Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How would you or anybody know what way he's leaning or what he really means tho? ...we can only go by exactly what he's saying and your mans out chea sounding like a lost fool, dont matter what he said or did in the past he straight wildin right now

We dont know this dude so just sit back and let him look crazy n keep cooking up that attention

Literally the entire Internet did just that & Called him a self hating ***** for saying i like trump in a tweet... For him to come out in an interview & explain it thouroughly.... & that was that he like what Trumps Presidency represented, a step away from the politically correct & a world where people are stating their true thoughts whether right or wrong. Dude simply liked Trump Strategy & said if he were to run he would run with Trump strategy & more Bernie sanders like policy. But a week ago based off a few Characters he became A republican conservative, based off people's opinions.

I Don't know what he means... I'm making an assumption based off everything i do know that he doesn't think that Actual Plantation/Slavery was a choice.... considering he's talked about the results & effects of it for years. It wouldn't be smart for me to Ignore everything he's said & all the context around it & then run with a minute clip off TMZ.

Social media of course is running with the Burn at the stake, hottake culture right now so that's what it's become. People are actually taking this as if that is the case.

Ignoring the fact that he has touched on systematic racism his entire career, ignoring the fact that his mom & dad were both activist.... i say that to say i think it should be pretty common knowledge that he knows the effects & repercussions of racism.

He touched on it more in depth in the charlamagne interview & about them throwing harriet on the 20. It's that thought of continually throwing racism in our face as if we haven't reached new heights. He Linked it to Award shows letting artist go on & mention justice & racism all they want & being OK with it. But them being shook if those artist were up there giving information on finances or ownership.

Ever since slavery we've been been treated as if we don't have the capability to surpass that, or if one makes it they're extremely exceptional & it's out of reach. I think he was leaning towards that but people don't GAF about context these days & rather just be angry about something.

The sentiment of being tired of hearing about slavery and limitations is pretty common, but that soundbite comes off terrible and sounds like something a typical white racist would say to deny the impact of slavery. His presentation needs work.

Also it’s weird to hear this kind of no limitations rhetoric from a guy who for so long has CLEARLY wanted the approval of white America. This is the same guy who was backstage at the MTV awards cryin about “Can you give a black man a chance!?!?”. Crying about Grammys. Crying about why he doesn’t get as much love as Justin Timberlake. So now this same guy saying he likes Trump, or he likes the way Candace Owens thinks seems like another step in that direction of getting that acceptance he wants so bad.

You look at a guy like Diddy, he’s all on his black renaissance black ownership black excellence ****, and there’s a lot of folks rockin with that movement, and he’s getting zero backlash. Kanye is just saying and doing dumb ****, explaining himself terribly, and supporting clowns, so it’s not really surprising that people tend to ignore what little truth or value he’s giving in any of these interviews (which is very little from what I’ve heard so far) and instead focus on the dumb **** he says.

I gotta see the video and the context but man that **** look ugly :lol:

I just peeped the CTG interview and I thought what he was saying made sense. He like the brashness of Trump and the outsider feeling but his actual political leaning would fall in with somebody like Bernie Sanders.

then he go out and does this :lol::smh:

The sentiment of being tired of hearing about slavery and limitations is pretty common, but that soundbite comes off terrible and sounds like something a typical white racist would say to deny the impact of slavery. His presentation needs work.

Also it’s weird to hear this kind of no limitations rhetoric from a guy who for so long has CLEARLY wanted the approval of white America. This is the same guy who was backstage at the MTV awards cryin about “Can you give a black man a chance!?!?”. Crying about Grammys. Crying about why he doesn’t get as much love as Justin Timberlake. So now this same guy saying he likes Trump, or he likes the way Candace Owens thinks seems like another step in that direction of getting that acceptance he wants so bad.

You look at a guy like Diddy, he’s all on his black renaissance black ownership black excellence ****, and there’s a lot of folks rockin with that movement, and he’s getting zero backlash. Kanye is just saying and doing dumb ****, explaining himself terribly, and supporting clowns, so it’s not really surprising that people tend to ignore what little truth or value he’s giving in any of these interviews (which is very little from what I’ve heard so far) and instead focus on the dumb **** he says.

i agree with some of this, The thing is he has came out in interviews previously & Called himself a slave to those Kind of things & the process of learning how insignificant those awards were. (Not to mention, he's been on record several times Complaining on the behalf of others & how skewed the system is for artist in general. Even when him speaking up for other artist has come as a loss for him).

I **** with the vibe Diddy is On, however it took him A LONG TIME to get to this point. He was trying to break into the high fashion just like Ye, he got stopped at a certain level & just hit with the endorsements. He's Shouting black excellence but A lot of the companies that make him the big Bucks are in partnership with Rich White companies. I don't Consider that a knock at all, in order to build REAL WEALTH at that level you're gonna have to partner with people who are non black because we simply don't own enough YET.

How is What puffs doing by partnering with white folk at Ciroc, or at Revolt, Or in the music business different from what Kanye is Doing at Adidas... You Partner with these bigger companies to build your own personal wealth & then you can REALLY expand on your own.

Also i've wanted to Touch on this "Seeking White Acceptance" discussion for a long time. Because this isn't even distinct to Just Kanye, it happens to damn near every black person who reaches the top. What people call seeking white acceptance, is really Just trying to Reach excellence at the Highest levels.

However we've Been Banned from reaching the pinnacle of success in so many fields, that when we start naming the competition it's only white people. So many industries That we've been skilled at & undecredited, And this ain't only from white people but our very own. Because we don't shape our own narrative.

Outside of Sports & entertainment, what fields Are we predominately Named amongst the greats? **** White people opinion for a second & just think about these answers amongst your black peers, And think about how many black people are listed amongst the top tier greats in these fields.

Fashion, Architecture, Science, Politicians, Lawmakers, Actors, Moguls, Philosophers etc etc.

We Only champion are own people in certain fields.... so when a black person wanders off into something different & demands respect & credit, we claim they want white acceptance. NO they want Acceptance & Credit for their talents as a whole..... & unfortunately we've left that task to be decided by only white people, who don't ever wanna give us our rightful credit.

People who really work at their craft & Love it to that extent aren't trying to be pigeonholed into the good for a black person Role. But again because we don't really champion the excellent work of black people in other fields the way we do entertainment & sports.... The People who get considered Top Tier Are Usually white.

When Kanye started Producing he wanted to be the Best... His Comp was Just Blaze, Premo, Q- tip, Dre etc etc... He worked until He got put in the convo with those guys. All Black Acceptance

When Kanye started Rapping he wanted to be the Best... His comp Jay, Nas, Em, Pac, 3k, Talib etc etc... He worked Until He Got Put in the convo with those guys. All Black Acceptance

Now when Kanye want to go into Design & wants to be the best... His comp is LV, Hermes, Nike etc etc.... Problem now is that those industries Ain't really let to many black people through those Doors.... so the only comp for the time being is White people

When Kanye Talks on being a multi billion dollar mega corporation & Wants To be the best... His comp is Disney, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Murdoch etc etc... Not too many black people have been heralded at those top positions... So the only Comp for the time being is white people.
So I can't sit here & say someone who has dreams of being at the pinnacle of Success & being amongst the greatest to ever do it in their respective fields, Is seeking "white acceptance". These white names are only brought up so often because the playing field hasn't balanced & we're still not awarded the opportunities to change it yet.

Last edited:
Ye's in full scale album mode man. Can't catch a hit so he's overtly rustling jimmies a month before his album drops. Sad considering that he's Kanye west.

i agree with some of this, The thing is he has came out in interviews previously & Called himself a slave to those Kind of things & the process of learning how insignificant those awards were. (Not to mention, he's been on record several times Complaining on the behalf of others & how skewed the system is for artist in general. Even when him speaking up for other artist has come as a loss for him).

I **** with the vibe Diddy is On, however it took him A LONG TIME to get to this point. He was trying to break into the high fashion just like Ye, he got stopped at a certain level & just hit with the endorsements. He's Shouting black excellence but A lot of the companies that make him the big Bucks are in partnership with Rich White companies. I don't Consider that a knock at all, in order to build REAL WEALTH at that level you're gonna have to partner with people who are non black because we simply don't own enough YET.

How is What puffs doing by partnering with white folk at Ciroc, or at Revolt, Or in the music business different from what Kanye is Doing at Adidas... You Partner with these bigger companies to build your own personal wealth & then you can REALLY expand on your own.

Also i've wanted to Touch on this "Seeking White Acceptance" discussion for a long time. Because this isn't even distinct to Just Kanye, it happens to damn near every black person who reaches the top. What people call seeking white acceptance, is really Just trying to Reach excellence at the Highest levels.

However we've Been Banned from reaching the pinnacle of success in so many fields, that when we start naming the competition it's only white people. So many industries That we've been skilled at & undecredited, And this ain't only from white people but our very own. Because we don't shape our own narrative.

Outside of Sports & entertainment, what fields Are we predominately Named amongst the greats? **** White people opinion for a second & just think about these answers amongst your black peers, And think about how many black people are listed amongst the top tier greats in these fields.

Fashion, Architecture, Science, Politicians, Lawmakers, Actors, Moguls, Philosophers etc etc.

We Only champion are own people in certain fields.... so when a black person wanders off into something different & demands respect & credit, we claim they want white acceptance. NO they want Acceptance & Credit for their talents as a whole..... & unfortunately we've left that task to be decided by only white people, who don't ever wanna give us our rightful credit.

I don’t mind Diddy or Ye or whoever partnering with white companies to make bread, that's fine. I don't consider that seeking white acceptance, that's just getting to the money.

But Kanye and the award show **** is the definition of seeking white acceptance. "What people call seeking white acceptance, is really Just trying to Reach excellence at the Highest levels" is flawed when it comes to award shows, because "excellence" is really just an opinion from some random white folks. You really gonna let some random white folks' opinion affect you like that? And the saddest part is that when Kanye was doing all his award show rants he was probably the most poppin name not just in rap culture but pop culture as a whole. That **** was the definition of not knowing your own worth, and needing validation from outside. Why are you crying about this goofy **** that's not stopping your money at all? That's not stopping your hustle? If he chose to not show up at the MTV awards that woulda made THEM look bad, not him.

Contrast how he was acting to how Jay handled himself with the Grammys. Jay recognized they were clowns that didn't properly recognize hip hop so he made that known in a statement and then just stopped going to the award shows altogether until they switched it up. Didn't stop his money or fame at all. He gave them no power. And he's clearly still been able to reach the highest levels. That's what I would consider not seeking white acceptance.

And there's definitely alot of black folks that want white acceptance similar to Kanye, but they shouldn't. It's not necessary for success. Working with white people ≠ seeking white acceptance, there's a difference. But I'm starting to see things changing, I think people are waking up. And I think seeing **** like what Jay and Diddy is on is doing FAR more for black excellence than all this goofy **** Kanye is on at the moment.

Last edited:
I don’t mind Diddy or Ye or whoever partnering with white companies to make bread, that's fine. I don't consider that seeking white acceptance, that's just getting to the money.

But Kanye and the award show **** is the definition of seeking white acceptance. "What people call seeking white acceptance, is really Just trying to Reach excellence at the Highest levels" is flawed when it comes to award shows, because "excellence" is really just an opinion from some random white folks. You really gonna let some random white folks' opinion affect you like that? And the saddest part is that when Kanye was doing all his award show rants he was probably the most poppin name not just in rap culture but pop culture as a whole. That **** was the definition of not knowing your own worth, and needing validation from outside. Why are you crying about this goofy **** that's not stopping your money at all? That's not stopping your hustle? If he chose to not show up at the MTV awards that woulda made THEM look bad, not him.

Contrast how he was acting to how Jay handled himself with the Grammys. Jay recognized they were clowns that didn't properly recognize hip hop so he made that known in a statement and then just stopped going to the award shows altogether until they switched it up. Didn't stop his money or fame at all. He gave them no power. And he's clearly still been able to reach the highest levels. That's what I would consider not seeking white acceptance.

And there's definitely alot of black folks that want white acceptance similar to Kanye, but they shouldn't. It's not necessary for success. Working with white people ≠ seeking white acceptance, there's a difference. But I'm starting to see things changing, I think people are waking up. And I think seeing **** like what Diddy and Jay is on is doing FAR more for black excellence than all this goofy **** Kanye is on at the moment.

Again tho, Kanye has stated in interviews for the past couple of years that he handled those award show situations wrong & was giving more credence to them then necessary. With that said i can't agree that that's wanting "white acceptance" because it's not like the academy only puts stock into those BS awards. We as a culture put power on those awards. Hence the #Oscarssowhite thing from years back... instead of just saying **** it the black community demanded inclusion because they too put some kind of prestige on that award. So if your an artist & you know that a big part of your fans look at Grammy's or VMA's as a form of validation i see why one would then care about them. I think that will continue until WE the black audience completely disregard those kind of awards.

Also Jay is probably my favorite rapper but he's the guy who popularized this #'s don't lie mantra in rap. He Uses sales numbers & records etc etc as a form of validation also. To the point he did a deal with sprint for the MCHG album just for the certification. At the end of the day i think most artist on the mainstream level seek validation. However i think a lot of the major dudes now are starting to usher away from that & do their own thing.

Again tho, Kanye has stated in interviews for the past couple of years that he handled those award show situations wrong & was giving more credence to them then necessary. With that said i can't agree that that's wanting "white acceptance" because it's not like the academy only puts stock into those BS awards. We as a culture put power on those awards. Hence the #Oscarssowhite thing from years back... instead of just saying **** it the black community demanded inclusion because they too put some kind of prestige on that award. So if your an artist & you know that a big part of your fans look at Grammy's or VMA's as a form of validation i see why one would then care about them. I think that will continue until WE the black audience completely disregard those kind of awards.

Also Jay is probably my favorite rapper but he's the guy who popularized this #'s don't lie mantra in rap. He Uses sales numbers & records etc etc as a form of validation also. To the point he did a deal with sprint for the MCHG album just for the certification. At the end of the day i think most artist on the mainstream level seek validation. However i think a lot of the major dudes now are starting to usher away from that & do their own thing.

It's definitely wanting white acceptance, and it's definitely very corny. Whether it's coming from an artist or an actor or a fan. And I can't imagine any real rap fan that actually thinks more or less of any rapper because of a Grammy. Just the idea of that is insane to me. I literally have not a single clue how many Grammys any of the artists I listen to have won, and I couldn't care less.

And for that #oscarssowhite, if folks were just clowning and having fun with it I'm not mad at that, I assumed that's what alot of that was. But for anybody that was angry and took that serious, they gotta get it together. And all that crying that Viola Davis was doing up at the Oscars the next year was embarrassing imo. It was sad really.

Black Panther doesn't need an Oscar, that **** just broke records and made hella bread. It's a success because WE say it's a success. And everybody associated with that film is more poppin now because WE supported. And now, if studios want to make bread moving forward they're likely realizing that they'd be smart to make more movies with majority black casts.

All we gotta do is continue to do dope ****, understand that said **** is dope because WE say it's dope, support said **** monetarily, and everything is gonna be cool. Stop begging white people to like you, **** what they think.

People who really work at their craft & Love it to that extent aren't trying to be pigeonholed into the good for a black person Role. But again because we don't really champion the excellent work of black people in other fields the way we do entertainment & sports.... The People who get considered Top Tier Are Usually white.

When Kanye started Producing he wanted to be the Best... His Comp was Just Blaze, Premo, Q- tip, Dre etc etc... He worked until He got put in the convo with those guys. All Black Acceptance

When Kanye started Rapping he wanted to be the Best... His comp Jay, Nas, Em, Pac, 3k, Talib etc etc... He worked Until He Got Put in the convo with those guys. All Black Acceptance

Now when Kanye want to go into Design & wants to be the best... His comp is LV, Hermes, Nike etc etc.... Problem now is that those industries Ain't really let to many black people through those Doors.... so the only comp for the time being is White people

When Kanye Talks on being a multi billion dollar mega corporation & Wants To be the best... His comp is Disney, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Murdoch etc etc... Not too many black people have been heralded at those top positions... So the only Comp for the time being is white people.
So I can't sit here & say someone who has dreams of being at the pinnacle of Success & being amongst the greatest to ever do it in their respective fields, Is seeking "white acceptance". These white names are only brought up so often because the playing field hasn't balanced & we're still not awarded the opportunities to change it yet.

bruh

Kanye was smart to do a interview with Chatty

because TBC is in 50 something markets and he'll be given a pass and his comments glossed over.

And for someone who is always telling us about race, he sure does mention race a lot when it comes to what he has to deal with and why he's experienced certain situations

Meek riding the “cancel Kanye” wave

Kanye ain’t “die” til post-WTT IMO :smh:

There's now a hashtag trending on twitter #Ifslaverywasachoice.... the same people who were just "upset" about Kanye disrespecting their ancestors & the impact his statements had..... are now online making jokes regarding slavery & oppression.... This is why i can't take none of this **** serious. ****** just wanna slander & laugh, & go back to living the same rsults.

Back
Top Bottom