duh.

laugh.gif
obviously.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

consider + it = considerate

duh.
yea duh 
laugh.gif

and yea i mostly agree with most of you im just kinda biased and wanna be on espn 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

consider + it = considerate

duh.
yea duh 
laugh.gif

and yea i mostly agree with most of you im just kinda biased and wanna be on espn 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

No offense, but watching two people play video games seems ridiculous to me.

non taken, and thousands of people watch tournaments pretty much every weekend via live stream...Winter Brawl 5 last weekend got up to 10,000 viewers 

non taken, and thousands of people watch tournaments pretty much every weekend via live stream...Winter Brawl 5 last weekend got up to 10,000 viewers 

Not everything on ESPN is a sport.

The first word in the acronym ESPN is 'entertainment'.

Apparently, watching spelling bees and poker games is entertaining to some, so ESPN shows it, since it is competitive.

But ESPN doesn't define MY definition of sports, and video gaming definitely doesn't fall under it.

Athletic competition using a significant amount of physicality to succeed.

That word 'significant' is the subjective term, and some will quote that and say 'Well pushing a button is physical. Standing up and spelling words is physical.' THat's why I say SIGNIFICANT amount of physicality.

Racing and golf are at my minimum of 'significant' physicality. I have trouble considering racing a sport, but I definitely recognize that it's more physically demanding than golf... so eff, they're both in for me; have been for a few years.

But anything less than that? No. Not for me.

Not everything on ESPN is a sport.

The first word in the acronym ESPN is 'entertainment'.

Apparently, watching spelling bees and poker games is entertaining to some, so ESPN shows it, since it is competitive.

But ESPN doesn't define MY definition of sports, and video gaming definitely doesn't fall under it.

Athletic competition using a significant amount of physicality to succeed.

That word 'significant' is the subjective term, and some will quote that and say 'Well pushing a button is physical. Standing up and spelling words is physical.' THat's why I say SIGNIFICANT amount of physicality.

Racing and golf are at my minimum of 'significant' physicality. I have trouble considering racing a sport, but I definitely recognize that it's more physically demanding than golf... so eff, they're both in for me; have been for a few years.

But anything less than that? No. Not for me.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Thats crazy!  I play video games about 5-10 hours a week, max.  If I was going to devote time to video games, I would have to be playing, not watching.  Obviously some people disagree.  Anyway, I wish you much success in your gaming.

Thats crazy!  I play video games about 5-10 hours a week, max.  If I was going to devote time to video games, I would have to be playing, not watching.  Obviously some people disagree.  Anyway, I wish you much success in your gaming.

In this day and age is that really a lot of views though?

In this day and age is that really a lot of views though?

marvel, tekken 6, etc. are far more exciting to watch IMO than a game of madden.
you might as well watch a football game IMO if you're going to watch madden (on espn, i mean).

now high level mvc3, tekken tag 2, etc. would be very entertaining. it definitely takes a lot of skill to get decent at these games.

its mental, it takes muscle memory, etc. and you def haev to have the "clutch gene."

i'm not saying its a sport but i'm not saying that its not, either.

marvel, tekken 6, etc. are far more exciting to watch IMO than a game of madden.
you might as well watch a football game IMO if you're going to watch madden (on espn, i mean).

now high level mvc3, tekken tag 2, etc. would be very entertaining. it definitely takes a lot of skill to get decent at these games.

its mental, it takes muscle memory, etc. and you def haev to have the "clutch gene."

i'm not saying its a sport but i'm not saying that its not, either.

ESPN should show more highlights of MMA. After all Poker gets a whole series, Spelling Bee gets a whole weekend. Video games doesn't go well with ESPN. Better off with G4TV.

ESPN should show more highlights of MMA. After all Poker gets a whole series, Spelling Bee gets a whole weekend. Video games doesn't go well with ESPN. Better off with G4TV.

laugh.gif
@ watching ppl play video games and I love to play video games.

If it aint on the Wii it won't even be fun to watch.

laugh.gif
@ watching ppl play video games and I love to play video games.

If it aint on the Wii it won't even be fun to watch.

I doubt you'd make it into EPSN but I'd love to hear more about what you do and how you became a professional gamer.

I doubt you'd make it into EPSN but I'd love to hear more about what you do and how you became a professional gamer.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

How does one become a certified Pro? 
nerd.gif
Being sponsored, but you can also be pro without being sponsored in different situations if you have enough name recognition

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

How does one become a certified Pro? 
nerd.gif
Being sponsored, but you can also be pro without being sponsored in different situations if you have enough name recognition

Back
Top Bottom