Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

All they had to do was buy him out this past summer, but Donnie is stubborn.
smh.gif
NO, DOLAN IS STUBBORN. Dantoni is shady but that's irrelevent

why did knicks fans forget about this shmuck just cuz he hired someone competent for once (walsh)

yall don't think this prick is behind all of this? Dolan doesn't want to pay him to play somewhere else.

Dolan has played a big part in all of this I don't get why his name hasn;t come up in the knicks thread more often concering this steph mess

Originally Posted by repinqueens

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

All they had to do was buy him out this past summer, but Donnie is stubborn.
smh.gif
NO, DOLAN IS STUBBORN. Dantoni is shady but that's irrelevent

why did knicks fans forget about this shmuck just cuz he hired someone competent for once (walsh)

yall don't think this prick is behind all of this? Dolan doesn't want to pay him to play somewhere else.

Dolan has played a big part in all of this I don't get why his name hasn;t come up in the knicks thread more often concering this steph mess
That's real. Shady business is being conducted.

So what will be out there waiting for Stephon Marbury once he is finally free from the Knicks? We took the time to ask around and got some interestingresponses to an inquiry about teams that might be interested in bringing Marbury into their team at mid-season.

Several team executives believe at least one team will make a play for him, but for nothing more than the pro rated amount of the $1.2 million veteran'sminimum. Then if anything goes wrong, you can easily eat the relatively cheap contract and send him packing.

But there are great concerns about the player that, in GM circles, is referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

For instance, this came from a well-connected scout with many years in the league:

"I can't see anyone taking that risk. I think some teams were interested but now they would rather not. History tends to follow people and his isnot good. It's always someone else's fault with him. I'm not there or in their locker room, but it just doesn't look good. It's too badbecause I still think he can play. No one wants to deal with that in their locker room. He's not only lost respect from the organization, but also histeammates. When you lose your family what else is left?"

Europe won't be an option until the spring, because most of the big-time teams have their rosters filled and there are so few spots for American-bornplayers. But one agent with European connections said Marbury could make a killing overseas if he wanted to go there. How quickly would Josh Childress becomeold news in Greece when Starbury arrives? I think it might be good for him. He'll certainly earn more over there than he will here at this point.

you know you got to go with marbury on this one.

anyone whoever played sports & got any sort of pride is with on this one.
how you going to just bench the man all year & then just one night cause dudes didn't have enough players he supposed to play scrap moments.

chill... id rather fall back on my pride make my 20 mill & know that this is some business.

Q used to be one of my fav. players, but I can't rock with him on this or the knicks. as a teammate he supposed to know that this strictly some businessmoves he's making & shouldn't worry himself over that.

knicks need to honor the man contract. pay him his bread & then let him sign anywhere else if anyone wants him.
and you crazy to think that a team isn't going to make a play at him. (san antonio or miami)

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

how you going to just bench the man all year & then just one night cause dudes didn't have enough players he supposed to play scrap moments.
uh..no you dont and . yeah? hes getting paid to do whatever the team tells him to do .. they are paying him that 20 million.. so whatever the teamwants him to do .. he should do it...
its like being at work.. dont you listen to everything your boss tellls you to do?

nah he got paid to play basketball & he's being paid to be a starter.

so when they take that away from him and demote him to not even back up but to not active.

pride takes into play. i know personally if my old coach started me for years & then new guy comes and i don't even see the court/field; im going to betight.
and please believe first sign that the team needs me im not going to play.

if i were marbury id use my money buy season tickets & sit next to spike all season long.

nah he got paid to play basketball & he's being paid to be a starter.

so when they take that away from him and demote him to not even back up but to not active.

pride takes into play. i know personally if my old coach started me for years & then new guy comes and i don't even see the court/field; im going to be tight.
and please believe first sign that the team needs me im not going to play.

if i were marbury id use my money buy season tickets & sit next to spike all season long.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
were does it say hes being paid to be a starter? are you serious? ive never heard of a contract that says you have to start for the team while playingthere, are you serious?
if anything marbury should just accept the buyout and workout for another team .. hes not going to get any shine with his pride not playing on his contractyear? who's dumb enough to sit on the bench on his contract year when your offered to play 2 games and show the league (gm's/owners) that your stilleffective as a player?

so do you think by him being on the inactive list all year and not accepting to play will make teams want him next year?

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

uh..no you dont and . yeah? hes getting paid to do whatever the team tells him to do .. they are paying him that 20 million.. so whatever the team wants him to do .. he should do it...
its like being at work.. dont you listen to everything your boss tellls you to do?

so if your boss asks you, do you want to work today or not with pay?....your going to take the day off.

don't get it twisted he only got asked to play once. and it was because of the trades made. not like he was being asked like "yo mar we trying to workyou back in" it was probably more like yo we short a few players tonight we need you.

and if anyone is getting paid 20 million then yes he def. was being paid to be a starter. just means it didn't pan out, but that definitely is startermoney.

and be real why would you play for a bunch of people that aren't feeling your right now. (management & q.rich apparently) lol
ill take my day off take my 20 million and do what you want.

like i said if you played ball before you know the deal. its players first. you never turn ya back on ya teammates. i rather turn my back on my coach a milliontimes before putting my fellow brethren in the fire like that.

FREE MARBURY! FREE PLAXICO!

/\ He is putting the team first...which is why Marbury is not playing....nobody wants him on the team. Marbury has like 2 friends on the whole team...nobodylikes the dude...and trust me I know this.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

uh..no you dont and . yeah? hes getting paid to do whatever the team tells him to do .. they are paying him that 20 million.. so whatever the team wants him to do .. he should do it...

so if your boss asks you, do you want to work today or not with pay?....your going to take the day off.
Truth!
laugh.gif

/\ But the real truth is that some of that pay got docked...so who's really losing here?

Back
Top Bottom