R.I.P Trayvon

I'm so sad at what is being lost here in the coverage of the Zimmerman trial.  

When Zimmerman goes to jail, it will be the unfortunate loss of two lives, his and Trayvon Martin.  And the guilty party is really onerous gun laws in that state. 

If you believe Zimmerman, you are inclined to believe that he thought Trayvon Martin was a threat, and was possibly afraid of him

If you believe the prosecutor, Zimmerman was a profiling, hate-monger who singled out a black person to target.

Either way, I think a majority of the population would agree, what Zimmerman is not: courageous.  He chose to engage in a situation that ultimately ended up in a loss of life because his firearm made him cocksure in his aggression that he would be able to at least use deadly force.  Maybe I'm being naive, but I truly believe that if Zimmerman did not have a gun, he would've lacked the gusto to confront what he perceived as a threat, thus the confrontation would never have happened and at worst that night would've ended up in Trayvon Martin being picked up by the police for questioning.

But, you know, this is America, so god forbid we attempt to begin an open dialogue about limitations on death-dealing firepower, lest we get vehemently shouted down by the right.
When your nose is busted and you're getting your head slammed on the concrete it's easy to consider the person doing that to you a threat.

When Zimmerman goes to jail, it will be the unfortunate loss of two lives, his and Trayvon Martin.  And the guilty party is really onerous gun laws in that state. 

If you believe Zimmerman, you are inclined to believe that he thought Trayvon Martin was a threat, and was possibly afraid of him

If you believe the prosecutor, Zimmerman was a profiling, hate-monger who singled out a black person to target.

Either way, I think a majority of the population would agree, what Zimmerman is not: courageous.  He chose to engage in a situation that ultimately ended up in a loss of life because his firearm made him cocksure in his aggression that he would be able to at least use deadly force.  Maybe I'm being naive, but I truly believe that if Zimmerman did not have a gun, he would've lacked the gusto to confront what he perceived as a threat, thus the confrontation would never have happened and at worst that night would've ended up in Trayvon Martin being picked up by the police for questioning.

But, you know, this is America, so god forbid we attempt to begin an open dialogue about limitations on death-dealing firepower, lest we get vehemently shouted down by the right.
When your nose is busted and you're getting your head slammed on the concrete it's easy to consider the person doing that to you a threat.
Did you even bother to consider all events beforehand that led up to that on George Zimmerman's end??

Edit--
All, I'm saying is, sans-firearm, he would've kept a safe distance and limited his involvement to remaining on the line with emergency line operator.
Agreed.  George Zimmerman's MMA trainer described George as a "weak individual".  With that being said, a "weak individual" with a concealed weapon by their side is not a winning combination. 

Last edited:
^^ (NOBODY) Either you didn't read my post entirely, or clearly missed the point of it.

All, I'm saying is, sans-firearm, he would've kept a safe distance and limited his involvement to remaining on the line with emergency line operator.

Last edited:
^^ (NOBODY) Either you didn't read my post entirely, or clearly missed the point of it.

I concede that.

Did you even bother to consider all events beforehand that led up to that on George Zimmerman's end??

pretty much. All we have is Zimmerman's story. For all we know Zims couldve approached TM calling him the n word and slapped him. We only have 1 person to go by

Dudes talking about meeting up and fighting? :lol:

How does that even work?

"Yo... you SFWarriors35?"
I dunno. It gotta be even more awkward than internet dating.

just cause ur bankrupt doesnt mean ur broke........... people get those things confused
valid point but more times than not those things go handin hand. Casey Anthony may be free but ahe's probably struggling financially

Zimmerman is in a different situation though. He has received a significant amount of financial support from people who believe he was right in his actions.

The real benefactors from trials like these are the lawyers. If Zimmerman gets off West and O'Mara are going to be very much in demand.

Either way, I think a majority of the population would agree, what Zimmerman is not: courageous.  He chose to engage in a situation that ultimately ended up in a loss of life because his firearm made him cocksure in his aggression that he would be able to at least use deadly force.  Maybe I'm being naive, but I truly believe that if Zimmerman did not have a gun (hell, even if he didn't have the legal shield of a BS stand-your-ground law), he would've lacked the gusto to confront what he perceived as a threat, thus the confrontation would never have happened and at worst that night would've ended up in Trayvon Martin being picked up by the police for questioning.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno. It gotta be even more awkward than internet dating.
valid point but more times than not those things go handin hand. Casey Anthony may be free but ahe's probably struggling financially

Zimmerman is in a different situation though. He has received a significant amount of financial support from people who believe he was right in his actions.

The real benefactors from trials like these are the lawyers. If Zimmerman gets off West and O'Mara are going to be very much in demand.

Wtf y'all are getting if twisted I never wanted to meet this fool .
I'm not about that life sorry

This thread is steering in a totally different direction :smh:

Didn't Trayvon's father live in that gated community? If so that should make Zimmerman look even more guilty.Or maybe I'm just missing something

This thread is steering in a totally different direction :smh:

Didn't Trayvon's father live in that gated community? If so that should make Zimmerman look even more guilty.Or maybe I'm just missing something

Nah you didn't miss anything. Although his father lived there, because he had on a hoodie and GZ has never seen him, he was "suspicious" and didn't have the right to be there.
What's crazy is, even if he didn't have on a hoodie, GZ still wouldn't have recognized TM and the incident would have probably still happened. Hoodie or no hoodie.

No that means you lost a fight. One that you started. This isn't Spartacus.

Once he pulled the gun, he didn't have to use it. He said Trayvon grabbed for the gun, which wasn't the case

He could have let Trayvon go on his way at that point and he could have gone home and cried himself to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom