Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't care about liking an artist.

Too often you'll be disappointed(i.e. Nas or Fab). Because in real life you might like Wale and dislike someone you "like".

As long as it's not extreme where I can't rock with you period, I just care about your music.

Word. Today’s pod was fire my g.

I don't think anyone trust streaming or the numbers that come out for any artist.

What's interesting though is tidal is the only streaming service that's constantly slandered and constantly having negative articles wrtitten about it. It's been that way for 3 years now.

Well what originally got people questioning their numbers was how crazy they looked in comparison to their Subscriber count

Every single last one of their subscribers would've had to have streamed that Kanye album at least 8 times a day, everyday, for 10 days straight to have gotten those numbers :lol:

It's like how a sandwich you see on TV never looks like how it does when you see it in person at Wendy's or McDonald's.

They're trying to get artist to think it's more popular to get exclusives.
And they're trying to get the public to think it's popular so they'll use it.

I think everything about streaming is questionable because it's self reported.

This whole era of people bragging about their song or album being number one is worse than the steroid era. You can't compare yourself to someone in the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's.

There's no effort in picking up your phone and streaming a song.

It's another to hop in your car and drive to your local spot and actually use your money to buy an album, tape or CD. I used to not eat lunch for a day or two to get a new album.

tenor.gif

I loved Mixtape About Nothing and wanted to like him, especially being a young NTer at the time... but his ego/emo episodes were too much even back then.

facts.
dude legit looked like a lame to me after he was on the phone screaming at complex player hating on juicy j who did nothing to him in the first place

Back
Top Bottom