Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That happened two years ago and I think that was the only time
Hell half the people on that stage wasn’t even from California

I don’t even bother to watch the Lil Wayne video because I feel like it’s going to piss me off about a situation that I don’t think is that deep in the first place

Did people forget Em, Mary and 50 aren't from LA?

I was the only one that mentioned that SB in this thread. No I did not forget.

Did you forget all those acts are associated with Dre? Did you forget Dre was the headliner?

It's cool to not agree. Let's not act like the other POV is idiotic.

If I was referring to you I would have quoted you like I did before.

Did I quote you?

Now calm your *** down.

One show being in LA and using Dr Dre doesn't mean every halftime show should be a regional act.
I agree, but it did seem to set a precedent. That's all.

The following year was in Arizona. As ruched as I would have enjoyed seeing George Benson up there, I understand why a regional approach wasn't taken there and it went to Rihanna

The following year in vegas...Nevada does have active musical acts that may have done okay. But they did pick a guy who was doing a residency (or ending one?) in Vegas. About as close to a regional act as it can get without being one.

I personally understand the initial confusion as to why Wayne wasn't selected. As a name, he fits. For me, his performing abilities is why he lost consideration.

The only thing he said that was valid is that he did this to himself. That spot was never his. He sounds very entitled. Super Bowl ht show is a heavily advertised performance. Apple not putting all that money up to see a washed Wayne perform. It’s as simple as that. Say what you want but Kendrick is a bigger artist and star than lil Wayne. Look at all the past performers. Wayne just isn’t in that category.

I agree, but it did seem to set a precedent. That's all.

The following year was in Arizona. As ruched as I would have enjoyed seeing George Benson up there, I understand why a regional approach wasn't taken there and it went to Rihanna

The following year in vegas...Nevada does have active musical acts that may have done okay. But they did pick a guy who was doing a residency (or ending one?) in Vegas. About as close to a regional act as it can get without being one.
That’s a reach about Vegas and you just gave examples about how no precedent was set. You actually just countered your whole argument.

Only places Usher would've been close to a regional act would've been Dallas or Atlanta,

If we're saying he's close to Vegas than you could say that for countless other icons who have done residencies there over the years. Big names always go there because they get paid big bucks

If we're saying he's close to Vegas than you could say that for countless other icons who have done residencies there over the years. Big names always go there because they get paid big bucks
We absolutely could have included many names for Vegas. With him being active in Vegas at that time, it gives it a little more weight.

That clip makes me a little sad though because I was holding out hope that he'd still make a cameo after all the dust settles since Kendrick is such a big fan.

The fact he felt entitled to it makes me think that he'd look down on an invitation from Kendrick and refuse on some ego ****. Even though you've had guys like Luda, JD, Alicia Keys, H.E.R, MJB, Lil Jon, 50, Em, Snoop and Kendrick himself accepting guest invites in the past

I really don’t think anyone associates usher with Vegas

Precedent is really just the wrong word to use to make your point
Overall, usher is associated with the A. I fully understand. He even made that clear during the performance.

But in that moment, if you saw Usher in the last 12 months or we're planning to see Usher, it was going to be in Vegas. In that moment, usher was fully associated with Vegas. I'm sticking with this one.

Back
Top Bottom