Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

smh.gif
This dude is a girl

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Marbury's response..

NEW YORK (AP) - With his career in New York seemingly finished, Knicks guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni a day before he was to meet with team president Donnie Walsh about a possible buyout, the New York Post reported in Monday's edition.

Walsh suspended Marbury for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said Marbury refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit. The Knicks also docked his pay from that night, with the penalties costing Marbury nearly $400,000.

"I sat there for three weeks and didn't say one word," Marbury told The Post. "I didn't hear one of my teammates say, `Why isn't Stephon Marbury playing? This is a good system for him, even to play with the second unit and bring more firepower.'

"When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, `I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished. They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

Marbury isn't part of D'Antoni's plans and has been on the inactive list most of the season. However, D'Antoni twice asked Marbury if he would play when the Knicks were undermanned.
"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury said. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in (Danilo) Gallinari, whose back is messed up and (who) didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me (in the season opener). ... That's saying, `I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me."

Walsh has said he's opposed to buyouts and agreed that it's difficult to trade Marbury because of his salary of approximately $21 million.

"He (D'Antoni) knew I was in my contract year and did everything they asked me to do. He's not trying to help me. He's trying to hurt me," Marbury said.

Marbury agreed to suit up last Friday night in Milwaukee so the Knicks would have the league-mandated eight players in uniform, but declined D'Antoni's offer before the game to take some available minutes.

D'Antoni and Walsh didn't feel that was insubordination, but Walsh believed he had to act this time, when Marbury turned D'Antoni down after guards Nate Robinson and Cuttino Mobley were unavailable in the second game of a back-to-back.

"He suspended me without hearing both sides," Marbury said. "That wasn't fair. He took it upon himself to fine me without even speaking to me."

The players' association plans to file a grievance because Marbury insists he never refused to play.
"Mike gave the option to play," he said. "He couldn't come to me man to man and say, `You have to play.' It was an option."

CHUUCH!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
. It is kinda funny of Steph to yearn for the support of his teammates now, but back in the day, the Knicks roster would be Steph +14 other guys.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

The Knicks left him hanging...he had every right to be upset and do what he did.

I understand what your saying, but at the end of the day he's getting paid millions by the Knicks to do a job. If they want you on the bench then you stayon the bench, when they want you to play you play. That being said, both sides have been wrong in this situation and it just really needs to be done withalready.

"Mike gave the option to play," he said. "He couldn't come to me man to man and say, `You have to play.' It was an option."

Something about this quote doesn't seem right...

think.gif

Marbury needs someone to FORCE him to play?

He can't take it on himself to realize that his team needs him to play?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by yungmatt

smh.gif
This dude is a girl
How so?

The Knicks left him hanging...he had every right to be upset and do what he did.

Im not going to get into this again
laugh.gif

If you see no female tendencies with Steph then more power to you. I have seen them since he was in Minnesota

"I didn't hear one of my teammates say, `Why isn't Stephon Marbury playing?
Uhhh...cause they don't like you...get a clue.

...I'm amazed some of yall could still defend him after our team leader came out and said what he had to say.

But I guess that holds no weight just cause Q isn't as talented as he used to be.
laugh.gif

and did everything they asked me to do.
here we go with this...

fool, you are a professional athlete it is your job to get in shape.

That is not something you are rewarded for. It is expected.

when i see the idiot has spoken out, I have to.

I mean this is just hilarious...

"I sat there for three weeks and didn't say one word," Marbury told The Post. "I didn't hear one of my teammates say, `Why isn't Stephon Marbury playing? This is a good system for him, even to play with the second unit and bring more firepower.'

"When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, `I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished.
he just doesn't have a clue
laugh.gif

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Take 15/16 million and be done with it.

But last week, if I had the opportunity to change my image to the rest of the league and help my teammates...I woulda done it.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Take 15/16 million and be done with it.

But last week, if I had the opportunity to change my image to the rest of the league and help my teammates...I woulda done it.
You can't be serious. Everyone knows his image wouldn't have been changed regardless of what happened. There is NOTHING he can do tochange it.

He goes out there and plays knowing nothing is guaranteed next week, solely to help his teammates..

maybe not a 180 change.....but, his image isn't helped? Yes it absolutely would have been.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paidto be a basketball player.

And reading this post...
tired.gif
@ bashing Q.

38% from 3 this year, our best defender and rebounder at times. And team leader.

He hasn't been great, but he's been solid.

If that was the case his image would have been changed solely by doing what the coach asked him to do...with no qualms. That certainly didn't help. Peoplehave hated Steph since day 1....playing a game isn't gonna change that. It would have been "oh that was a nice gesture" and back to hating.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

smh.gif

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicksdon't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.

This is what Steph needed to revitalize his career. He's about to bounce back in a major way.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

smh.gif

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicks don't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.
So because he wasn't asked to play prior, the Knicks can't ask him to do anything?

Back
Top Bottom