Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My understanding of the allure of a deal(360) is that it takes a lot of the work(interviews, setting up shows, advertising, studio time etc) out of it. But couldn't building your own team do the same thing?

A lot of these dudes dont have the mindset of doing all that work. It can be done but it rarely is. Why you think all these ****** do is create labels and never any publishing or distribution companies?

Came in to say peak Wale was More about Nothing, Baby and Gunna are clones and Hoodrich PJ is that *****

Why y’all keep saying “wale doing fine” isn’t that up to him? If fam see himself On a bigger level than what he is then so be it.

I **** w bro goals, like always strive for more and to be on a bigger level it’s just the way he goin about it. Just gotta shut up and put up and he hasn’t done that yet...pay whoever u need to pay...do whatever u need to do but don’t cry about it.

Goes to show not every artist wants to be a guy that just gets paid and that’s it...some ppl really wanna be at the top. They want their music heard by everyone....I can understand it.

Why y’all keep saying “wale doing fine” isn’t that up to him? If fam see himself On a bigger level than what he is then so be it.

I **** w bro goals, like always strive for more and to be on a bigger level it’s just the way he goin about it. Just gotta shut up and put up and he hasn’t done that yet...pay whoever u need to pay...do whatever u need to do but don’t cry about it.

Goes to show not every artist wants to be a guy that just gets paid and that’s it...some ppl really wanna be at the top. They want their music heard by everyone....I can understand it.

you complaining about not being on the top wont put you on top

Came in to say peak Wale was More about Nothing, Baby and Gunna are clones and Hoodrich PJ is that *****

Sex kinda lost as a solo artist in terms of what lane he wants to be in. So while I agree Gunna favors him heavy on the voice, current day, their music is completely different word to...

Run thru this cash like family don’t matter
I got yo back, feel the same pain together

:pimp:

you complaining about not being on the top wont put you on top

I'm done with complaining about it, because for some people their failures, adversity or how they feel like the underdog fuels them.

That's just Wale's personality to me. If he needs that to make good music, so be it. I don't really care otherwise.

Not only that...but I'm sure Wale of ALL people knows that talent alone won't get you there. There's a whole HEAP of other **** that goes into being one of the top earners.

I think this is his criticism

I loved Mixtape About Nothing and wanted to like him, especially being a young NTer at the time... but his ego/emo episodes were too much even back then.

I don't think anyone trust streaming or the numbers that come out for any artist.

What's interesting though is tidal is the only streaming service that's constantly slandered and constantly having negative articles wrtitten about it. It's been that way for 3 years now.

That was prolly done for Kanye and Beyoncé due to them sacrificing billions of first week streams by not being on Spotify or Apple Music. They're like 20 times bigger than tidal.

Back
Top Bottom