RACISM IN SPORTS

https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_210628072259-01-gwendolyn-berry-olympic-trials-210626.jpg

"My purpose and my mission is bigger than sports,'' Berry said. "I'm here to represent those ... who died due to systemic racism. That's the important part. That's why I'm going. That's why I'm here today.''

On this episode of “The Rematch,” Etan Thomas is joined by 9-year NBA veteran Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf. They discuss his journey, people comparing his game to Stephen Curry’s, his experience playing with Shaquille O’Neal in college, getting blackballed from the NBA, the backlash he received, his respect for today's athlete activists and much more.

just caught up on this story (posted link of where I read, I know it was posted above) this the **** that can give me trust issues. I won't fall down the hole in believing all white folks are liars/trash/etc. but life has taught me in recent years people aren't always what they seem and it is critical to keep your lawn short because there are wild snakes out there in the workplace.

i never really had much of an opinion of nichols other than looks. it looks bad, but I'm not surprised given the (I'm assuming) competitive nature of broadcast television. rachel hypocritical af with this. interested to see/hear jemele hill's take on this.

bron too.

Something suspicious going on here

it’s outrageous and egregious that the IOC is attempting to define what it means to be a “woman” in 2021 and barely anyone gives a damn

the way the IOC has policed Black women and their bodies while attempting to silence athletes’ political stances, i’m leaning on the side of **** the olympics from here on out

Funny she acknowledged that she has benefited from "affirmative action" but now she seems to have an issue with it.

to think that this creature has made an entire career out of reporting on Black athletes while feeling this way towards the Black folk in her industry. can’t wait to see what ******** press release she puts out to explain her microaggressive racism.

hope NBA players stop giving her their time and refuse to do interviews with her. ESPN needs to let go of her so she can write full time for parler

Back
Top Bottom