Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You skip only 3-4 songs total out of all three projects? That's crazy as hell but that's cool

AK shouting out the Trilogy again :pimp: . Thursday slander though? :smh:

To this day, all 3 mixtapes stay in rotation.

Yelling Joe always wylin. Son stays sweating when he goes ham. Who pulling up to the pool party

Last edited:
The Trilogy is classic in my book. No way on earth would I ever skip more than 3 (and that's being generous) tracks on that entire body of work.

Wayne doesn't have a classic. Carter 3 is DUMB TRASH

808s is not a classic, saying Kanye has 3-4 classics always makes me laugh. So many skippable songs on all those albums.

I agree with Joe. You can have a great or amazing album but doesn't make it a classic.

Even HOB which is classic, has one skippable track. Or atleast half of it (y'all know which one :lol: )

Thursday got more skippables than EOS TBH

Wayne doesn't have a classic. Carter 3 is DUMB TRASH

808s is not a classic, saying Kanye has 3-4 classics always makes me laugh. So many skippable songs on all those albums.

I agree with Joe. You can have a great or amazing album but doesn't make it a classic.

The Carter 1 is undoubtedly a Classic.

3 definitely isn't good. Had a road trip with the homies a few weeks ago...and we ran Wayne from Dedication to Carter 4. The drop off was something serious. Could barely get through C3 :x

HOB Weeknds best joint

edit: I always mix the titles :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah C3 was terrible, I'm judging anybody propping that up :lol:

Dedication 3 and No Ceilings are both better

Last edited:
Classic topic was dope. Weeknd can sing but no way can you tell me the entire Trilogy is a classic. That's like 30 songs and no way you're not skipping 10-15 of them. I'm not rolling.
I think it depends on how you view the music. I view The Trilogy as the 3 separate albums that had 9 songs a piece. IMO, for each album...he didn't have too many misses out those 9 songs. I get with it being packaged into one big album, it may effect how someone digests the music. But for me...it's the nostalgia going back to that year when I feel like he put out 3 separate projects and each one hit. If you skip 10-15 songs...you basically saying at least one of those whole projects was trash. 

Last edited:
Same, when I break the Trilogy down into the three original tapes (which is actually the only way I ever listen to them), I'm skipping maybe 1 song across that 27 track span. I guess by default, that means that I skip 4 when combined (because of the additional song added to each.) Needless to say, it's a classic for me.

I've yet to ever listen to Carter IV now that I think about it. Carter III aged like milk for me :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I dead ***...to this day...have never bothered to listen to Carter IV. Not once. I couldn't quote you a song off it. 

And I can probably quote everything he did from the Squad mixtapes up to Drought 3. 

You skip only 3-4 songs total out of all three projects? That's crazy as hell but that's cool

Yeah. You don't even like the Weeknd though right?

Bought the Trilogy, Kissland and Starboy. I'm a fan, great voice and seen him live. I skip probably half of Thursday and Echos. Hated the album with The Hills. I'm an R&B guy though, I listen to mad R&B and Weeknd doesn't have any classics to me. I would consider House of Balloons but I don't play it all the way through.

Yeah. You don't even like the Weeknd though right?

Bought the Trilogy, Kissland and Starboy. I'm a fan, great voice and seen him live. I skip probably half of Thursday and Echos. Hated the album with The Hills. I'm an R&B guy though, I listen to mad R&B and Weeknd doesn't have any classics to me. I would consider House of Balloons but I don't play it all the way through.

My n****... You skip half of Thurday and EOS and you don't even listen to all of HOB. :lol:

Of course you wouldn't consider them classics. I don't even know how you can be fan of his and not **** with his first 3 projects.

Never listened to the entire C4 either. In fact the only thing I remember from C4 is Wayne SPAZZING on the ad libs on the end of She Will.

Son, if you've never listened closely to that joint, peep it. :lol:

In undergrad, me and my ****** used to stay saying
"And she did!
YES... she... did

... I think I love her" whenever we got new cheeks. :lol:

Last edited:
Never listened to the entire C4 either. In fact the only thing I remember from C4 is Wayne SPAZZING on the ad libs on the end of She Will.

Son, if you've never listened closely to that joint, peep it. :lol:

In undergrad, me and my ****** used to stay saying
"And she did!
YES... she... did

... I think I love her" whenever we got new cheeks. :lol:
:lol:

"WELL AWRIGHT WELL AWRIGHT"

I wouldn't call C3 a classic, but I damn sure put it in my "good" projects. Think I can rap every single song on that joint.

Can only repeat 4 tracks off the Carter IV. (Blunt Blowin, She Will, 6 Foot 7 Foot, & How to Love)

HOS, Thursday, and EOS are 3 of the greatest albums i've ever heard. Bonafide classics, all three of them.

I don't think, in my time that i've heard and witnessed such a flawless, symmetrical execution of an aesthetic that bled into the music the way Weeknd did it with those 3 projects. Each project was like a trip into that world.

Had to go back and look through the Trilogy. HOB is a classic for me. I remember being so disappointed with Thursday. I skipped like 4-5 songs on that album but the other 4-5 on that album were dumb good. Then when the third came out, I expected average and it's what I got.

There's a few other R&B albums from that time period I would take over Weeknd though.

Last edited:
Man Joe made this episode a home run.... like everything was comedy!

Graduation vs MBDTF... Graduation wins to me!

And I hate they cut off Jay list before American Gangster... thats a classic to me... Jay has 4!

HOS, Thursday, and EOS are 3 of the greatest albums i've ever heard. Bonafide classics, all three of them.

I don't think, in my time that i've heard and witnessed such a flawless, symmetrical execution of an aesthetic that bled into the music the way Weeknd did it with those 3 projects. Each project was like a trip into that world.

QFT

Edit. Just looked over the tracklist. Only skip Til Dawn and technically that don't count. Only song i don't care for is Glass Table Girls cuz of his struggle rap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom