Post Your Motorcycle

what are all yalls insurance prices?

for the bikes im looking at (SV650, FZ6, and er6n) i was quoted at $21-25 a month. found out i might be able to save more because of alumni status though an org in.

MY CBR 600RR WAS STOLEN FROM MY APARTMENTS 2 WEEKS AGO. I WAS BUMMED UNTIL INSURANCE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME WHAT THEY WERE GIVING ME FOR THE BIKE. $7000 FOR A BIKE I PAID $4000 FOR :pimp: . DROPPING THAT IN THE BANK AND SAVING FOR A BIT TO PICK UP A DUCATI 848.

damn now thats a come up...i dont know why but repped :pimp:

YEA IT WAS. I BOUGHT THE BIKE FROM A POLICE OFFICER WHO WAS HAVING A BABY AND NEEDED TO SELL. BLUE BOOK WAS AROUND 7500 AT THE TIME AND HE WANTED 5000. DID A BIT OF NEGOTIATING AND GOT IT DOWN.

STILL PISSED I'M WITHOUT A BIKE FOR NOW BUT THAT EXTRA 3 GRAND MAKES IT HURT LESS :smokin

YEA IT WAS. I BOUGHT THE BIKE FROM A POLICE OFFICER WHO WAS HAVING A BABY AND NEEDED TO SELL. BLUE BOOK WAS AROUND 7500 AT THE TIME AND HE WANTED 5000. DID A BIT OF NEGOTIATING AND GOT IT DOWN.
STILL PISSED I'M WITHOUT A BIKE FOR NOW BUT THAT EXTRA 3 GRAND MAKES IT HURT LESS :smokin

wooooooo i fully recommend the 848 :D. i get more compliments on that than i do on my car. i got my '09 with 5k miles for a little under $10k i think (don't exactly remember how much now), but there were definitely some better deals around if i was willing to drive 4-5 hours away to get it. there were some in the $6k-$7k range too that were bone stock. most of them were white though and at first that's what i wanted, but then i decided that if i was getting a ducati it HAD to be red.

i had made a post about a situation i got into. i'll post it here as well so you guys know to be careful. i had sold my old gsxr600 this past may. it was a cash sale and i didn't make a bill of sale or anything. we negotiated in my garage. when we agreed on a price, he gave me the cash and i gave him the keys and signed the title over. i forgot to take my license plate off so i texted him asking him to meet me up to get them, but he said he'd do it that weekend. i just went to the dmv the next day and told them the situation and the lady took care of it for me.

fast forward to this past week: i get a letter in the mail about a vehicle tow report and see that the bike got into an accident and it's the bike i had sold to the guy. it was apparently still under my name, because he never registered it. i don't have the guys name or contact info anymore (mistake on my part) and no bill of sale or any proof that i actually sold the bike. i went to the dmv and got a vehicle history report that shows that i sold the bike in may so hopefully that'll be good enough to keep me in the clear, but the officer still hasn't responded to any of my messages or anything. i don't know if i should keep trying to get in contact with him or just say screw it since i've called him multiple times and left a few messages.

anyway, make sure you do everything by the book when you go to buy or sell a bike private party. people might seem like they're nice and genuine, but you have no guarantee that they'll do what they're supposed to on their end and you definitely don't want to get caught up because of their actions.

katana 750..
Don't know why I put Kawasaki

Is it your first bike or have you been riding for a while? If you have experience that sounds like a solid pickup. If I were you I would make sure the previous owner didn't do too much modification to it.

Is it your first bike or have you been riding for a while? If you have experience that sounds like a solid pickup. If I were you I would make sure the previous owner didn't do too much modification to it.
2nd... I had an r6 04..

It got stolen over the summer, but it was nothing but problems

so i've always wondered what it would be like to do one of these epic crew rides so when this came up i had to roll (thats me with red backpack):

if you look in the background here you see what looks like it could be a bawse endo/stoppie but it is actually me in the process of dropping the bike (the guy on the bike just in front me, surprised me by coming across the front of my path trying to get to the pump and i grabbed a fist full of front brake) & ended up going over the handlebars...(i landed on my feet like a g though!)

with me standing over the bike like @#$%...notice the squad car in the far corner of the previous pic, it flashed those lights not 30 secs after, so after a quick assessment & bike starting right back up, we rolled out...

after which the bike looked like this and i also got a pretty nice sized gash on my thigh from the fairing ripping my jeans:

but it was so worth to it ride around the city 100+ bikes deep like this:

so anyway, all the fairings were in great shape except the front cowl piece, & its was a pain in the @#$ to find a replacement on ebay and an oem part was going to cost about as much as an aftermarket sert so it went from looking like this...

to this...

as much as i liked the blacked/murder out look, i'm lovin' the way it looks now even more, the matte white really sets it off nicely(it is prolly going to suck keeping it clean t*****...)! as much fun as it was, i don't know if i'd do another ride like this one...it was lightweight crazy

so i've always wondered what it would be like to do one of these epic crew rides so when this came up i had to roll (thats me with red backpack):

if you look in the background here you see what looks like it could be a bawse endo/stoppie but it is actually me in the process of dropping the bike (the guy on the bike just in front me, surprised me by coming across the front of my path trying to get to the pump and i grabbed a fist full of front brake) & ended up going over the handlebars...(i landed on my feet like a g though!)

with me standing over the bike like @#$%...notice the squad car in the far corner of the previous pic, it flashed those lights not 30 secs after, so after a quick assessment & bike starting right back up, we rolled out...

after which the bike looked like this and i also got a pretty nice sized gash on my thigh from the fairing ripping my jeans:

but it was so worth to it ride around the city 100+ bikes deep like this:

so anyway, all the fairings were in great shape except the front cowl piece, & its was a pain in the @#$ to find a replacement on ebay and an oem part was going to cost about as much as an aftermarket sert so it went from looking like this...

to this...

as much as i liked the blacked/murder out look, i'm lovin' the way it looks now even more, the matte white really sets it off nicely(it is prolly going to suck keeping it clean t*****...)! as much fun as it was, i don't know if i'd do another ride like this one...it was lightweight crazy
which ride was this??

i dying to do that "Hollywood Stuntz" ride thru NYC... crazy stuff!!!

Last edited:
heres the "HollyWood Stuntz" / Block Starz ride thru NYC from August 2012...

he also got a halloween ride as well... costumes and all..

NT cats need to get together and get our own thing going for real... Just and idea

Last edited:
my 1999 gsxr 600....my first bike and sold it 2 weeks ag. shopping for a 05-06 Ninja ZX-6R(636) currently.

wooo we...

that GSXR is tough for a 99...

they rarely changed the body... that thing is :pimp:

update on the motorcycle... punk *** dude tried to hustle me...

i get out there, he starts changing up the prices... then, i caught that he lied on the miles and the years...

he tried to backtrack... but i was like "naaaah, famb... i'm straight"

so i'm expecting an extra grand on my check, bringing my total budget for my bike to $3000...

i should be able to cop an 04+... trying to find a 600-700...

ricky,

got the bike for a steal too! loved that thing, but it was heavy as hell(400+ pounds) and wanted to move onto fuel injection. power was definitely there...but i've been eyeing the 636s for a while now...

more power to ya brother...

how much you got it for?

i'm eyeing a cbr f4i for 3 stacks...

06 with 14k...

:nerd: :nerd:

I keep hearing Honda's are super dependable ...

The f4i 600 06 for $3k before taxes...

It seems almost too Goodrich be true... what y'all think....?

which ride was this??

i dying to do that "Hollywood Stuntz" ride thru NYC... crazy stuff!!!

boston MASSacre, this was actually a week after that hollywood ride...which looked BANANAS!!! they had times square SHUT DOWN...

pretty sure those guys do a halloween ride too

blah. my best buddy is thinking about selling his bike. I just bought mine a couple months or so ago, but only really ride it with him. if he sells, I think I will too. he needs the money for a down payment on a house, but at the same time, I think he's also shaken because he went riding with another buddy of ours who took a turn too fast going 45ish and wrecked right in front of him. ah well, if he sells I might just get rid of mine too and just buy a 2nd car to keep the miles low on my current car :rolleyes

been thinking about getting a sports bike for a long time now, maybe a 600. i have NEVER rode a bike before and still debating if its worth spending on. can anyone tell me the pros and cons of riding a bike and what I should really need to know before I pull the trigger?

Back
Top Bottom