Post your TATS vol. inked for life

cjspida that looks really well done so far, good detail and all. What exactly is the inspiration from it?

Theres a tattoo convention in NYC on the 14th-16th.

Im thinking of getting my tattoo done there that day by an artist who is great with text. Planning to get a phrase (idk whether across my under forearm in big letters, or a band on my underforearm in smaller letters obviously).

This a good idea?

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Here is another one that Mandy Garcia did. Have no idea hot it was done but looks interesting to say the least.

white.jpg
White ink maybe? Not sure I always see them when they're done and never in the process/fresh.

That is what I am thinking. It is only raised cause it was just finished. I wonder if a black light would bring it out. Kind of cool but then kind of dumb.
I'm pretty sure that's white ink.  My artist's wife has her chest done in white ink and i can see it looking like that right after it's done.  Looks so throwed in person though once it's healed.

- Preciate it.

smh.gif
at some of the reply's, its definitely scarification
pimp.gif
That is NOT scarification.

Originally Posted by bkmac

cjspida that looks really well done so far, good detail and all. What exactly is the inspiration from it?

um i juss feel that people have 2 sides to them, so thats y i got that,, i have another skull on the other side aswell, and these are on my leggs and that is the darker parts of me the not so happy things in my life,
and the upper part of my body i have more religous type stuff angels and other stuff

and thanx for the complement i will post better pics when this is all healed and the whole piece is done

as some of you guys may know i've been working on a half sleeve. working on the inside arm now...

here's a picture of what i just got done this from my artists' myspace. my camera is out of batteries and i been too lazy to go pick some up lol. i'll be taking pics of the whole sleeve once its all done

l_651aebd1bedc45c3a27deec8438ae0bb.jpg

planning to get something done on my forearm this weekend or next...
got some questions:

1. can we go to the gym, or sweat after we get ink?  or should we just wait till its healed?

2. what do we put on it during healing process?  and can we also put soap on it while we shower during the healing process?

^id take a week off from the gym, but it really depends on how big yur tat is and how fast yur body heals. jus put lotion on it all week and u can use soap jus dont scrub yur arm, wash it lightly

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

got some questions:

1. can we go to the gym, or sweat after we get ink?  or should we just wait till its healed?

2. what do we put on it during healing process?  and can we also put soap on it while we shower during the healing process?
1. I usually take a week off to take precautions, but that's just me. A fresh tat is an open wound and can get infected if it gets dirty. Some people are also bothered by sleeves irritating their tattoo. And if you sweat, you should pat dry it gently and wash it with an unscented anti-bacterial soap. I use dial

2. I use Aquaphor 2-3x a day(small amount, too much is overkill and your tat can't breathe/heal) for 2 weeks. Some people prefer to use it just for the first 2-3 days after getting tattooed. After the aquaphor, you should switch to an unscented lotion. For soap, use unscented anti-bacterial soap and rub gently with your finger tips. After you shower, don't dry it with a towel. Pat it try with a paper towel

kingjamesvehs, that is not scarification. If it were, the skin would be more irritated.

I'm sure that's white ink.

i want my upper left arm done next, so many ideas. i just don't know which one to put there smh, being too picky ftl

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

got some questions:

Yeah you can still go to the gym bro... don't worry about that, just be sure to take a shower right after. You're only getting it on your forearm, so it's no big deal, it's not gonna affect your workout.

And yes you can use soap, you actually suppose to shower down a couple hours after getting your tattoo. Don't scrub it on your skin, scrub on your hands, and then wash your tattoo. Also always use cold/warm water.

I'm thinkin bout getting the N.E.R.D logo on my shoulder, facing my chest. Anyone think people might mistake it for a penis head? no mo

Plan on getting my next tattoo in about a month..."Respect & Loyalty" above my chest and wings next to the words by my shoulders

Back
Top Bottom