Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Of course it's a lot of clones and clowns in todays hip hop. :lol:

You "Why can't they do it too" "Why pick on him" _'s give it a pass so here we are.

Idea of a pass is dead bro :lol: There is no "passes", the fact that its artists out here with few black fans fully flourishing should tell you enough

Every active _ on this site could hate Pump and it still wouldn't matter because his fans outweigh that. Being hated actually helps these dudes in certain cases, increases their brand awareness

I’m a fan of Cole. Fan of conscious rap, etc.

Most know that I coined the phrase “mumble rap” but, we’re in a different era.

America isn’t as treacherous as it was in the 80s, 90s, 2000s. You have more black families that grew up in the suburbs, sent kids to college, etc.

That struggle we endured in previous decades is different now. Prescription drugs are far more prevalent.

With changing times, come changing music. More black kids went to magnet schools, or diverse, desegregated schools so, audiences and lifestyles are different.

People just need to realize it. We live in a niche country now. Honestly, there’s something for EVERYONE nowadays. You really can be whoever you want nowadays. That’s just the reality.

I wish people would just hang with the crowd they enjoy hanging with, and just ignore the crowd you have no interest in. It’s simple

I’m a fan of Cole. Fan of conscious rap, etc.

Most know that I coined the phrase “mumble rap” but, we’re in a different era.

America isn’t as treacherous as it was in the 80s, 90s, 2000s. You have more black families that grew up in the suburbs, sent kids to college, etc.

That struggle we endured in previous decades is different now. Prescription drugs are far more prevalent.

With changing times, come changing music. More black kids went to magnet schools, or diverse, desegregated schools so, audiences and lifestyles are different.

People just need to realize it. We live in a niche country now. Honestly, there’s something for EVERYONE nowadays. You really can be whoever you want nowadays. That’s just the reality.

I wish people would just hang with the crowd they enjoy hanging with, and just ignore the crowd you have no interest in. It’s simple

giphy.gif

In the past, you were kind of pigeon-holed, to be something that you probably were not.

In the new landscape, it’s more acceptable to be comfortable in your skin. Again, Cole, Kendrick, etc. I am huge fans of both artists. And I understanding their displeasure with most new artists.

But again, no one forces people to tweet, follow, or interact with things they dislike.

I see tons of people complaining in real life and on social media about certain narratives, yet, they entertain the stuff. If I don’t like said artists, said IG Thot or IG comedian, or Twitter/YouTube personality, Colored Haired Rapper, etc. I AM THE FOOL, if I keep looking up their material.

No one is forcing people to open up their phone, and look into this persons lifestyle. You have s choice to ignore them.

Precisely the reason why I disappear from this thread for pages at a time when these new guys get brought up. Couldn't give a damn about a lil pump, twist, flip, poop di scoop, scoop diddy whoop.

But what about lil skies or lil windex :smile:

Idea of a pass is dead bro :lol: There is no "passes", the fact that its artists out here with few black fans fully flourishing should tell you enough

Every active _ on this site could hate Pump and it still wouldn't matter because his fans outweigh that. Being hated actually helps these dudes in certain cases, increases their brand awareness

Like I been saying then let them have their own clown section. You don't have to hate it, you can ignore it but when _'s co-sign or defend it, it's funny to me. :lol:

Like I was telling dude in here when he was caping for 69, let him be a clown and whatever happens to him happens. It is what it is though, I skip over so much BS in here cuz it literally looks like **** Ak would post.

Is this a serious statement or nah :lol:

I was calling Future a mumble rapper on here YEARS ago, patna’. I even tweeted it YEARS ago.

I said he sounded like The Godfather with cotton balls in his mouth. I called the man marble mouth. Again, this was YEARS ago. Sit down somewhere

I was calling Future a mumble rapper on here YEARS ago, patna’. I even tweeted it YEARS ago.

I said he sounded like The Godfather with cotton balls in his mouth. I called the man marble mouth. Again, this was YEARS ago. Sit down somewhere

My guy, you’re a little too hype about all this, it was a real question. You said most know you coined the phrase, it just sounded funny to me cause “most” ain’t reading a random dudes messages on Niketalk :lol:. But you tweeted it too so that makes it official I guess. You got that one bro, seems very important to you

I’m down to not hear about slavery or see another slave movie ever in my life, but if he’s minimizing the effect that slavery & racism had and is having on the US, he’s officially on some clown ****.

Social media of course is running with the Burn at the stake, hottake culture right now so that's what it's become. People are actually taking this as if that is the case.

Ignoring the fact that he has touched on systematic racism his entire career, ignoring the fact that his mom & dad were both activist.... i say that to say i think it should be pretty common knowledge that he knows the effects & repercussions of racism.

He touched on it more in depth in the charlamagne interview & about them throwing harriet on the 20. It's that thought of continually throwing racism in our face as if we haven't reached new heights. He Linked it to Award shows letting artist go on & mention justice & racism all they want & being OK with it. But them being shook if those artist were up there giving information on finances or ownership.

Ever since slavery we've been been treated as if we don't have the capability to surpass that, or if one makes it they're extremely exceptional & it's out of reach. I think he was leaning towards that but people don't GAF about context these days & rather just be angry about something.

:lol: you'd be surprised who be lurking these pages but dudes are too eager to claim they started something

My guy, you’re a little too hype about all this, it was a real question. You said most know you coined the phrase, it just sounded funny to me cause “most” ain’t reading a random dudes messages on Niketalk :lol:. But you tweeted it too so that makes it official I guess. You got that one bro, seems very important to you

First of all, that’s perfectly fine. Blogs/websites/Internet personalities have been siphoning info off NT for years.

You’re the one who read through my entire paragraph, and choice to highlight that one bit. So, who’s it “really” more important to? It might’ve been a vague statement but, we’ve been saying it on NT. And like I said, it’s been discussed for years on here. You “randomly” chose to debate it

First of all, that’s perfectly fine. Blogs/websites/Internet personalities have been siphoning info off NT for years.

You’re the one who read through my entire paragraph, and choice to highlight that one bit. So, who’s it “really” more important to? It might’ve been a vague statement but, we’ve been saying it on NT. And like I said, it’s been discussed for years on here. You “randomly” chose to debate it

I read it and I found it funny. I still find it funny :lol:.

It’s possible someone read your posts and stole it, who knows. But you stating it as absolute fact made me laugh, and I was curious to know the backstory

It’s all good tho, you got that

Social media of course is running with the Burn at the stake, hottake culture right now so that's what it's become. People are actually taking this as if that is the case.

Ignoring the fact that he has touched on systematic racism his entire career, ignoring the fact that his mom & dad were both activist.... i say that to say i think it should be pretty common knowledge that he knows the effects & repercussions of racism.

He touched on it more in depth in the charlamagne interview & about them throwing harriet on the 20. It's that thought of continually throwing racism in our face as if we haven't reached new heights. He Linked it to Award shows letting artist go on & mention justice & racism all they want & being OK with it. But them being shook if those artist were up there giving information on finances or ownership.

Ever since slavery we've been been treated as if we don't have the capability to surpass that, or if one makes it they're extremely exceptional & it's out of reach. I think he was leaning towards that but people don't GAF about context these days & rather just be angry about something.
How would you or anybody know what way he's leaning or what he really means tho? ...we can only go by exactly what he's saying and your mans out chea sounding like a lost fool, dont matter what he said or did in the past he straight wildin right now

We dont know this dude so just sit back and let him look crazy n keep cooking up that attention

Back
Top Bottom