Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

so why did u respond to my post lmfao.
Cuz I'm the only one that said Drake is in the Puff and Dre category.

You were obviously talking about my post.

You just misunderstood one part.

it is ignorant and lazy. rap fans are listening to old *****s from 30 years ago trying to take their word as law.
Like I said you just don't like how it is. Thats more than obvious.

You want something as unique as hip hop to have rap be like every other genre of music where its cool to have song writers. The thing is the main draw for a singer is their voice. Their singing ability. Thats not rap.

If you don't understand why its important for rappers to write their own rhymes and actually think that should be changed you not really a part of the culture. Just a fairweather fan. Probably more in to Drake's look and voice than the actual content of his music or you're so far down the rabbit hole aint no going back.

theres no law.
Its dudes like you that open the doors for record companies to manufacture fake *** acts that are just tools to make money. No real self expression, no introspection, no creativity, etc.
why is it ok for you to get choruses written for you?
Cuz rhyming is about the rhymes. To craft a song is a different thing. Hooks and choruses were put in place to be the stopgap between a ***** spitting hot fire for 4 minutes.
those aren't rhymes?
No not in the conventional sense

or its ok because the old rappers were letting dudes write their choruses 30 years ago?
Nah. Back then dudes who actually wrote their rhymes wrote their hooks if they weren't just samples of somebody singing from what the beat was sampled from.

But in a situation with a group obviously you're not going to always work together to make the hook. Sometimes one ***** came with a hotter hook. Its just the hook.

Its not the same thing as verses. You should know that.

I also like how u ignored everything I posted. lol
What did I ignore? I didn't press play on ya vid so I ignored that.

What exactly is "he had help"? :lol:

Like bruh, if we talking about a track thats just one artist; the verses, the hook/chorus, bridge and nobody else on it but the credits got 3-5 extra names on several tracks like that we know the deal.

I'll say it like this, if a ***** need help he don't got the same credibility. If you a fan of that fugazi **** just say so.

I'll also recommend you watch the Word is Bond doc.

Last edited:
Choruses aren't a valid point, that's a dumb *** point. Mad beats come with hooks from the producer or a label mate. I don't know how old y'all are but no one gives a **** if you write your hook, those aren't bars. **** don't matter.

SUPPOSEDLY he wrote a song for AK and for Puff. That was years ago. PND has confirmed that he's writing for him so why in the hell would Drake be writing for him? You said to name a few, please name a few more.

Choruses don’t matter? That’s what makes the song take off :lol:

Can’t pick and choose when it matters, if someone isn’t writing 100% of their song, it’s valid to fall into the conversation period

Can’t pick and choose when it matters, if someone isn’t writing 100% of their song, it’s valid to fall into the conversation period

What? I'm saying it doesn't matter if you write your hook or not. You're not putting your lyrical skill on display for a ****in hook. 90% of hooks are filler or catchy. Pac and Nas are my favorite rappers, I wouldn't give a **** if they said they didn't write 50% of their hooks. Those aren't bars, they're not 32s or 64s. It's been known for years that artists don't write all of their hooks.

You'd be a moron if you thought Beanie Sigel wrote every hook on The Truth or Jadakiss wrote every hook on Kiss Tha Game Goodbye or Jay wrote every hook on Vol 1.

Pharrell and Swizz Beatz and Timbaland were giving away mad beats with hooks on them.

What? I'm saying it doesn't matter if you write your hook or not. You're not putting your lyrical skill on display for a ****in hook. 90% of hooks are filler or catchy. Pac and Nas are my favorite rappers, I wouldn't give a **** if they said they didn't write 50% of their hooks. Those aren't bars, they're not 32s or 64s. It's been known for years that artists don't write all of their hooks.

You'd be a moron if you thought Beanie Sigel wrote every hook on The Truth or Jadakiss wrote every hook on Kiss Tha Game Goodbye or Jay wrote every hook on Vol 1.

I’m asking you how does that not fall into the conversation, getting help is getting help...writing credits still are given out

I’m asking you how does that not fall into the conversation, getting help is getting help...writing credits still are given out

Cause you not ****in battling hooks, you battle verses and bars. You not saying yo son my chorus way hotter than yours yo. No one gives a **** about hooks when it comes to lyrics. You ever seen people battle rap and they're rapping or signing hooks?

Hooks are done by the artist, sampled vocal, producer already laid it, a singer, a feature. I don't know how much clearer I can explain it. It's always been like this. This isn't news.

Cause you not ****in battling hooks, you battle verses and bars. You not saying yo son my chorus way hotter than yours yo. No one gives a **** about hooks when it comes to lyrics. You ever seen people battle rap and they're rapping or signing hooks?

Battle rap =/= song structure

You got help with any sequence of the song = you got help, someones getting compensated for that, you have writers helping you create songs, period

Ain’t no debate about that

lol dawg I can do this all day, im bringing straight facts.

what songs did dr Dre write for others?

what songs did puff daddy write for others?

Choruses matter to the song's success.

The rhymes are the expression of the artist.
"hooks aren't rhymes" lmaooo
tenor.gif

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif

Entire songs are built off hooks, but somehow they don’t matter

That doesn’t make sense

You're talking about getting help with a song.

Not writing your own rhymes.

Why does that matter?

You think Drake writing a song for someone else excuses that ppl write his rhymes? :lol:

FTR, both Dre and Puff craft entire songs and executive produce albums over their careers. That don't excuse that they don't write their own rhymes :lol:

You claim you got facts but these are nothing but logical fallacies. Flawed arguments to cover up this defense for Drake.

You're talking about getting help with a song.

Not writing your own rhymes.

Why does that matter?

You think Drake writing a song for someone else excuses that ppl write his rhymes? :lol:

FTR, both Dre and Puff craft entire songs and executive produce albums over their careers. That don't excuse that they don't write their own rhymes :lol:

You claim you got facts but these are nothing but logical fallacies. Flawed arguments to cover up this defense for Drake.

Entire songs are built off hooks, but somehow they don’t matter

That doesn’t make sense
Well first we gotta make the distinction between songs and lyricism.

That seems to be the problem a few of you are having.

Like you think the hook on One Love are equal to the verses?

Y'all are talking like you don't see the difference between a couple bars repeated over and over in between 16 bars of rhymes.

Now if most of you are just admitting you care more about hooks and choruses than the verses we can stop right here. Doesn't even make sense why you'd defend Drake since you feel the hook is equal. I mean we ain't talking about singles that make it on billboard.

Well first we gotta make the distinction between songs and lyricism.

That seems to be the problem a few of you are having.

Like you think the hook on One Love are equal to the verses?

Y'all are talking like you don't see the difference between a couple bars repeated over and over in between 16 bars of rhymes.

Now if most of you are just admitting you care more about hooks and choruses than the verses we can stop right here. Doesn't even make sense why you'd defend Drake since you feel the hook is equal. I mean we ain't talking about singles that make it on billboard.

But artists aren’t dropping albums with 15 songs and no hooks, they put just as much stock into their verses as they do choruses, whats a good lyrical song if the chrous is trash? and vice versa

But to downplay like next to every artist doesn’t get help at some point (my main point) is hypocritical, when the only argument you have to stand on is “choruses don’t matter”

If choruses didn’t matter these artists wouldn’t be reaching out to get help with them, they’d just leave it blank or put whatever there

I like how ****** was quiet as a church mouse about the songs written for other artists lmao

first...they not rap songs tho

*posts rap songs

then...that was a long time ago

*posts newer songs

BUT HOOKS DONT MATTER :lol:

Back
Top Bottom