Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Take 15/16 million and be done with it.

But last week, if I had the opportunity to change my image to the rest of the league and help my teammates...I woulda done it.
You can't be serious. Everyone knows his image wouldn't have been changed regardless of what happened. There is NOTHING he can do to change it.

I agree. His image would NOT have changed after 1 game. We all know that.
And I find it pretty hard to believe allen that you'd willingly give back 6 or 7 mil of YOUR money just b/c THEY no longer want you. Not calling you aliar. Just find it really hard to believe that you'd be so willing to give up YOUR money if you felt like YOU were in the right.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.
Yo, I think a lot of you are plain frontin'.
laugh.gif

t3b asked a legit question. If YOU were in a similar situation, how would YOU react? I'm guessing a lot of ppl here have blue collar jobs and have run intothe occasional prick supervisor. You mean to tell me if your supervisor was !!*!%** with you.... publicly humiliating you, lying TO you and lying ON you, thatyou guys would be all smiles about it? That you guys would be willing, ready, and able to do anything this supervisor asked when he suddenly needed you? Doubtit.

Anyway, if Steph went out there and half assed it like you said, then it would have been a whole other controversy.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicks don't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.
Bingo.

My only point is, you're being paid and exuberant amount of money from a contract you knowingly signed, if you don't like it, shouldn't have shown up at all. The organization has the right to call on you, as a professional, even if you deem it disrespectful.
I hear where you're coming from. But I don't put any of these dudes up on a pedestal like that. I look at it like they are employees at ajob just like you and me.
For instance, you may or may not make more money than the guy at your local Mickey D's. Does that mean that you're expected to do whatever your bosstells you? However he tells you to do it? No matter how rude or condescending he speaks to you? The guy at McD's (according to your logic) would say yesb/c you're the one making a lot of money and should be happy with that while he is getting minimum wage.
Do you hear how crazy that sounds? Just b/c someone is making more money than you does NOT mean that they should accept being treated like less than a man.
I don't know... I guess I see this as a union vs management type of issue. And most unions would be all over D'Antoni's $#% for creating a hostilework environment for his employee.
laugh.gif

I also find it hilarious that if you defend Steph on this forum its because you have NY pride, own a Steph jersey, or you're a stan. You people crack me up.

And there are definitely teams that would sign him now.

Word.
laugh.gif

And there's already an established list of teams looking to snatch Steph up. Heat, Celtics, Spurs and at least 2 others I don't remember right now.That's what was reported on ESPN about a week ago.

I think Steph was STRAIGHT up being disrespected by the organization. They only asked him to play when they were DESPERATE(when Nate and Cuttino were out). If they had not been out, you better believe they wouldn't have even THOUGHT of steph but since they were undermanned, how convenient they ask Stephnow.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Take 15/16 million and be done with it.

But last week, if I had the opportunity to change my image to the rest of the league and help my teammates...I woulda done it.
You can't be serious. Everyone knows his image wouldn't have been changed regardless of what happened. There is NOTHING he can do to change it.

I agree. His image would NOT have changed after 1 game. We all know that.
And I find it pretty hard to believe allen that you'd willingly give back 6 or 7 mil of YOUR money just b/c THEY no longer want you. Not calling you a liar. Just find it really hard to believe that you'd be so willing to give up YOUR money if you felt like YOU were in the right.

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.
Yo, I think a lot of you are plain frontin'.
laugh.gif

t3b asked a legit question. If YOU were in a similar situation, how would YOU react? I'm guessing a lot of ppl here have blue collar jobs and have run into the occasional prick supervisor. You mean to tell me if your supervisor was !!*!%** with you.... publicly humiliating you, lying TO you and lying ON you, that you guys would be all smiles about it? That you guys would be willing, ready, and able to do anything this supervisor asked when he suddenly needed you? Doubt it.

Anyway, if Steph went out there and half assed it like you said, then it would have been a whole other controversy.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicks don't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.
Bingo.

My only point is, you're being paid and exuberant amount of money from a contract you knowingly signed, if you don't like it, shouldn't have shown up at all. The organization has the right to call on you, as a professional, even if you deem it disrespectful.
I hear where you're coming from. But I don't put any of these dudes up on a pedestal like that. I look at it like they are employees at a job just like you and me.
For instance, you may or may not make more money than the guy at your local Mickey D's. Does that mean that you're expected to do whatever your boss tells you? However he tells you to do it? No matter how rude or condescending he speaks to you? The guy at McD's (according to your logic) would say yes b/c you're the one making a lot of money and should be happy with that while he is getting minimum wage.
Do you hear how crazy that sounds? Just b/c someone is making more money than you does NOT mean that they should accept being treated like less than a man.
I don't know... I guess I see this as a union vs management type of issue. And most unions would be all over D'Antoni's $#% for creating a hostile work environment for his employee.
laugh.gif

I also find it hilarious that if you defend Steph on this forum its because you have NY pride, own a Steph jersey, or you're a stan. You people crack me up.

And there are definitely teams that would sign him now.

Word.
laugh.gif

And there's already an established list of teams looking to snatch Steph up. Heat, Celtics, Spurs and at least 2 others I don't remember right now. That's what was reported on ESPN about a week ago.

Its different when you sign a contract versus at will employment, but i see where you're going with your example. My point about half-assing it would havebeen the fact that he didn't come off as insubordinate which I think carries more weight in this "story" than anything.

Lets not pretend that Marbury has gotten along with prior coaches either which is why I think he would have been better off actually PLAYING then talkingbuy-out or what have you. NBA players half +!% it every other night, I see it as a Warrior fan, so its not like this wouldn't have been anything new.

I also fail to see how any of us know exactly what transpired and who lied to who, etc, etc.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Steph to Phoenix for Barbosa.. Please lord?
Are you out of your mind?

All the Knicks fans just passed out hoping this would happen.
roll.gif

The hell is wrong with you man?
laugh.gif

Oh and of course teams can take a shot at Marbury, since the bulk of his deal/buyout would be assumed by NYK what do the teams have to lose besides a minimalcontract?

I don't see all this over the top disrespect that y'all are talking about.

Does Mike D'Antoni not have the right to play who he thinks should be playing? I think the disconnect is between Donnie and D'Antoni. D'Antoniprobably expected Steph to be gone, and Donnie didnnt get rid of him. So D'Antoni didn't play him, because he didn't want him with the team. Wherewas he humiliated? Players are sat on the end of the bench all the time. And as far as I'm concerned, he's still on contract so if he's needed,it's not crazy for him to be asked to play.

D'Antoni doesn't think he works well with what he's trying to do, or maybe he just hates his guts...who knows. But you can't blame the factthat he's still here on him. That's more on Donnie and Dolan.

Donnie didn't get rid of him when he should have, so D'Antoni didn't think he should be forced to play him.

I just don't think D'Antoni should have to play him, and I don't think its disrespectful to ask a guy who is on your roster to play when you needhim. I do think that Donnie handled this the wrong way by not getting rid of him back in the summer, but being benched isn't really outrageouslydisrespectful or humiliating in my opinion. I don't see how it warrants Steph acting like a baby and saying "well, you didn't want me beforeso...".

But I kinda think D'Antoni's story is a lie.
laugh.gif

I don't think he went to Steph and said "hey, you can start" and Steph was like "nah, I don't want to play". Doesn't soundbelievable to me, but who knows?

Every time I get out, they pull me right back in!
laugh.gif

I'm done with this debate...for real this time.
laugh.gif

Its different when you sign a contract versus at will employment, but i see where you're going with your example. My point about half-assing it would have been the fact that he didn't come off as insubordinate which I think carries more weight in this "story" than anything.

Lets not pretend that Marbury has gotten along with prior coaches either which is why I think he would have been better off actually PLAYING then talking buy-out or what have you. NBA players half +!% it every other night, I see it as a Warrior fan, so its not like this wouldn't have been anything new.

I also fail to see how any of us know exactly what transpired and who lied to who, etc, etc.
I see where you're coming from as well with the "not coming off as insubordinate" thing.

And I also agree that Marbury himself hasn't exactly endeared himself to teammates, the media, or fans in most of his previous stops. Like t3b, I am notsaying Marbs is totally innocent here. Far from!

But I think the Knicks started this entire mess. And it would be nice if they finally ended it.

why dont they force him to play the garbage time...the more gt he plays the more hell want to leave ....buy out his contract then when hes humiliated

I don't think the franchise is innocent in this whole debacle, I hope I haven't come off that way...in fact I think they added gasoline to the fire.This could have been handled better from all parties involved.

It's all around a bad situation. And the unprofessionalism from all sides has been surprising (players, coach, and the organization.) No one should speakpast a press release of information for the media. NEVER should they have let personal issues, different sides of the story leak out in the media. (Not untilthere was a resolvement in the matter.) Until then both coach, player and the organization should just shut the hell up and take care of business.

I'm not talking about the media and general public with his image.

I'm talking about other NBA teams.

Who wants to sign him now?

The Heat are said to be interested in Steph.

Originally Posted by starbury03

It's all around a bad situation. And the unprofessionalism from all sides has been surprising (players, coach, and the organization.) No one should speak past a press release of information for the media. NEVER should they have let personal issues, different sides of the story leak out in the media. (Not until there was a resolvement in the matter.) Until then both coach, player and the organization should just shut the hell up and take care of business.
I'm sorry, but welcome to modern day sports. The locker room isn't the scared sanctuary it use to be. Once the player became a bigger namethan the franchise, all bets were off.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Steph to Phoenix for Barbosa.. Please lord?
Are you out of your mind?

All the Knicks fans just passed out hoping this would happen.
roll.gif

The hell is wrong with you man?
laugh.gif
The Sun can keep Barbosa for all we care.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by starbury03

It's all around a bad situation. And the unprofessionalism from all sides has been surprising (players, coach, and the organization.) No one should speak past a press release of information for the media. NEVER should they have let personal issues, different sides of the story leak out in the media. (Not until there was a resolvement in the matter.) Until then both coach, player and the organization should just shut the hell up and take care of business.
I'm sorry, but welcome to modern day sports. The locker room isn't the scared sanctuary it use to be. Once the player became a bigger name than the franchise, all bets were off.

Very true. But still SMH at how this situation has played out. Look at the Harrington/Warriors situation. He didn't want to be there and we all knew. Butit didn't lead to a huge in house distraction like the one the Knicks organization have.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm not talking about the media and general public with his image.

I'm talking about other NBA teams.

Who wants to sign him now?

The Heat are said to be interested in Steph.
grin.gif

I posted this in the other thread but meant to post it here...

ESPN just reported that the meeting with Steph and Walsh lasted less than 15 minutes.
laugh.gif

allen3xis wrote:

but some veteran teams with players that can handle their own will want him on the bench, lets be real hes still servicable.
Who?

you know Steph doesn't wana play back up, either.

who? well teams reportedly interested for his service were heat (might not be a good fit with all the young dude), and spurs.

he was willing to play back-up under Mike D knowing that already he would coming into the season and the Duhon acquisition. he can be a little @+!%!sometimes but if he still cares one bit of his image he would play coming off the bench if he had too, just not with the knicks.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

All they had to do was buy him out this past summer, but Donnie is stubborn.
smh.gif
Exactly, and thats why it's easy to see they're just trying to screw him over. Marbury was upfront about wanting all his money...they knewtheir options, buy him out, or keep him on the team....they chose to do neither and drag this out...

And the only reason they dragged it out is bc they wanted to screw him over...they don't let him show if he can still play, they try to make him look badso the fans won't care if they cut the best player on the team, and they try to make him do things to void his contract...and they were successful in doingall 3 so far, he hasn't played, they got fans against him while possibly lying to the media saying he "refused" to play, and got $400kback....it's just disrespectful the way they handled this whole situation, even Isiah wouldnt have handled this so unprofessionally

OneTrust:
I think Steph was STRAIGHT up being disrespected by the organization.
I have no problem at all with whiny, disrespectful divas being disrespected.

Stop it. Yes he is.

Back
Top Bottom