Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha that´s a new one.

I think ¨Mars¨ already fits the Roman Gods theme that Earth somehow got left out of but how´s ¨Vulcan?¨

if we´re rearranging things tho, ¨Ceres¨ is a bs rock in the Asteroid Belt, would be better for current ¨Neptune.¨

Girl Thats Jules Girl Thats Jules

“I'm atheist but you shouldn't speak about his religion that way, that seems hateful to me.

Why do you bully people who don't agree with you?

You feed into this white-power machine as well when you're buying sneakers and posting online. It's all part of the materialism that this country you disapprove of thrives on.”

Do you really want to talk about bullying? Do you really want to talk about hate? Do you really, truly want to talk about the white power machine?

Let's go, right here. This is indeed the thread for it.

Yea, you're a hateful bully and that pretty much sums it up. You're no different than those you despise.
But you are supposedly an atheist, so why do you care? If you are an atheist, then you know who caused all of this in the first place, but obviously you are attempting to protect the sanctity of christian belief, through the thought that anyone who wishes to fight against oppression, is somehow hateful. So pardon me for seeing your stance as nothing but phony, and quite hypocritical. So in light of your observations, I consider what you've said to be a compliment. So, Thank You again.

Last edited:
If man is indeed the creator, all powerful, everything made in HIS image? Why does he need a woman in order to get to this plane of existence?

Arabia

Allat is the feminine version of the name Allah. It may be a title, not a name. She is a pre-Islamic spirit who was once among the primary deities venerated at Mecca. Allat, Al Uzza, and Menat are the trinity of goddesses mentioned in the Koran. They are the subject of the so-called “satanic verses,” which originally allowed prayers of intercession to be directed to the three Pagan goddesses. The Prophet Muhammed eventually retracted those verses. The incident was the inspiration for Salman Rushdie’s controversial 1988 novel The Satanic Verses.

Allat is a spirit of abundance with dominion over human reproduction.

Allat was popular throughout Northern Arabia and in Syria. Her chief sanctuary was at Ta’if, near Mecca, where she was venerated in the form of a large, unhewn block of white granite. Women ritualistically circled her rock, naked, expecting Allat to hear and grant their petitions. Allat was venerated by the Nabataeans at Petra in the form of a four-sided stone, and by the people of Hatra, capital of the first Arab kingdom, now in Iraq. She may have had dominion over trade routes, protecting those who traveled them.

She was identified with Athena and Minerva, but Herodotus compared her to Aphrodite.

aṭ-Ṭāʾif (near Mecca) was held sacred as part of her cult. Two other North Arabian goddesses, Manāt (Fate) and al-ʿUzzā (Strong), were associated with al-Lāt in the Qurʾān (Islāmic sacred scriptures). The Prophet Muḥammad once recognized these three as goddesses, but a new revelation led him to abrogate the approving verses he had earlier recited and to abandon his attempt to placate Meccan pagans. Members of the tribe of Quraysh circumambulated the Kaʿbah in Mecca (now a central shrine of Islām in Mecca’s al-Ḥaram mosque) chanting the praises of al-Lāt, al-ʿUzzā, and Manāt. Each of the three had main sanctuaries near Mecca that were sites of pious visits and offerings until Muḥammad ordered them destroyed. The goddesses were also worshipped by various Arab tribes located as far away as Palmyra, Syria.

ahat ahat

Now, I have posted these as a historical perspective, not one to circumvent faith. Just like with the bible not to be taken literally against actual historical events, as we do know that the world is indeed more than 3000 years old and the earth isn't flat, all religions have an earthly historical origin.

1595683400866.png

Arabia

Allat is the feminine version of the name Allah. It may be a title, not a name. She is a pre-Islamic spirit who was once among the primary deities venerated at Mecca. Allat, Al Uzza, and Menat are the trinity of goddesses mentioned in the Koran. They are the subject of the so-called “satanic verses,” which originally allowed prayers of intercession to be directed to the three Pagan goddesses. The Prophet Muhammed eventually retracted those verses. The incident was the inspiration for Salman Rushdie’s controversial 1988 novel The Satanic Verses.

Allat is a spirit of abundance with dominion over human reproduction.

Allat was popular throughout Northern Arabia and in Syria. Her chief sanctuary was at Ta’if, near Mecca, where she was venerated in the form of a large, unhewn block of white granite. Women ritualistically circled her rock, naked, expecting Allat to hear and grant their petitions. Allat was venerated by the Nabataeans at Petra in the form of a four-sided stone, and by the people of Hatra, capital of the first Arab kingdom, now in Iraq. She may have had dominion over trade routes, protecting those who traveled them.

She was identified with Athena and Minerva, but Herodotus compared her to Aphrodite.

aṭ-Ṭāʾif (near Mecca) was held sacred as part of her cult. Two other North Arabian goddesses, Manāt (Fate) and al-ʿUzzā (Strong), were associated with al-Lāt in the Qurʾān (Islāmic sacred scriptures). The Prophet Muḥammad once recognized these three as goddesses, but a new revelation led him to abrogate the approving verses he had earlier recited and to abandon his attempt to placate Meccan pagans. Members of the tribe of Quraysh circumambulated the Kaʿbah in Mecca (now a central shrine of Islām in Mecca’s al-Ḥaram mosque) chanting the praises of al-Lāt, al-ʿUzzā, and Manāt. Each of the three had main sanctuaries near Mecca that were sites of pious visits and offerings until Muḥammad ordered them destroyed. The goddesses were also worshipped by various Arab tribes located as far away as Palmyra, Syria.

ahat ahat

Now, I have posted these as a historical perspective, not one to circumvent faith. Just like with the bible not to be taken literally against actual historical events, as we do know that the world is indeed more than 3000 years old and the earth isn't flat, all religions have an earthly historical origin.

1595683400866.png
Yes, ive read about Al-Lat, Al-Mannat and Al-Uzza.

My only disagreement with your post in the other thread is where you said Allah swt was co-opted from Al-Lat.

How can Al-Lat be the feminine version of Allah if Allah is genderless?

But you are supposedly an atheist, so why do you care? If you are an atheist, then you know who caused all of this in the first place, but obviously you are attempting to protect the sanctity of christian belief, through the thought that anyone who wishes to fight against oppression, is somehow hateful. So pardon me for seeing your stance as nothing but phony, and quite hypocritical. So in light of your observations, I consider what you've said to be a compliment. So, Thank You again.

I'm atheist, but I want to protect all religions and all people's right to worship.

You're a bigot, I'm done wasting my time with a miserable person like you.

Yes, ive read about Al-Lat, Al-Mannat and Al-Uzza.

My only disagreement with your post in the other thread is where you said Allah swt was co-opted from Al-Lat.

How can Al-Lat be the feminine version of Allah if Allah is genderless?
Did you know that the three main religions all worship the same deity? In christianity he is called god the father. It is said that way in Judaism as well, so how can this deity be genderless if it is said that way in Islam as well?

Educate me.

Yaweh is a Male deity, and in Christianity, he is the Father of Jesus.

Did you know that the three main religions all worship the same deity? In christianity he is called god the father. It is said that way in Judaism as well, so how can this deity be genderless if it is said that way in Islam as well?

Educate me.

Yaweh is a Male deity, and in Christianity, he is the Father of Jesus.
There are many similarities between the 3 but they arent the totally the same. A difference is in Christianity they choose to identify God, give a physical form or shape to God. In Islam Allah is not revealed, nor depicted.

You know that in Arabic the prefix "Al" means "The"? Allah originated from Al-Ilah which means The God, not from Al-Lat.

There are many similarities between the 3 but they arent the totally the same. A difference is in Christianity they choose to identify God, give a physical form or shape to God. In Islam Allah is not revealed, nor depicted.

You know that in Arabic the prefix "Al" means "The"? Allah originated from Al-Ilah which means The God, not from Al-Lat.

Which is the oldest of the three religions?

Yahweh[a] was the national god of the kingdoms of Israel (Samaria) and Judah,[1] with origins reaching at least to the early Iron Age and apparently to the Late Bronze Age.[2] In the oldest biblical literature he is a storm-and-warrior deity[3] who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies;[4] at that time the Israelites worshipped him alongside a variety of Canaanite gods and goddesses, including El, Asherah and Baal,[5] but in later centuries El and Yahweh became conflated and El-linked epithets such as El Shaddai came to be applied to Yahweh alone,[6] and other gods and goddesses such as Baal and Asherah were absorbed into the Yahwistic religion.[7]

From the 9th into the 6th centuries BCE the Yahwistic religion separated itself from its Canaanite heritage as Yahweh became the main god of the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) and of Judah,[8] and over time the royal court and Temple in Jerusalem promoted Yahweh as the god of the entire cosmos, possessing all the positive qualities previously attributed to the other gods and goddesses.[9][10] By the end of the Babylonian captivity (6th century BCE), the very existence of foreign gods was denied, and Yahweh was proclaimed as the creator of the cosmos and the one true God of all the world.[10]

During the Second Temple period, speaking the name of Yahweh in public became regarded as taboo.[11] Jews began to substitute the divine name with the word adonai (אֲדֹנָי‬), meaning "Lord", and after the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE the original pronunciation was forgotten.[12] Outside Judaism, Yahweh was frequently invoked in Graeco-Roman magical texts from the 2nd century BCE to the 5th century CE [13] under the names Iao, Adonai, Sabaoth, and Eloai.[14]

Yahweh and the rise of monotheism
Pre-exilic Israel, like its neighbours, was polytheistic,[67] and Israelite monotheism was the result of unique historical circumstances.[68] The original god of Israel was El, as the name demonstrates[69]—its probable meaning is "may El rule" or some other sentence-form involving the name of El.[70] In the early tribal period, each tribe would have had its own patron god; when kingship emerged, the state promoted Yahweh as the national god of Israel, supreme over the other gods, and gradually Yahweh absorbed all the positive traits of the other gods and goddesses.[10] Yahweh and El merged at religious centres such as Shechem, Shiloh and Jerusalem,[71] with El's name becoming a generic term for "god" and Yahweh, the national god, appropriating many of the older supreme god's titles such as El Shaddai (Almighty) and Elyon (Most High).[72]

Asherah, formerly the wife of El, was worshipped as Yahweh's consort[73] or mother;[74] potsherds discovered at Khirbet el-Kôm and Kuntillet Ajrûd make reference to "Yahweh and his Asherah",[75][76] and various biblical passages indicate that her statues were kept in his temples in Jerusalem, Bethel, and Samaria.[77][78] Yahweh may also have appropriated Anat, the wife of Baal, as his consort, as Anat-Yahu ("Anat of Yahu", i.e., Yahweh) is mentioned in 5th century BCE records from the Jewish colony at Elephantine in Egypt.[79] A goddess called the Queen of Heaven was also worshipped, probably a fusion of Astarte and the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar,[77] possibly a title of Asherah.[80] Worship of Baal and Yahweh coexisted in the early period of Israel's history, but they were considered irreconcilable after the 9th century BCE, following the efforts of King Ahab and his queen Jezebel to elevate Baal to the status of national god,[81] although the cult of Baal did continue for some time.[82]

The worship of Yahweh alone began at the earliest with Elijah in the 9th century BCE, but more likely with the prophet Hosea in the 8th; even then it remained the concern of a small party before gaining ascendancy in the Babylonian exile and early post-exilic period.[67] The early supporters of this faction are widely regarded as being monolatrists rather than true monotheists;[83] they did not believe Yahweh was the only god in existence, but instead believed he was the only god the people of Israel should worship.[84] Finally, in the national crisis of the exile, the followers of Yahweh went a step further and outright denied that the other deities aside from Yahweh even existed, thus marking the transition from monolatrism to true monotheism.[10]

Well there is a difference in thinking ppl have a right to worship and thinking religions should exist.

As an atheist I look at any given religion the same as a flat earther or Qanon. Fine go ahead and believe it if you wanna but I don't agree you should exist... but since they do go ahead and do you.

Well there is a difference in thinking ppl have a right to worship and thinking religions should exist.

As an atheist I look at any given religion the same as a flat earther or Qanon. Fine go ahead and believe it if you wanna but I don't agree you should exist... but since they do go ahead and do you.
I get that, but when the issue is oppression, and what that means politically?

I just took in who wrote the article you cited :lol:

Now its valid using articles and information written by white people huh

:lol: :lol:

Seriously bro some william muir irish from 1885 talking about Islam. Go wash ur face

You literally, i promise you, have no idea what you're talking about.

take your garbage articles and go live. Stop spreading bs articles that you used to teach yourself how to live a truly devoid life.
My life is pretty fantastic, especially since I am willing to learn about the world and its origins.

BTW, if man is so powerful, why does he need women in order to get here? You are Jewish, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom