RACISM IN SPORTS

genuine? that **** was as genuine as the nikes my dad bought me from the flea market.

she's only sorry that the conversation was recorded and leaked. you telling me that magically in 24 hours her position on maria taylor changed?

**** RACHEL NICHOLS

No need for the edited profanities. Out of all the apologies for racism I've heard this sounded the most genuine. She didn't bring up ambien, diabetes or none of that. She should have said less though.

No need for the edited profanities. Out of all the apologies for racism I've heard this sounded the most genuine. She didn't bring up ambien, diabetes or none of that. She should have said less though.
If she said *less her apology would be 10 seconds

Last edited:
Rachel Nichols is a typical white woman down for the cause in front of the cameras. But once them cameras are off the "true" Rachel emerges. I much preferred Michelle Beadle over Rachel, before they let her go.

Stephen Jackson had da biscuit crumbs flowing.

L4bnFSK.gif

Bro Your Avy Be Having Me Thinking Dwalk Account Got Hacked :lol:

i'm not trynna come down your road or antagonize you but how can an apology about racism be sincere if the perpetrator has done no work to understand the impact of their actions or how their comments are rooted in very institutional discrimination that benefits people of their racial group? rachel nichols' "apology" is equivalent to telling two elementary school kids to make up and shake hands after fighting and just leaving it at that. hopefully this doesn't negatively impact Maria Taylor or other black women in the industry. this goes beyond ESPN, this false notion of just being the "diversity" hire is pervasive and can have impacts on marginalized peoples' perception of self and whether or not they're truly qualified for positions. whereas white men and women like rachel feel entitled (as was blatantly obvious in her recorded conversation)

and if rachel said any less, then she would've said nothing at all.

Most of her “apology” was saying how she didn’t want to do it at all. Y’all gotta be kidding me with the “sincere” talk. Like a thief getting caught saying he’d never do it again

Wonder what Sage Steele thinks about all this. Steele is perfect for “them”. Not too black, Not too white. Malika has a lot of potential. She has the perfect vibe to make it. Black valley chick. Occurred to to me why you don’t see too many black women with natural hair in the industry. For some reason it’s a turn off for white demographic. Deemed too “urban”

What about what she said was too much? Should she had said nothing?

I meant 10 seconds was saying too little.

I just think it was drawn out. Like someone said earlier when it comes to apologies the more you say, the more ammo you give people to attack your apology.

Again, not sure what the magic number is.

I just think it was drawn out. Like someone said earlier when it comes to apologies the more you say, the more ammo you give people to attack your apology.

Has nothing to do with time more so saying nothing and the timing of it. What was she going to do? Say nothing? She was caught. If she wasn’t caught what would she be doing now?

I’m not attacking you, I’m just stating the reality of the situation.

Most of her “apology” was saying how she didn’t want to do it at all. Y’all gotta be kidding me with the “sincere” talk. Like a thief getting caught saying he’d never do it again

donald sterling felt sincerely sorry when his tape leaked.. but he wasn't sorry about being a racist.

Has nothing to do with time more so saying nothing and the timing of it. What was she going to do? Say nothing? She was caught. If she wasn’t caught what would she be doing now?

I’m not attacking you, I’m just stating the reality of the situation.

Again I'm not sure what you're reading I never said she should "say nothing".

No matter what she says people will react how they are going to react. So it will serve her well to keep it shorter than longer. But not 10 seconds. Again not sure what the magic number is. :rofl:

Last edited:
Again I'm not sure what you're reading I never said she should "say nothing".

No matter what she says people will react how they are going to react. So it will serve her well to keep it shorter than longer. But not 10 seconds. Again not sure what the magic number is. :rofl:
Naw that’s a cop out response. When an apology starts with “I shouldn’t even do this right now” it’s not an apology. She spent a year and change hyping up her love for BLM and turns out was just faking it all to “apologize” for 5 seconds. 4 of which were about not wanting to apologize right now.

Naw that’s a cop out response. When an apology starts with “I shouldn’t even do this right now” it’s not an apology. She spent a year and change hyping up her love for BLM and turns out was just faking it all to “apologize” for 5 seconds. 4 of which were about not wanting to apologize right now.

So how should she apologize then? Like I said it doesn't matter how she apologizes people will attack her anyway. That's why she should lean toward the shorter end of verbiage., but not 5 seconds.:lol:

Either she should get suspended if anything to send a message. There are all sorts of bigots in blm, but they are still as a collective better people than MAGAs.

So how should she apologize then? Like I said it doesn't matter how she apologizes people will attack her anyway. That's why she should lean toward the shorter end of verbiage., but not 5 seconds.:lol:

Either she should get suspended if anything to send a message. There are all sorts of bigots in blm, but they are still as a collective better people than MAGAs.
How about apologize to begin with? She didn’t even address half the stuff she said. All she did was mention Maria Taylor actually does work hard. That was a sidestep to everything mentioned.

As to the bolded…… you gotta come with some facts for that. I’m genuinely asking

Do you think anything she said warranted an apology?

Back
Top Bottom