PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

laugh.gif
 Yes, get him to hate RPG's right off the start. 
Throw Star Ocean and Nier into the JRPG side.

Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3 on the western RPG side.
Would you recommend Demon Souls over Dragon Age 2? In desperate need of a RPG.
I would go with Demon souls. I found Dragon age hard to get invested in, which is not the case with demon souls

Fallout 3, very easy to pick up and one of the best games I've played for sure. That's really the last RPG I have completed, but if you're into older ones FFIX is one that I've played and I love it. If you've got emulators, the SNES supposedly has excellent rpgs including Chrono Cross, FFVI, Earthbound etc.

Via Joystiq.com

Mortal Kombat gets a few balance tweaks
mk9360reptilespit-deserthi_530x298.jpg

NetherRealm Studios delivered a hotfix to Mortal Kombat over the weekend, making some overall balance changes and tweaking a few characters. Some non-specific changes include damage reduction on a few special moves and some adjustment to juggle combo damage scaling. Certain basic combos also saw their damage reduced as they were "doing too much damage without using any meter."

This is actually the second hotfix delivered for Mortal Kombat. NetherRealm revealed in April that it had the ability to adjust the game's balance without the need for patches. Check out the complete list of changes after the break.

We're just going to enjoy this sweet infinite combo we just discovered while we still can.
Reduced some of Kung Lao's combo and overall damage.
Reduced the damage on some special moves.
Increased the damage scaling after Kitana's Enhanced ground fan toss.
Adjusted some juggle's damage scaling.
Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
Increased Sheeva's damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya's fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
Changed Kano's Towards Front Kick to a low block.
Reduced the recovery on Kano's Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage's Flip Kick recovery.
Increased the damage of some of Baraka's special moves and attacks.
It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka's chopchop on the ground.
Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
Baraka's Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.

[h1]No Trophies for PSP Remasters[/h1][h2]SCEA confirms Trophies will not be supported.[/h2][h2]May 24, 2011[/h2]

The PSP Remaster series, titles being upgraded and playable on PlayStation 3, will not support Trophies, SCEA has confirmed to IGN. 

Sony first made the announcement last Saturday, unveiling an enhanced version of Monster Hunter Portable 3 for PlayStation 3, but details about possible Trophy support were unclear at that time. 

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is reportedly being releasedas a PSP Remaster title, but Konami has yet to make an official announcement. 

Annnnnd no reason for me to buy any of them. I'll already own 90% of them on PSP... trophies and improved graphics may have made me purchase a couple. Killin me here. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

Would you recommend Demon Souls over Dragon Age 2? In desperate need of a RPG.
I would go with Demon souls. I found Dragon age hard to get invested in, which is not the case with demon souls

Fallout 3, very easy to pick up and one of the best games I've played for sure. That's really the last RPG I have completed, but if you're into older ones FFIX is one that I've played and I love it. If you've got emulators, the SNES supposedly has excellent rpgs including Chrono Cross, FFVI, Earthbound etc.
Yea Fallout 3 was the first RPG of its kind I played and I loved it. Lookin for something new though and it's lookin like I'll go with Demon Souls. 
One question about dying in Demon Souls, do you really loose EVERYTHING and have to start over when you die? Like stats and abilities and stuff? That sounds OD. 

Yea Fallout 3 was the first RPG of its kind I played and I loved it. Lookin for something new though and it's lookin like I'll go with Demon Souls. 
One question about dying in Demon Souls, do you really loose EVERYTHING and have to start over when you die? Like stats and abilities and stuff? That sounds OD. 
no. you just lose your souls (which function as in-game currency) and have to start back at the last archstone you accessed in the world you're in. You can go back to the area you died in and recollect your lost souls though. I don't remember if you lose any collected items before the death but you won't lose stats and abilities. That would just be harsh in this game with all the ridiculously placed enemies and holes.
laugh.gif

Fun game though especially if you play online and alive.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

no. you just lose your souls (which function as in-game currency) and have to start back at the last archstone you accessed in the world you're in. You can go back to the area you died in and recollect your lost souls though. I don't remember if you lose any collected items before the death but you won't lose stats and abilities. That would just be harsh in this game with all the ridiculously placed enemies and holes.
laugh.gif

You get to go back once, if u die before you retrieve your souls they are gone for good. Also when you die you come back as a soul (or something) and only have half your life until you get a stone to restore you back to human form with full life. Trust me this not hurt the game but makes u so much more invested.  Also you can revisit almost any area and fight enemies again to get some souls.

Is anyone still trying to get the Spec Ops stars?
laugh.gif
I'm looking for a partner, trying to try it out this weekend.

Since you liked Fallout 3, what about playing New Vegas its not as good as Fallout 3 but its very similar. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

i still havent finished playing the story mode is mw2

dead island looks mad fun. controls seems sluggish though
It's a 5 hour play through 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 i'll finish it before mw3 comes out, hopefully
missed out on the black ops double xp cuz i didnt really care, but i'll try to be on mw2 tonight

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

laugh.gif

It works out like this:
  • If you die while you are alive, you go into soul form. Your health is reduced by 50% while in this form but your attack and defense is increased by 15%
  • You also lose all your souls (currency) when you die. You don't lose any collected items when you die. The souls can be reclaimed by picking them up in the spot that you died in.
  • If you die again before reclaiming your souls you lose them permanently, which sucks when you have a lot of souls saved up (in my case half a mil)
    laugh.gif
  • In order to come back to "life" you either need to use a certain in game item, beat the main boss of the level you are in, or help another living player beat a boss.
  • The only way you actually lose levels and stats is if you are defeated by an invading player or are defeated while invading another player's world.
  • If you defeat an invading player, you take one of their levels as a reward.
    pimp.gif
This game is so much fun and challenging when playing with other people.
pimp.gif

Oh ok thanks for that break down.

So is there a difference between the single player and multiplayer modes? Like if I'm just playing single player and I'm connected to PSN can someone just invade my game?
SupremeApe I plan on checkin out New Vegas eventually but I'm definitely trying to to play something completely new. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is anyone still trying to get the Spec Ops stars?
laugh.gif
I'm looking for a partner, trying to try it out this weekend.

I'd be down I think. I am missing two trophies, the 1 star in all 15 specs, and 3 staring all of them.
I was 2 spec ops on veteran away,  then my old PS3 crashed with the data on it, so I never bothered to restart.

from playstationlifestyle.net

[h1]Sony Press Event To Span 5 Hours, Biggest Ever[/h1]

05/24/2011 Written by Sebastian Moss

Sony-E3-2011.jpg

Over the past few years, E3 press conferences have evolved, increasingly ditching dry sales talks that only an investor would enjoy and embracing the flashy, sometimes star studded, show that a game reveal truly deserves. Each year, Sony has managed to wow fans with huge surprises and breathtaking trailers, all packed into a couple of hours. This year, Sony will be doing something different, due to the huge number of games that are sure to be covered, and a major focus on the NGP, their E3 event will last a record breaking five hours. First up is the conference, and then there’ll be a special event afterwards.

Starting at 5PM (PST) on June 6th, the show will continue all the way until 10PM.

e3-sonyes.jpg

We’ll be there live at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, covering the entire conference (we’ll be sure to drink a lot of coffee) as well as the “special event

Anyone on here still play NCAA Football 11 ? I've been looking at getting back into playing a football game but sure as hell don't want to play Madden.

It good good reviews and amazon is selling it for $35 new. F'ing gamestop was trying to sell it to me for $34+ tax which also would require me to spend another $10 bucks if I wanted to play online because of EA's BS online pay system for used games.

Or should I just wait for NCAA Football 12 which comes out on 7/12 ?

NCAA 11 was my favorite football game ever but there's no way I'd pay $35 for it with '12 coming out in just over a month.

I was actually literally about to drop my copy off in the mail and send it to Amazon this week. They're giving me $12 for it, if you want it I'll send it to you for the same.

NCAA 11 was my favorite football game ever but there's no way I'd pay $35 for it with '12 coming out in just over a month.

I was actually literally about to drop my copy off in the mail and send it to Amazon this week. They're giving me $12 for it, if you want it I'll send it to you for the same.

PM sent.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

5 HOURS? What the hell can you ramble on about for 5 hours? 

its not 5 hours, its 2 or 2+, the extra time is for backstage stuff where sony usually provides free food and drinks

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Take-Two Locks Up Grand Theft Auto Makers[/h1]Take-Two announced it has re-signed Sam Houser, Dan Houser and Leslie Benzies of Rockstar Games to a new, long-term employment deal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Both Sam and Dan Houser helped found Rockstar Games back in 1998 and currently serve as President and Vice President of the company. Leslie Benzies has been a producer at Rockstar Games on the Grand Theft Auto series since 2001.

The current deal for these key people was set to expire on January 31, 2012. Take-Two is the parent company of Rockstar Games.
Link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1170424p1.html

What this means is that GTA V won't be coming out anytime sooner. R* is not scheduled to be at E3 this year and GTA V probably won't be even announced this year. Max Payne 3 and Agent all will probably come out before GTA V. GTA V at the earliest might release in Fall 2012 but probably now sometime in 2013.

Sony's conference should be good. NGP, gameplay of announced exclusives and probably unannounced exclusives, PSP remasters and more. I need to visit one of the events one day CES or E3 mainly.

More time for "GIANT ENEMY CRAB!!!"�
roll.gif

For those who don't get the reference...

Spoiler [+]
� �

Back
Top Bottom