PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Final Fantasy XIII Takes it to the Hoop!
final_fantasy_xiii_large-685x385.png

With Final Fantasy XIII hitting in less than a month, Square Enix is looking to get the buzz out there about their upcoming AAA RPG across a variety of sites and commercials. With this upcoming promotion , Square Enix might just land a slam dunk.

Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIII will be sponsoring the NBA All-Star Event 2010 in Dallas, Texas this year!

340x_custom_1265846624600_2010.jpg

There will also be a preview booth at the NBA All-Star Jam Session so that old or new fans can give Square Enix’s newest RPG masterpiece a try.

Yeah, we know, when you think NBA, the first that doesn’t come to mind is Final Fantasy or RPG fans. Still, it’s a good way to get the word out there for the title and for those who might not know about the series to get a clue for what they’ve missed the past 12 titles in the series.

Final Fantasy XIII hits the PlayStation 3 on March 9th. Make sure you don’t miss PlayStation LifeStyle’s review for it!

Via playstationlifestyle.net

PS3 Gets New Invite System
feature-MW2-2.jpg

A member from the SCEE community team has detailed the PS3’s new invite system, and it’s pretty good to say the least. Modern Warfare 2 has it and now expect to see many more titles include it as well.

The PlayStation 3’s latest firmware has a feature which allows you to invite players via an active text chat room.

Yaster, a community team moderator for SCEE has detailed the process.
Ok for those who don’t know, it is possible to set up 16 player chatrooms on PS3 which allow you to text chat while playing games at the touch of the DUALSHOCK 3’s “PS

Via joystiq.com

PTOM rumor: inFamous 2 coming in 2010
infamousnewpicbutnot2itsold.jpg

The latest issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine (detailing Crysis 2) has a seemingly innocent feature called "Second to None" in its news section. Promising "the scoop on three hugely anticipated sequels slated for 2010," the magazine details Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, and inFamous 2.

Wait, what? If you didn't notice, one of these three games hasn't been officially announced. The magazine speculates that inFamous 2 will "[pick] up a significant time after the first game, offering a reshaped metropolis." A Sony representative shot down the magazine's report though, stating, "we do not comment on rumor or speculation."

While Sony remains hush about an inFamous sequel, it seems reasonable to assume that it's only a matter of time before the game comes to fruition. However, the 2010 date pegged by the magazine is likely speculation: The sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum, while announced, hasn't been dated for a release this year. Would both Rocksteady and Sucker Punch be able to turn over sequels to their summer blockbusters just one year after they release? And most importantly, would gamers even want that?

The first was pretty dope.

Via worthplaying.com

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to have day-one DLC
battlefieldbadcompany2announcement.jpg

In what's becoming the rule rather than the exception for EA games, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will receive day one DLC. Speaking to Worthplaying, senior producer Patrick Bach said, "We have an in-game store where you get free content or you can buy new content to the game, so it's a very integral part of the game that we will have a long post-launch campaign. I think people will be thrilled to see what's in that already. On day one, you will get some really cool stuff."

It's still not clear if that "really cool" stuff will be free, for-pay or both -- in the case of EA's usual in-the-box DLC strategy, it would be free to new buyers and sold separately for used copies of the game. You'll remember that during the release of the first Bad Company, EA was actually threatened with a boycott for its (soon abandoned) strategy that would have created an in-game gap between players that spent extra money and those who didn't. Hopefully EA and DICE will be a bit smarter about things this time around.

i dont know what it is about today in gaming but so far:

scans of the crysis 2 article from official playstation magazine

posted here - http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/02/...-built-to-take-full-advantage-of-the-console/

scans of the LA Noire article from Game Informer

posted here - http://www.metalgearsolid.org/Other-Games/70154-L.A.-Noire-Game-Informer-scans.html

both of which are looking very serious

M$ is having their X10 event

and cap it off tonight with the first public showing of the long awaited GOW3 trailer
pimp.gif

[h2]God of War III gets 9 in world-first review in OPM UK[/h2]
February 11th, 2010 @ 14:01
By Johnny Cullen

godofwariiia2.jpg

OPM UK has given God of War III a nine in the game’s first ever review in its latest issue hitting subs now.

Stating the reason why it barely missedout on a ten, the magazine’s Nathan Ditum said in closing the review:“The game is inches away from scoring 10/10, and it’s only thefamiliarity of the core gameplay that makes it feel less than the very,very best.

“But it’s definitely the biggest, and if this is the finale (and thecorpses littering the stage by the end of the game suggest it mightbe), then God of War III gives PlayStation’s toughest hero the send-offhe deserves.

I wanna know has anyone beat chrono cross before? I might buy it on amazon

and when does ff 9 release on psn... I want to buy it on amazon but would rather have it on psn.

is the kingdom hearts series really good cus I never played them. I might buy the first 2.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

yup i have the OG copy for the psone i beat it already like 30 times,

and i also have it on psp

Chrono Trigger >> Chrono Cross

I seriously wish they would re make my all time favorite RPG for PS3 in HD like they did with the God Of War HD collection.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

and when does ff 9 release on psn... I want to buy it on amazon but would rather have it on psn.

is the kingdom hearts series really good cus I never played them. I might buy the first 2.

Yes Chrono Trigger > Chrono Cross but I still love them both
YES BUY KINGDOM HEARTS. Don't let the disney fool you.

God of War 1 is pissing me off ALOT right now.  I cannot for the life of me get past the Challenge of Posidein.  The 3 headed monsters with the little dogs are freaking impossible.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

God of War 1 is pissing me off ALOT right now.  I cannot for the life of me get past the Challenge of Posidein.  The 3 headed monsters with the little dogs are freaking impossible.
You have to go hard at the big ones and ignore the little dogs. Don't let it shoot from the mouth if you can. Use the rage of the gods or whatever that power up move is and slash the hell out of them.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

maybe one of u guys can help me out...

i recently bought warhawk off psn n my boy n i wanna game share, hows that done?

you cant game share it because it is tied to your account
I think you are wrong.  You can share WH, but I heard the original purchaser has to wait 24 hours before playing again

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

maybe one of u guys can help me out...

i recently bought warhawk off psn n my boy n i wanna game share, hows that done?

you cant game share it because it is tied to your account
I think you are wrong.  You can share WH, but I heard the original purchaser has to wait 24 hours before playing again
my buddy tried it before and left it on his system for a week it didn't let him play, but give it a shot to see if it works

I do not like baseball at all, but god damn!
eek.gif
the graphics on that game look unreal. Has got to be one of the best looking 2010 sports game to come out so far

Back
Top Bottom