I would check it out but its a good chance this aint making it to a wide release in theaters...we gon be watching this joint online or in a barbershop :lol:

none of his antics garner any attention anymore, there’s a new wierder more suspect rapper popping up every day now. It’s over for Jeffrey

9F4FB7AE-C273-46D0-AC9C-3C0C3B61BCED.png

Reactions: OTG

Yeah so its def similar to Livin Large story wise (another grossly under appreciated film). He hasn’t really mentioned it but it almost feels like Boots Riley was wanting to do a homage to that film

Sorry to Bother You is a bit more aggressive and varied with its commentary, it’s touching on race and class but also labor, technology etc. Overall tho the film is just a lot more bizarre and cartoonish structure wise. Think Livin Large and Hollywood Shuffle rolled into one but with it taking place in a post - Get Out surrealist alternate reality. Critics calling it “Get Out on acid”. Some moments def feel all over the place and the ending wasn’t as good as it could’ve been but it has a fresh/unique visual style and Lakeith killed his role

Back
Top Bottom